Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

Well, we're still waiting for the rest of the team. Can see us not going for a out & out no.1 but going for strength in depth. Not to amoured by the mention of Lykke in a suggested team, rather have Matt back at reserve. 

1 hour ago, workyboy said:

Well, we're still waiting for the rest of the team. Can see us not going for a out & out no.1 but going for strength in depth. Not to amoured by the mention of Lykke in a suggested team, rather have Matt back at reserve. 

I'd have lykkeover Williamson any day of the week. Matt peaked last year an has reached his level, far to inconsistent a. Worryingly when he didn't gate was half a lap behind. 

half a lap behind ! thats a bit harsh . matt @ reserve will do for me .

• Like 1

matt did have a spell where he went right off

but came back towards end of season

im sure matt hass more to offer

wouldnt like to choose between him or kasper

kasper lykee has went well round workington very well at times but hes also had a poor run of form when he couldnt do anything much good

using the quirky worky average converter , we have used up approx 28.19 points up . 

so that leaves us with approx 14.31 for the last two riders . 

anyone got any ideas ?

( just putting 2 and 2 together and getting some numbers together . right or wrong , its fun .

well done to the farraa marra ....

Edited by jenga

I wonder who will be Bach {it couldn't could it?},  could it be Ty, what about young Kyle, who's the last reserve?

Answers would be nice before that bearded old bugger comes.

Considering the palaver that's going on already with this team building/not building and the stories already posted on here, can someone explain exactly why we are even bothering running next year? :unsure:

Slowly but surely we are just developing a calamity in waiting, once again as in previous years, no interaction from the promotion as to what's going on, no ideas as to whom we might be looking at, riders allegedly signed that aren't, riders wanting to come back but not yet offered anything, trying to entice back riders whom basically wanted to get away from this club and this is not looking good, so far this shambles doesn't fill me with any enthusiasm for the coming season?

Hope I'm a little happier when we finally nail seven riders down!! ;)

• Like 1

it does look like the promotion havnt learned anything

as not 1 off them has posted anything and offical site also not that great with info

we all know the problem is not laura 

real shame things arnt improving

ive not given up hope of a decent season on track

but really hope im wrong but workington looks like its self destructing from the top down

• Like 1

Apart from were talking to riders what can they say,u cant expect them to name riders who they are talking to as it might tip off other clubs. As for howarth its a no win situation he dont wont to come  us sheffield just sit and wait for the march deadline to sign and get him half of what we wont to sell him with volves happy to pay loan fee to us or sheffield.

hang in there my young (and old ) padwans , its not over before the season starts , is it ?

klindt is or can be the new sarj. love or hate. he just may suprise a few . good when in front, but not so hot when behind . the only week link i can see so far .

its a shame the rumours are starting to emerge over kyle b signing on . this years rule have almost bu33ered him up .  he had a certain team spot with anyone . now maybe frozen out due to other factors . hope not . no kyle means only 11/12 points left to play with , but mason at reserve could be a masterstroke for wucky .

cant see ty travelling 1/2 way around the world to have a uk jpb and then ride speedway . so looks like matt is the one with the job problems and riding speedway . (newcastle bound ) Sunday track......  .team will be announced when all the i,s have been crossed and the t,s dotted ! 

looking forward to another entertaining season without any tape breaking lol 

Edited by jenga