British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

is it deffo that the rider with work comitments was a returning rider 

i thought the statement said the rider we wanted couldnt comit 

im sure theres more in place than people think.   

go back a few years most teams didnt really release names before christmas    

last year it was all done early    so people just expect the same 

8 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Apart from were talking to riders what can they say,u cant expect them to name riders who they are talking to as it might tip off other clubs. As for howarth its a no win situation he dont wont to come  us sheffield just sit and wait for the march deadline to sign and get him half of what we wont to sell him with volves happy to pay loan fee to us or sheffield.

Well, anything really?

It's all very well saying we're "talking to riders" but lets have some meat on the bones, how well are the talks going do they look promising, are we close too any deals, will we even like him, we've got some irons in the fire as fall backs....possibly "european" nudge nudge, anything can be said to at least generate some modicum of interest to keep us occupied!! :rolleyes:

This is make or break year remember and we cant afford to be broke before we even start!! ;)

14 minutes ago, Lord Lucan said:

Well, anything really?

It's all very well saying we're "talking to riders" but lets have some meat on the bones, how well are the talks going do they look promising, are we close too any deals, will we even like him, we've got some irons in the fire as fall backs....possibly "european" nudge nudge, anything can be said to at least generate some modicum of interest to keep us occupied!! :rolleyes:

This is make or break year remember and we cant afford to be broke before we even start!! ;)

14 minutes ago, Lord Lucan said:

Well, anything really?

Its the same over here at Berwick, being talking to a.b.c.d.e &f, spoke to a potential No1 etc. etc.etc..  They may have spoken to many they may have not,it still amazes me how the average fan falls for it.  We could have had A or B at No1, we were gazumped, aye !, likely

• Like 1

Workington

1. Kyle Howarth (8.62)

2. Nicolai Klindt (7.51)

3. Ty Proctor (7.15)

4. Dan Bewley (5.80)

5. Mason Campton (5.73)

6. Jan Graversen (5.27)

7. Kyle Bickley (2.00)

Total: 42.08

3 minutes ago, madsteve said:

Workington

1. Kyle Howarth (8.62)

2. Nicolai Klindt (7.51)

3. Ty Proctor (7.15)

4. Dan Bewley (5.80)

5. Mason Campton (5.73)

6. Jan Graversen (5.27)

7. Kyle Bickley (2.00)

That looks a very good team.

2 hours ago, madsteve said:

Workington

1. Kyle Howarth (8.62)

2. Nicolai Klindt (7.51)

3. Ty Proctor (7.15)

4. Dan Bewley (5.80)

5. Mason Campton (5.73)

6. Jan Graversen (5.27)

7. Kyle Bickley (2.00)

2 to 7 I'm fairly happy with that but, Kyle Howarth @ 1 not sure at all. He has to many toys in the pram, that could be thrown at any time!!!

i would be well happy with grav @ reserve. 

So Matt’s gone to Edinburgh as reserve, hope Laura and co have something up their sleeve. News before Christmas? Good luck Matt.

Shame MW has moved on ... Campton "super glued to No. 2" and Sergeant playing "how far can I get my average down before I move on" ... destroyed Matt's season last year. At reserve he was doing a grand job ... so we then put him at 4 ... crazy idea.

Not enthused so far with our build other than Dan Bewley ... who despite Campton's improvement last year ... DB is already a better rider (using average as a differentiator) 

• Like 2

It looks like Workington fans need to keep an eye on the Redcar thread.