British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

Whose the last two then ?

i would love one to be Jorgensen because I truly believe he would improve his average by 2 points next season. He did have poor meetings but he gave 100% effort every heat.

just read Klints piece in the Speedway star saying the rider if signed will be number 1 and he has joked that he will have the number 1 race jacket within a month so obviously the rider has a higher average the 7.51.

Edited by GMM
  • Like 1

Yeh only 15,  but agreement has been reached with him and his family, he’ll formally sign in Feb. Didn’t quote Jenga properly, oops. 

Edited by comet49
.double word

cheers for that . only just read the official comets site now . 

hats off to laura and jacko for securing this deal with Kyle .

hang in there young un, yer gonna be massive !

• Like 1

Huge step up from the NL and no doubt he'll find it tough.

An absolute no brainer, though. Just 16, a local lad and had a fantastic debut season riding with the Colts.

Great news now if only craig cook could be persuaded where his bread and  butter comes from we could be winners . I wish him all the best in the grand prix its just the cost that will beat him .

On 22/12/2017 at 8:20 PM, magnus said:

Workington

1. Nicolai Klindt (7.51)

2. Ty Proctor (7.15)

3. T. Jorgensen (7.10)

4. Dan Bewley (5.80)

5. L. Lindgren (7.21)

6. Mason Campton (5.73)

7. Kyle Bickley (2.00)

Total: 26.19

Remaining: 16.31 = TOTAL 42.50

This i believe would be a hell of a side both home and away, once all the guys get dialed in.

Nicolai may not be a number one, but i wouldn't expect him to be once Ty and Thomas return for their second season at Derwent Park. The potential of keeping either Mason, Dan or Nicolia at reserve all season will bring home points both home and away.

*Please lets all be positive and look at the potential team and more importantly at least another season of speedway at Workington, instead of speculating what may have been said to who and what they may be thinking. 

I think three are three pretty huge risks in that side  only time will tell.

can you outline  the three that are risks ?

after suffering the fake speedway rider last season at worky , i cant see any risk in the 5 signed so far .

mason will be @ reserve to help the young un, hopefully .

Always good to have a young rider in your team, & watch them improve as the season progresses. Even better for Workington fans, because you have got 2 of the best prospects in the league. 

29 minutes ago, jenga said:

after suffering the fake speedway rider last season at worky , i cant see any risk in the 5 signed so far .

29 minutes ago, jenga said:

I  think Klindt  Lindgren and Proctor away from home are risky , , Jorgensen i really like really gutsy a nice bloke and a hell of a racer he could put a point plus on his  average you need to be good at home i think.

Looks like I will be a Comets fan in 2018! 

Big fan of Kyle. Huge step, but one he not only has to take, but will take in his stride. It will be tough, but, there is only one way to find out.

Best of luck young man.

jorjenson was not imspiring away from home , ty had a few mares and klink is either good or bad . his usual form . 

but look at any team , they all have failures in them . 

but  i am very happy with my team so far . tj would be very welcome back in my eyes .

cant see lindgren coming onto the scene as its a cost cutting  side that will be put together , as most teams are this year . ( no free flights to another country or free this and that ). if 

we want speedway to carry on, then so be it .

entertain your home fans and you will survive  . 

WELL APPY !

Edited by jenga
poor spellin .

1 minute ago, BobC said:

Looks like I will be a Comets fan in 2018! 

Big fan of Kyle. Huge step, but one he not only has to take, but will take in his stride. It will be tough, but, there is only one way to find out.

Best of luck young man.

The same Bob I hope Kyle does well we have Kyle, Brennan,Jenkins, Thomas,Kemp, Edwards Flint, Mcgurt, etc) to look forward to fingers crossed eh.!!!!!

pleased the news has been released about kyle

so the person who claims they have seen the contract and new for sure that kyle had allready signed must have a crystal ball that shines 2 months ahead

so wonder if they have also seen the conract for the new no1

i dont expect kyle to  be on the pace straight away but like last year i think hell develope slowely but steadily

I’m not sure this team is that great but I think having two local lads is a huge thing. I wonder if promoters realise how much people like seeing local hero’s being made? Fingers crossed both have smashing years, tbh there’s no reason they shouldn’t.