British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

1 hour ago, SCB said:

I’m not sure this team is that great but I think having two local lads is a huge thing. I wonder if promoters realise how much people like seeing local hero’s being made? Fingers crossed both have smashing years, tbh there’s no reason they shouldn’t.

its no seceret that comets over the last few years are running on a budget and being supported from the owners own pocket

on the grounds above the teams thats been built have been good in my opinion its only a few other behind the scean issues holding speedway back at workington

with the exception of klindt who im undiceded on ive no problem at all with the other 4 in fact im happy with them

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

its no seceret that comets over the last few years are running on a budget and being supported from the owners own pocket

on the grounds above the teams thats been built have been good in my opinion its only a few other behind the scean issues holding speedway back at workington

with the exception of klindt who im undiceded on ive no problem at all with the other 4 in fact im happy with them

Sadly I don't think Klindt is the answer. He'll score 6 in the Premiership, 6 in the Championship and 6 in the NL. Basically he gates 50% of the time and is gone but misses it 50% of the time and can't pass wind. I've never rated him even when everyone had him down as a future GP rider. Nothing about him at all. Dull to watch and frustrating too. I've also made no secret of the fact I don't think much of Mason Campton. Bewley on the other hand, WOW! The kid just amazes me every time I see him, I love watching him race and young Kyle I was dubious about, 12 months ago I said to friends something along the lines of, "I've never seen him pass anyone. He's so good at U15 level out the start it's just too easy and that may be the worst thing thats ever happened to him as he'll bottle it when he has to mix it on the first bend now" well you know what? I was totally wrong from the videos I've seen of him in the NL, he CAN gate but when he doesn't he mixes it. I honestly think Comets fans will be spoilt watching these two get better and better each week. I know how much I loved watching Andrew Appleton and Chris Neath at Newport in 2000/2001 get better all the time - it's nice to win but it's more of a buzz seeing that lad you remember as a junior/second halfer/unknown/kid on the terraces racking up them points.

I honestly hope Workington have a great season because when it comes to passionate supporters, over the years I've not met many more passionate than the Workington lot. I spent a fair bit of time up there during the 2005 season and I loved it. It would be a crying shame to see all that passion fizzle out and a club close down.

i agree with most you say

andrew appleton was a big loss to the sport

chris neath well good rider on the tracks he went well on but awfull on some away tracks

i was told by someone with strong rider links that klindt was recomended last year and i was very pleased he wasnt inclueded 

ill still reserve judgement for 2018 but its not a signing id have wanted before hand

Mason had a good end of season and showed that when he gates he’s not easy to pass, I’m confident his average won’t be getting worse. He was scoring more points away too.

It will be a bonus for Comets fans watching youngsters like Bewley and Bickley making their way in the sport.Not enough young riders in Championship these days.IMO.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SCB said:

Sadly I don't think Klindt is the answer. He'll score 6 in the Premiership, 6 in the Championship and 6 in the NL. Basically he gates 50% of the time and is gone but misses it 50% of the time and can't pass wind. I've never rated him even when everyone had him down as a future GP rider. Nothing about him at all. Dull to watch and frustrating too. I've also made no secret of the fact I don't think much of Mason Campton. Bewley on the other hand, WOW! The kid just amazes me every time I see him, I love watching him race and young Kyle I was dubious about, 12 months ago I said to friends something along the lines of, "I've never seen him pass anyone. He's so good at U15 level out the start it's just too easy and that may be the worst thing thats ever happened to him as he'll bottle it when he has to mix it on the first bend now" well you know what? I was totally wrong from the videos I've seen of him in the NL, he CAN gate but when he doesn't he mixes it. I honestly think Comets fans will be spoilt watching these two get better and better each week. I know how much I loved watching Andrew Appleton and Chris Neath at Newport in 2000/2001 get better all the time - it's nice to win but it's more of a buzz seeing that lad you remember as a junior/second halfer/unknown/kid on the terraces racking up them points.

I honestly hope Workington have a great season because when it comes to passionate supporters, over the years I've not met many more passionate than the Workington lot. I spent a fair bit of time up there during the 2005 season and I loved it. It would be a crying shame to see all that passion fizzle out and a club close down.

pessimist.

With young Bewley and Bickley in the side the Worky fans have alot to look forward to in the season ahead.Bewley he really has impressed me he has a real racing brain and i will be amazed if he does not put 1.5/2 points on his average this year.Bickley it will be tough but he is dedicated has good aquipment has a great team(dad) etc) and he will be fine for me the main thing for Kyle is to enjoy his racing the rest will follow.I hope this trend will follow now in the Championship young Brits getting a prolonged run at this level it was great last year to see the likes of Hume, Mountain, Bowtell, Wood really make progress as a supporter i really like to see young riders make it up the ladder.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

With young Bewley and Bickley in the side the Worky fans have alot to look forward to in the season ahead.Bewley he really has impressed me he has a real racing brain and i will be amazed if he does not put 1.5/2 points on his average this year.Bickley it will be tough but he is dedicated has good aquipment has a great team(dad) etc) and he will be fine for me the main thing for Kyle is to enjoy his racing the rest will follow.I hope this trend will follow now in the Championship young Brits getting a prolonged run at this level it was great last year to see the likes of Hume, Mountain, Bowtell, Wood really make progress as a supporter i really like to see young riders make it up the ladder.

Yeah and Ellis Perks, most improved rider of the year is now froze out of riding in this country because his average is deemed too high in all 3 leagues, you can’t implement a rule to bring in young brits then take that rule away the following year, as those young riders that had the chance get over looked for foreigners, Ellis lost his place at Redcar for an unknown Aussie on the same average, what happened to backing the brits? Hopefully Bickley does well as like it’s been said he has good backing and his career is going up but he may find it hard going up against some teams with 4/5 pointers at number 7, just hope it doesn’t knock his confidence 

11 hours ago, SCB said:

Having witnessed Klindt as team captain of the Leicester Lions, I'd suggest you have a good signing. If nothing else, he's a team player and will pass on a huge amount of experience to the 2-youngsters, but he should score well for the Comets home & away.

6 hours ago, BenR195 said:

Yeah and Ellis Perks, most improved rider of the year is now froze out of riding in this country because his average is deemed too high in all 3 leagues, you can’t implement a rule to bring in young brits then take that rule away the following year, as those young riders that had the chance get over looked for foreigners, Ellis lost his place at Redcar for an unknown Aussie on the same average, what happened to backing the brits? Hopefully Bickley does well as like it’s been said he has good backing and his career is going up but he may find it hard going up against some teams with 4/5 pointers at number 7, just hope it doesn’t knock his confidence 

Totally agree about Ellis Perks it is criminal that he has been frozen out skanked at Rye House last year  these rules need changing.Going back to Bewley he will love Derwent Park being a home venue a big season for him i would love him to make the British  Final.

Edited by Sidney the robin

nice to see rob shutleworth signing for stoke

hope he gets some confidence back and progresses in time to another attempt in this league

On 29/12/2017 at 9:49 AM, SpeedwayNeutral said:

Can fit between a 5 - 5.5 rider with an approx 9.00 rider in for no.1

It will be more a split with the 14.31 we have left rather a No.1 ,