British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

No evidence of that for many years. The arbitration fees that I know about were just about spot on current values.

but thats the thing its all opinions

1 garage values a car at £3000 trade in another values it at £4000 trade in

its the same with footballers and speedway riders there worth what people are willing to pay

if a team dosnt want to sell for that price then they shouldnt be forced to and a loan fee should be paid

but also kyle is unlikely to ever return to workington so why shouldnt they get a full transfer fee at a sencible price

and as ive said kyle is probably at his best form ever so price should reflect that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scaramanga said:

but thats the thing its all opinions

1 garage values a car at £3000 trade in another values it at £4000 trade in

its the same with footballers and speedway riders there worth what people are willing to pay

if a team dosnt want to sell for that price then they shouldnt be forced to and a loan fee should be paid

but also kyle is unlikely to ever return to workington so why shouldnt they get a full transfer fee at a sencible price

and as ive said kyle is probably at his best form ever so price should reflect that

And that is the main factor, as the comparison against a trade in isn't relevant to a speedway transfer. A rider has a value regardless of anything else, and is set and agreed by an appointed committee.  

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Given the general financial position of speedway at present and the further instability the likelyhood of no TV money adds then I would think transfer values are at rock bottom right now

since when has our league got anything from the tv deals ?

as we wernt wanted on tv as it would show what a poor product the socalled topleague is  id be very surprised if any of the championship teams got anything direct from that sponsership

so shouldnt affect a transfer fee between 2 championship clubs

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

And that is the main factor, as the comparison against a trade in isn't relevant to a speedway transfer. A rider has a value regardless of anything else, and is set and agreed by an appointed committee.  

the point im making is the fee should be agreed between the 2 clubs involved if no agreement can be made then no sale

if i was selling my car i would agree the fee with the person buying it like it or not 

take it or leave it

we wouldnt got to a person in the next town and ask them to set a price

4 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

since when has our league got anything from the tv deals ?

as we wernt wanted on tv as it would show what a poor product the socalled topleague is  id be very surprised if any of the championship teams got anything direct from that sponsership

so shouldnt affect a transfer fee between 2 championship clubs

Market forces - generally fees would be higher where top tier clubs had extra income from TV money

This would circulate to all levels

Without it transfer values at all levels will fall

you selling your 911 scaramanga . looking for a CHEAP  runabout to go shopping in .

i will ask the lass  next door how much its worth .lol.

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Market forces - generally fees would be higher where top tier clubs had extra income from TV money

This would circulate to all levels

Without it transfer values at all levels will fall

i wonder how much my sand castle is worth now then .

21 minutes ago, jenga said:

i wonder how much my sand castle is worth now then .

Priceless

In fairness I think we have a really solid team. With Mason starting as a reserve it could prove to be a master stroke especially with Bewley being the next rider up the pecking order if they were to swap places at some point we would still have a strong reserve which is something we have lacked for a few seasons. I think Rene being number one is something he will want to keep hold of. If rasmus rides at two it will be a strong pairing. Also I think putting Ty and Dan together would be another good pairing leaving Klint with number 5 linking up with the reserves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jenga said:

you selling your 911 scaramanga . looking for a CHEAP  runabout to go shopping in .

i will ask the lass  next door how much its worth .lol.

im keeping the 911

but thinking of selling the ducati and the m3

48 minutes ago, Speedway4ever said:

Let's just give them a chance and support them. Looking forward to this season. Up the Comets

dont understand this post as not really seen any negative posts about the team appart from most are a bit dubious regarding klindt

the team the management have put out has to be way above what most feared when we only just survived as a club

im 1 off the biggest knockers of some of our promotrion but i cant really fault the team building they just need to keep up the good work through the season

dont turn on the fans and hold there hands up and try and correct any mistakes they make

if a rider isnt doing there job give them a little time and let them know they need to improve and if they dont well they need to go

if they know there not safe they will try to find a solution and improve

Looks like a competitive, solid team to me with obvious potential to improve. Mason at reserve should strengthen that area of the team and he should take the pressure off young Kyle and give him time to get up to speed. I always liked Rene as a racer and just hope he can be a little more consistent away from home. Others obviously have different opinions and maybe have 'inside information' but I always thought Rene was a good captain and looked out for the other members of the team. It's good to have Ty back, as he was our team towards the end of the season - he could easily have sulked and asked himself why he was bothering, but he didn't and continued to give his all. Dan is obviously a no brainer, and I can't wait to see him ride each week. It is also good to see Rasmus back, as he showed enough last time round to indicate that he will entertain and I can see him possibly teaming up with Rene. Klindt is one I am not too familiar with and people's comments to date are pretty mixed with some stating he is a gater only. Whilst I am not a fan of gaters who give up when not away first, I think it is always an advantage to have at least one in the team who you can rely on to be quick out of the traps when it really matters.

So many thanks to Laura and co. for putting this team together, but mainly for ensuring we have speedway again in 2018.

All it needs now is for an injury free season, and for people to get themselves to DP as often and as enthusiastically as they can.

• Like 1

Looks a team of second strings... whos winning races?? Think Bewley will end up as number 1 by the end of the year 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Looks a team of second strings... whos winning races?? Think Bewley will end up as number 1 by the end of the year 

What a load of rubbish 

• Like 1