British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

On 14/12/2017 at 12:55 PM, Taylorj said:

One rider from last year isn't returning due to work commitments which could be either Ty or Matt...if we go with Ty and Kyle Bickley that will leave 14.31 for last two riders.. matt finished on 4.85 leaves over 9pts for the final rider and aint no-one out there with that average !! Surely we will be looking to use up as many points as we can and getting 2 riders to make up the 14.31 pushing Mason to start at reserve ...the guessing gets interesting now

looks like you got it wrong about the rider that couldnt comit due to work comitments then as its now turned out to be rene bach

as others said at the time it was never said the rider was in last years team just a previous rider

most new ty was probably back and matt had said himself workington had never been intouch

Edited by scaramanga

read more tomorrow on this great team . 

10 hours ago, madsteve said:

What a load of rubbish 

Whys that then?? Who in there consistently wins races? All 6/7pt men... compare it to every other team named and it looks poor (apart from Berwick) 

16 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Whys that then?? Who in there consistently wins races? All 6/7pt men... compare it to every other team named and it looks poor (apart from Berwick) 

Cant wait to prove u wrong 

• Like 2

Can see a lot of close scores at home..Maybe losing out a few times in the last few heats.   With jump starts being allowed..that will help back and klindt.

ypu missed out the pro jumper we had from las year . so jumps starts are allowed now , are they . who is this back bloke ?lol......  almost forgot about palm tree as well /

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

whats the speedway like in York ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, madsteve said:

In fairness I think we have a really solid team. With Mason starting as a reserve it could prove to be a master stroke especially with Bewley being the next rider up the pecking order if they were to swap places at some point we would still have a strong reserve which is something we have lacked for a few seasons. I think Rene being number one is something he will want to keep hold of. If rasmus rides at two it will be a strong pairing. Also I think putting Ty and Dan together would be another good pairing leaving Klint with number 5 linking up with the reserves.

Interesting riding order - I’m not a worky fan so haven’t seen them all around your track but looking at the lineup not at all how I’d put them together!

I’d go with proctor at 5 think he’d win more races than klindt there - some good no.5’s in the league that know beating klindt at the tapes is likely all they need to do proctor a bit more of a racer and also a decent starter!

therefore I’d put klindt+rasser at 3/4 so you’ve got the Danes together and a gater + a racer in the engine room, putting Bewley at 2 which would also mean in campton increases he’s can slide straight into no.2!! 

If Rene can get back to how he was a few years back when he and kenni Larsen tore the league apart at Newcastle then could be dark horses! I see improvement in rasser bewley and bickley - but if he can’t I don’t see improvement in klindt or much in proctor so could leave you short in hts 13/15 - all that said and entertaining looking side and great to see young brits in local teams

On 30/12/2017 at 11:45 AM, jenga said:

It's already been on that Hull won the league won the league without an out and out number one but with a solid team,  i think the following season they had no stadium.  Some teams now have effectively two number ones though, it's gonna be interesting, roll on March.

Edited by comet49

Whilst we appear to have a solid looking team I can see what you mean about us possibly struggling in heats 13 and 15 against some of the teams who will have one, two even three big hitters in their line up. It should however provide some close meetings and hopefully some great entertainment at DP this year.

A solid 1-7 v top heavy, who wins?

Roll on March. 

1 hour ago, jenga said:

ypu missed out the pro jumper we had from las year . so jumps starts are allowed now , are they . who is this back bloke ?lol......  almost forgot about palm tree as well /

We call him Back...cos that's where he will be spending most of his time...at the back

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

We call him Back...cos that's where he will be spending most of his time...at the back

didnt he go to ippo one season with workington and get a 15 point max , or am i dreaming that up ?

2 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Interesting riding order - I’m not a worky fan so haven’t seen them all around your track but looking at the lineup not at all how I’d put them together!

I’d go with proctor at 5 think he’d win more races than klindt there - some good no.5’s in the league that know beating klindt at the tapes is likely all they need to do proctor a bit more of a racer and also a decent starter!

therefore I’d put klindt+rasser at 3/4 so you’ve got the Danes together and a gater + a racer in the engine room, putting Bewley at 2 which would also mean in campton increases he’s can slide straight into no.2!! 

If Rene can get back to how he was a few years back when he and kenni Larsen tore the league apart at Newcastle then could be dark horses! I see improvement in rasser bewley and bickley - but if he can’t I don’t see improvement in klindt or much in proctor so could leave you short in hts 13/15 - all that said and entertaining looking side and great to see young brits in local teams

LOL . what makes you think that is Workingtons riding order ? only 1,6 and 7 are correct .

klink could be @ 2 or  even reserve @ one time !

the person who put this on the team 2018 line up,s is not the person who will be deciding the line up .

Edited by jenga