British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

But he also lost to Rory twice and Danny twice and newman once.

Edited by Baldyman
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I'm not a Workington supporter but I think that's good team, simply because it has a huge amount of potential.

Klindt aside, the whole of that Workington team  can improve their averages, with Bickley, Bewley & Proctor looking most likely.

By the way, Proctor beat both King & Schlein at Derwent Park last season.

Thats a fair enough comment and im a big fan of Bewley and Bickey but original point was i dont see who in that teams wins races often enough? It would be a surprise if any of this team averaged over 8 at the end of the season..of course its all ifs buts and maybe as every team is at this stage

so now you have fallen for it hook , line and sinker. 

how about putting the £100.00 bet on with the original poster , but not picking belle vue . for obvious reasons .

pick a championship side , you have the choice of ten !

something tells me you wont .

a good few teams have won leagues without having a rider averaging over eight .

Edited by jenga

39 minutes ago, jenga said:

so now you have fallen for it hook , line and sinker. 

how about putting the £100.00 bet on with the original poster , but not picking belle vue . for obvious reasons .

pick a championship side , you have the choice of ten !

something tells me you wont .

a good few teams have won leagues without having a rider averaging over eight .

Not the original bet though was it (never have or will bet by the way).. i understand that deep down you know its a poor team so are acting out in defence so ill leave you to it. 

Last year I predicted bottom four placing, this year I will say fifth or sixth, but who knows there is potential there to be in the top four....after that it’s all up in the air.

so looks like dan Bewley will be poor as well for belle view then , also young bBckley  Cook was poor last season as well !

i support speedway, good or bad .  

you are just trying to cause a stir , when there is nothing to stir . 

now off to Mcdonalds for some chips, i have had the nuggets already .

Edited by jenga

6 hours ago, Baldyman said:

But he also lost to Rory twice and Danny twice and newman once.

Indeed he did, and many others besides.

The point being made was that in a race that he was unlikely to beat Schlein or King, yet he did it.

5 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Thats a fair enough comment and im a big fan of Bewley and Bickey but original point was i dont see who in that teams wins races often enough? It would be a surprise if any of this team averaged over 8 at the end of the season..of course its all ifs buts and maybe as every team is at this stage

What you're looking at is last (or previous) seasons performances. 

To me, building a side is all about potential and that Workington team has a lot. Even Klindt, on his day, can beat anyone. 

Besides which,  having seen him attack the NSS track I can't wait to see Bewley on those big bends.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

3 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Indeed he did, and many others besides.

The point being made was that in a race that he was unlikely to beat Schlein or King, yet he did it.

What you're looking at is last (or previous) seasons performances. 

To me, building a side is all about potential and that Workington team has a lot. Even Klindt, on his day, can beat anyone. 

Besides which,  having seen him attack the NSS track I can't wait to see Bewley on those big bends.

Thats all anyone can do... how are you judging there a team of great potential? Based on previous performance.. i dont see a team of great potential i see one rider with great potential.. one rider who its probably to soon for but will hopefully be a future star.. then 5 riders who will be great on occassion and awful at others abd when it really comes to crunch heats they might pop out and win but would you actually fancy them to   

Edited by phillipsr

5 hours ago, jenga said:

so looks like dan Bewley will be poor as well for belle view then , also young bBckley  Cook was poor last season as well !

i support speedway, good or bad .  

you are just trying to cause a stir , when there is nothing to stir . 

now off to Mcdonalds for some chips, i have had the nuggets already .

I genuinely wasn't i was stating my opinion but seems Worky fans cant handle that  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phillipsr said:

I genuinely wasn't i was stating my opinion but seems Worky fans cant handle that  

I’m sure we can and personally I always find it interesting to read assessments by other teams’ fans. We can all get a bit gung-ho when rating our own outfit simply because we want them to do well.

But if you’re going to voice an opinion that a team will struggle in heats 13 and 15, illustrating the point by naming two riders but omitting the guy who will actually start the season at No.1, you should probably anticipate a certain amount of scoffing in reply.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fourentee said:

I’m sure we can and personally I always find it interesting to read assessments by other teams’ fans. We can all get a bit gung-ho when rating our own outfit simply because we want them to do well.

But if you’re going to voice an opinion that a team will struggle in heats 13 and 15, illustrating the point by naming two riders but omitting the guy who will actually start the season at No.1, you should probably anticipate a certain amount of scoffing in reply.

and ht 15 is your 2 best on the night 

so how on earth does anyone know who' going to be in by 15   

25 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

and ht 15 is your 2 best on the night 

so how on earth does anyone know who' going to be in by 15   

The two best riders on the night are quite often the two best riders overall.  So speculating that is not impossible, it is after all speculation.

Edited by Col

14 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Thats all anyone can do... how are you judging there a team of great potential? Based on previous performance.. i dont see a team of great potential i see one rider with great potential.. one rider who its probably to soon for but will hopefully be a future star.. then 5 riders who will be great on occassion and awful at others abd when it really comes to crunch heats they might pop out and win but would you actually fancy them to   

The trick in beating the points limit is getting a team of riders who can improve their averages. With the possible exception of Klindt, I can see the entire Workington team doing that.

Having seen him ride many times last season and knowing just how good he is I suspect the biggest improvement will come from Bickley.

• Like 2

so it looks like (according to (philthepill) you only have to do well in heats 13 and 15 and the jobs done . i does no matter that there are another 12 heats of entertainment BEFORE we got to the crunch heats . 

plus we will have another number 1 in heat 13 and not the given of the same riders in the final heat .

yes Rene Bach IS Workingtons number . Klindt prob @ 2 ..  . 

Edited by jenga
i like retyping stuff !