British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

34 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Not sure I've ever seen kyle race...so is he a gater? Dirt chaser?  white liner?  Or a mixture?

In time he will be the package the lad is a natural ,laid back style on a  bike given time i think he will be one hell of rider .

4 hours ago, scaramanga said:

and ht 15 is your 2 best on the night 

so how on earth does anyone know who' going to be in by 15   

Sure. And I appreciate this year’s team has been built for depth, and potentially would have a wider spread of candidates for heat 15. But the No.1, by definition, should certainly have more chance than most.

its speedway , nothing is as it should be .

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Not sure I've ever seen kyle race...so is he a gater? Dirt chaser?  white liner?  Or a mixture?

you need to ask the fans of belle vue . 

what we seen , when we have seen kyle racing has been domination of other riders . but there is a different class of rider in the championship .

my guess is that he will be okay , if not great . 

good people behind him and his eager family . win, win ,situation . 

one thing for sure . if this team does not get you going . YER  DEED  .! ! !

tha marras are coming to town , be part of it ........

Only saw a few Colts meetings last year but the Bickley really impressed me towards the end of the season, I thought he looked a better talent than Jack Smith. Has a really smooth style, always looks in control. It will be interesting to see how he gets on in the Championship but he certainly has talent.

Dan is pretty much the exact opposite, with an all action style but sometimes pushes a little too hard. Was way past NL level last year, most meetings last year were spent trying to break his own NL NSS track record. Best of luck to Workington in 2018!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

It's fair to say he has been a full throttle merchant in the same manner as Joss Auty and Nick Morris. In the last couple of years, he has started to use his brain instead of his wrist, and the benefits are shown in his averages and probably a lot less big crashes. Like Nick Morris, he has also managed to get around the tight bends at Brough, and is now a more mature and safe rider. Nice lad as well.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Aces High said:

Only saw a few Colts meetings last year but the Bickley really impressed me towards the end of the season, I thought he looked a better talent than Jack Smith. Has a really smooth style, always looks in control. It will be interesting to see how he gets on in the Championship but he certainly has talent.

Dan is pretty much the exact opposite, with an all action style but sometimes pushes a little too hard. Was way past NL level last year, most meetings last year were spent trying to break his own NL NSS track record. Best of luck to Workington in 2018!

Dan Bewley “all action”? I’ve only seen him on TV but he looked like a small, smooth Leigh Adams, rather than an erratic young Jason Doyle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Dan Bewley “all action”? I’ve only seen him on TV but he looked like a small, smooth Leigh Adams, rather than an erratic young Jason Doyle.

Aces High is about bang on. Bickley is very smooth - looks like he's riding an armchair. Bewley looks less controlled, more bull in a china shop. 

Witnessed Bewley ride twice at workington for Glasgow last season looked smooth and fast and not afraid to pass! Unbelievable how much he has progressed from two years ago as a reserve for Edinburgh. Also seen Bickley have a spin after meetings at derwent Park and I know he was only by himself but again looked very smooth and did not look slow! Both are major talents! 

Edited by John7

I’ve only seen Bewley at Monmore and while he was both fast and trying different lines, I don’t recognise the bull in a china shop description. He always looked completely in control of what he was doing — very impressive.

• Like 2

some nice words from fans for two up and coming young  CUMBRIAN  (British)  lads who deserve to go to the highest point posable in their chosen sport .

Derwent park is going to be a special place  in 2018 . 

entertainment , you bet .

Edited by jenga

10 minutes ago, jenga said:

some nice words from fans for two up and coming young British lads who deserve to go to the highest point posable in their chosen sport .

Derwent park is going to be a special place  in 2018 . 

entertainment , you bet .

come on jenga get it right

its not often we get to say young CUMBRIANS when talking about something up and coming