British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

edited for your enjoyment , Scaramanga .

Edited by jenga

From what I've seen of Kyle Bickley ride, he looks very much in control, and has the style of a certain Carl Stonehewer. With the fantastic backing and people he has around him, I'm sure he will go far in the sport.

36 minutes ago, Marksman said:

From what I've seen of Kyle Bickley ride, he looks very much in control, and has the style of a certain Carl Stonehewer. With the fantastic backing and people he has around him, I'm sure he will go far in the sport.

There is a nice block of talent coming out of the Youth Development under Neil Vatcher, Kyle being one, Leon Flint coming up behind him then  the 2 McGurk brothers just to name a few.  My worry is if they get into the wrong clubs and are not nurtured

Edited by balderdash&piffle
spelling

On 28/12/2017 at 6:20 PM, jenga said:

I think very young riders should not be fully contracted to any one club these days  they should be allowed to change clubs every year that is if they want to, so they can learn to ride all different tracks rather being stuck at the one club  they could sign a one year contract with that club then can go where they want next year 

Edited by mac101

26 minutes ago, mac101 said:

I think very young riders should not be fully contracted to any one club these days  they should be allowed to change clubs every year that is if they want to, so they can learn to ride all different tracks rather being stuck at the one club  they could sign a one year contract with that club then can go where they want next year 

that' great idea 

clubs sign young rider spend loads of time giving him advise and money to build up his skills and equipment then once he' proved if he' any ood or not the big clubs can get him year after for bargan price 

2 hours ago, scaramanga said:

that' great idea 

clubs sign young rider spend loads of time giving him advise and money to build up his skills and equipment then once he' proved if he' any ood or not the big clubs can get him year after for bargan price 

Agreed. mac101 misses the point that a young rider, riding for his own caring club, gets opportunities within the fixtures to ride on the many different shaped and length of away tracks as well as his own. That also follows for the junior leagues such as the Northern Junior League (NJL) with teams like Glasgow, Berwick, Newcastle, Redcar, Workington and Scunthorpe. 

Edited by Tsunami

i hope we are keeping last seasons bib design . 

1 minute ago, jenga said:

i hope we are keeping last seasons bib design . 

Caught the Farleys well did it? :P

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

its just cheaper if we don' need new ones   

lol 

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

its just cheaper if we don' need new ones   

lol 

I think they would have new ones anyway, probably the same design.

13 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

you speaking from experience then ? i can also recommend the two handled drinks cup with the lid !  L.O.L.

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

you speaking from experience then ? i can also recommend the two handled drinks cup with the lid !  L.O.L.

Being a Witches fan Im not familiar with the concept - what are these strange things you call 'cups' ? :D

• Haha 1

Piece about Kyle Bickley in the Star in the Workington column but obviously old news as it says the Comets still have two places to fill!

the good ole star , never fails to provide up to date news . 

thats why they cant sell papers !