British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

Mason was named as vice captain i believe at the start of last season.. remember last year was Tys 1st one back after a spell out... so maybe it was to give him the chance to bed in with no pressure.. which he did and has reaped the rewards this year by being named captain and rightly so!

• Like 1

Heard on the grapevine that Anthony Denham no longer doing the track prep at Workington due to the number of Friday night fixtures and been unable to take the necessary time off work.

Will be a sad miss if this is the case, we've had some good consistent tracks the last few seasons.

On 05/02/2018 at 8:05 AM, cometbaz said:

Heard on the grapevine that Anthony Denham no longer doing the track prep at Workington due to the number of Friday night fixtures and been unable to take the necessary time off work.

Will be a sad miss if this is the case, we've had some good consistent tracks the last few seasons.

On the same grapevine, the guy who drives the tractor grading the track has alledgedly said he won't be back this season.

We're gonna be in a pretty pickle now.

ive heard similar tales

not 100% the same but there is a possibility anthony cant do the track due to the amount of fridays

anthony has told a close friend of mine something

lets just see what happens

this is what happens when plans are made without talking to all involved

not really having a go at anyone at workington speedway by that just a general comment and more to do with my own work place than workington speedway

thats very old news  , like yonks ago .

something will have been sort for this season  . dont panic . mr Jones ..

Good luck to steve lawson on taking over the track duties,hope it dont mean we have lost thomas armstrongs as sponsors .

• Like 3

hats off to Anthony and his team for the last 10 yrs . his tractor skills will be missed .a loyal and reliable track team .  

welcome to S!teveie lawson .   . big boots to fill there kidda ! but  your the guy to wear the boots .

• Like 2

Yeah, cheers Anthony, all the best. Think Steve will be fine, might give a new meaning to tractor racing, can’t see him beating his best time round DP though..... Good luck Marra.

Good luck to steve lawson on taking over the track duties,hope it dont mean we have lost thomas armstrongs as sponsor

Anyone going to an evening with kyle on sat night awful quiet on here and in local press about it!

Some of you may know that Hoggy gives me a lift to home meetings and I have just been speaking to him about his involvement in 2018, because due to business commitments I know that  Friday nights could be difficult.

He has said that the promotion want him to continue with Saturdays and he is making every effort to come for at least some Fridays.

I'll admit I am biased (and my lifts might be affected if I say otherwise :D) but I think he is a top quality presenter, so this has to be good news and a reflection on the promotions efforts to retain their existing supporter base and attract new ones during 2018.

A big part of Dave's motivation for trying to sort out Fridays is his genuine affection for the hospitality and kindness of the people of Workington, something he has mentioned to me many times. 

I did have a couple of trips to Dodge City pencilled in but it looks likely that that will be increased at least a bit :approve:

• Like 3

hoggy is prob one of the best , if not THE best presenters in speedway . i think he has a bigger fan base than some of the riders !

its been enjoyable listening to him for the last few years and i hope he has enjoyed the cumbrian craic . 

i hope he can continue with his banter and wit @workington for years to come . 

the same must be said for all those people who give up their spare time to help run the club and meeting .

me, i am looking forward to the end of march to enjoy the delights of what looks like a good team (with a few! locals scoped in  ! )hope you can do a few HOME meetings in 2018 tiger . 

but that hoggy guy . LEG END or whot ?

• Like 2