British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

MCdonalds yes .K.F.C.  no.   ... no one goes to KFC  ., undercooked food. wonder where their staff  went to ?

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Well, it was cold, very cold, Though the riders got on with it, well done to them, Nice to have Hoggy back too. some good racing. There were 2/3 excellent races. nice to see that. the track was smooth and made for racing,  I endured the cold and enjoyed the racing,

My only reservation was the white noise they played at the end of each race !! Now I know they are trying to attract younger fans, surely not at the risk of losing all the older ones. Or was Rentokil trying to force the rodents out of the Stadium, I might have to join the youngsters n bring my own ear defenders or iPod thingy.

Mason doesn't need to pretend he has bike problems when he gets it wrong, we are all human after all, just learn from the small errors. you know it makes sense.

Well done to all

1 hour ago, shazza13 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news if u like Lord Lucan but £2.50 will be the programme price this season... it was announced at meet the riders thatJacko wanted to bring back a proper programme this season..24 colour pages. Unfortunately the price is determined by printing costs.  

I have also informed Steve of my disappointment in the catering facility on the grandstand side... a little girl behind me was totally ignored and several others served before her until I noticed her standing trying to get attention... they had also ran out of tomato sauce.. shock horror. Oh and the height of the canopy is not adequate for taller people it will have someones eye out if they are not paying full attention!! Its very dangerous!!! Oh and i waited ages for  a very poor excuse for burger chips and a hot chocolate like dishwater not only that but serving 'hot'drinks in cups with no lid is a danger too when walking past children running around and passing people in the grandstand as well as trying to carry food. Whinge over.

id just like to say its nice and honest from you to join in

rather than defend the promotion 

we know how you dislike the negativity regarding speedway but it needs sorted if we are to survive

not just the food but everything

Oh dear, on local news programme.  “Workington Comets rider Charles Wright came second in the Cumberland  Open”.....

Edited by comet49
Error
  • Haha 2

LOL . its not even called the Cumbria open either . 

i wonder which numbskull fed them that muck . Whitehead by any chance ?

5 hours ago, jenga said:

if we dont see someone getting their stomach pumped , we will buy food .see if you can get it announced on the P.A. that you have survived the man v food thing .

GAZC is my mate going to be there or has he been sacked ?

We will be down Saturday tee-total for me as I will be the driver on the night , however it means I can have a bevy the following week on the trip to Berwick. 

52 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

id just like to say its nice and honest from you to join in

rather than defend the promotion 

we know how you dislike the negativity regarding speedway but it needs sorted if we are to survive

not just the food but everything

I will defend where required and I will be honest when I have to be... being a member of the Workington Speedway Trust.. I know what it is taking to keep speedway running... not just in Workington... 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

We will be down Saturday tee-total for me as I will be the driver on the night , however it means I can have a bevy the following week on the trip to Berwick. 

thats good to know . get a few hundred more in tow . food should be okay as they are cooking it as i type .

Just now, jenga said:

thats good to know . get a few hundred more in tow . food should be okay as they are cooking it as i type .

There will be a large travelling support both weeks that is a given.

• Like 1

reason i posted shaz

is that you have defended before when really it was obvious things wernt right

but like you i really would love all speedway not just workington to gain a new lease of life

13 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

reason i posted shaz

is that you have defended before when really it was obvious things wernt right

but like you i really would love all speedway not just workington to gain a new lease of life

I know where I've defended and I can get frustrated and annoyed too not just with Workington but speedway as a whole... If people have issues then the best way to deal with them IMO is to speak to the people themselves like I did on Saturday night to Steve... rather than rant on a forum.. just my opinion... which everyone is allowed. :)

It’s actually refreshing for some of the stalwarts openly posting their personal disappointment.

The trouble is, I feel it is too little too late, people have been voting with their feets. Supporters clubs/trusts should also be there to voice the issues and concerns of the general supporter too. unfortunately that never seems to come across  and we are deemed as only being negative towards the club. Hopefully with you taking up your disappointment with the promotion then it will be addressed, those closer to any club will have more clout when issues are raised.

When the die hard supporters start posting their disappointment on an open forum,  just think what the general supporters are saying to family, friends and work colleagues etc etc.

steve whitehead wont speak to all

he wont answer phone he wont answer emails

i could quote facts about mr whitehead but it will affest others who are inocent

i could name a few whho have tried talking to mr whitehead

i do agree some things are better delt with off forums but its there own fault they have shut down some methords of comuniaction and ignore other methords

thats it from me before i slip up and posible release a few facts that others would like kept quiet