British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

1 hour ago, magnus said:

Just read on updates Kyle as come off at the IOW? Hope all ok....

All okay Magnus, Kyle won his next race 

• Thanks 1

todays meet @ Edinburgh is orff 

what happened to armadups own mini climate ?

On 4/4/2018 at 9:35 PM, jenga said:

Taylorj , can you tell me what the issues were on saturday night regarding the catering.? 

its just a simple question. was it power or something else that caused it or an unfortunate  mixture of things ? 

not looking for an argument , just closure of this matter . thanks .J

The burger van was new and completely out of his depth and will not be coming back.

The cafe is having power problems as the power over that side of the stadium is limited and we cant find a generator efficient enough to power the fryers. Other small issues were teething problems and have already been rectified.

Thanks however for broadcasting it at every single opportunity you have had as we are now hearing from other clubs how bad our food is.

You have given us a rotten reputation and probably succeeded in damaging not one but two of my businesses, not to mention costing speedway a few hundred pounds every week.

Thanks.

On 4/2/2018 at 8:22 PM, scaramanga said:

we all know you and others do try and help

we also know theres others who will try stir things up even when what there saying is obviously wrong and incorrect

its a shame this exciting sport is run by people who cant be talked too

and it seams its most or all tracks thats the same

Scaramanga if you would care to crawl out from under your stone then I will willingly talk to you. You cant hide beyond a screen name typing vitriolic comments then complain we cant be talked to.

Why cant you put your efforts into offering to help us or doing something constructive for the speedway as others do?

Edited by shady
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, shady said:

The burger van was new and completely out of his depth and will not be coming back.

The cafe is having power problems as the power over that side of the stadium is limited and we cant find a generator efficient enough to power the fryers. Other small issues were teething problems and have already been rectified.

Thanks however for broadcasting it at every single opportunity you have had as we are now hearing from other clubs how bad our food is.

You have given us a rotten reputation and probably succeeded in damaging not one but two of my businesses, not to mention costing speedway a few hundred pounds every week.

Thanks.

thank you for replying and putting us right . but its only what people expected . not enough juice going through the lines to power all the cafe stuff 

with regards broadcasting it to the outside world, if i didnt do it someone else would have done it .i am sure my comment on this will have a + to it in the coming weeks/months as more fans try the cafe out .but i didnt give you the reputation of serving rotten  food , the cafe earned that themselves !

regarding damaging 1/2 of of your businesses  , that is a real accusation to make  agains myself . 

so how much cash did my 1970,s fighting fund box make when it was auctioned or was it just binned? part of my family history and i gave it to you for the benefit of workington speedway . 

Edited by jenga

2 hours ago, shady said:

Scaramanga if you would care to crawl out from under your stone then I will willingly talk to you. You cant hide beyond a screen name typing vitriolic comments then complain we cant be talked to.

Why cant you put your efforts into offering to help us or doing something constructive for the speedway as others do?

we have spoke face to face 

as far as help I've done my bit in the past more than most who turn up on a Saturday night 

and pay my entry money every week 

dont blame fans complaining for damaging businesses 

get it right there's  nothing to complain about 

But blame the ones who get it wrong not the ones who complain about poor service 

we all want speedway to do well and be profitable 

that way the future is secure and potential there for investment 

if you cant find a generator big enough try speaking to a hire firm like a plant  or split the load on 2 different supplys 

if you need help ask the right people dont just guess 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

we have spoke face to face 

as far as help I've done my bit in the past more than most who turn up on a Saturday night 

and pay my entry money every week 

dont blame fans complaining for damaging businesses 

get it right there's  nothing to complain about 

But blame the ones who get it wrong not the ones who complain about poor service 

we all want speedway to do well and be profitable 

that way the future is secure and potential there for investment 

if you cant find a generator big enough try speaking to a hire firm like a plant  or split the load on 2 different supplys 

if you need help ask the right people dont just guess 

I DO blame fans when I have it on very good authority that a large proportion of supporters soon to visit are bringing sandwiches and flasks as a direct result of what has been posted on here!

1 hour ago, jenga said:

thank you for replying and putting us right . but its only what people expected . not enough juice going through the lines to power all the cafe stuff 

with regards broadcasting it to the outside world, if i didnt do it someone else would have done it .i am sure my comment on this will have a + to it in the coming weeks/months as more fans try the cafe out .

regarding damaging 1/2 of of tour businesses  , that is a real accusation to make  agains myself . 

so how much cash did my 1970,s fighting fund box make when it was auctioned or was it just binned? part of my family history and i gave it to you for the benefit of workington speedway . 

Fighting fund box. Jenga, I really have no idea what that is. I'm certainly not one for binning anything.

Regarding the businesses as I have just said to Scaramanga, your repeated comments on here have, unfortunately for Workington speedway, had a direct impact on other supporters who

are going to be boycotting our food outlets. Money which goes directly back to the speedway.

comments are a result of the poor service 

FANS are not to blame for the poor service 

this is doing no one any good 

learn from mistakes and correct them 

take onboard any comments made and if you feel you have a point to make in defense or even better apology 

post/say your piece BUT DONT BLAME the people passing there views over for destroying your buisness the people who made the errors are the ones to blame 

lets put it all to bed and try improve it rather than everyone fall out and damage the it even more than whats been done 

unless thats what your trying to do 

i hope speedway continues but i definatly dont expect you to carry on pumping all your own money in just to keep it going 

id like nothing more than to have the large crowd and atmosphere from years ago 

by all accounts the van on the pits end was back to being good again 

not heard any comments about the cafe on the back straight from saturday 

there was still a few walking round with drinks/food 

it would be nice if someone could pass a comment 

we have a 2 week break now so it gives time to look into getting something in place 

i used the cafe almost every meeting last year and even though the tea coffee wasnt top notch it wasnt as bad as the opening night and i never had reason to complain about the food last year not once 

so dont try blame me for things going wrong 

Edited by scaramanga

1 hour ago, shady said:

Fighting fund box. Jenga, I really have no idea what that is. I'm certainly not one for binning anything.

Regarding the businesses as I have just said to Scaramanga, your repeated comments on here have, unfortunately for Workington speedway, had a direct impact on other supporters who

are going to be boycotting our food outlets. Money which goes directly back to the speedway.

ask dan about the gift jenga made 

jenga like yourself has giving a awfull lot of his time and personal savings to try keep workington speedway going over the years

Edited by scaramanga

aye , ask dan . he is the one that i gave it to ! 

i suppose when/if workington speedway closes. it will have been all my fault . but hey , i dont mind being a scapegoat .. 

as scaramanga says . we support speedway in workington, we go EVERY week and when its rained off. we almost cry lol.

its better to have fans turning up week in , week out and not buying food than not turning up at all .

i suggest you get loads of kettles and at least you can sell tea/coffe and  buy  some sarnies . better off selling something than nothing .

remember gerald ratner saying. i sell sr4p . if the product is no good , it wont sell .

i am genuinely wishing a better outcome from this .

15 hours ago, scaramanga said:

ask dan about the gift jenga made 

jenga like yourself has giving a awfull lot of his time and personal savings to try keep workington speedway going over the years

14 hours ago, jenga said:

aye , ask dan . he is the one that i gave it to ! 

i suppose when/if workington speedway closes. it will have been all my fault . but hey , i dont mind being a scapegoat .. 

as scaramanga says . we support speedway in workington, we go EVERY week and when its rained off. we almost cry lol.

its better to have fans turning up week in , week out and not buying food than not turning up at all .

i suggest you get loads of kettles and at least you can sell tea/coffe and  buy  some sarnies . better off selling something than nothing .

remember gerald ratner saying. i sell sr4p . if the product is no good , it wont sell .

i am genuinely wishing a better outcome from this .

You to really don't get it do you !! you might have gave time and money over the years but Workington Speedway needs all the support now to keep us running. Teething problems the first week with food/café, but we went and spoke to Steve personally, not hide behind computer names and plaster it all over this Forum over and over and over you're still going on about it :rolleyes:

We go every week pay our entry money just as you do Scaramanga, oh and run the Workington Speedway Trust , sell programmes, 50/50 tickets, anything we can to help keep our Speedway unlike you that finds every opportunity to come on here and find faults, moan,criticise. You go on any thread on here and you won't find two people like you slagging their speedway/promotion off ...Give it up !!!!!!!:mad:

• Like 2

you don' get it 

jenga in his day done a lot more than most will ever know 

people talk about bidding behind keyboards  

it works both ways jenga and his family at 1 point were a important part of Workington speedway  and knows more than most about behind the scene running speedway 

running a 50/50 draw and supprters club are a important part 

But dont come close 

and as for keep going on        

the replys I'm making are defending my views at all the posts the likes of you and "shady"   are posting      you are as much to blame if not more for keeping this on going 

Edited by scaramanga

3 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

you don' get it 

jenga in his day done a lot more than most will ever know 

people talk about bidding behind keyboards  

it works both ways jenga and his family at 1 point were a important part of Workington speedway  and knows more than most about behind the scene running speedway 

running a 50/50 draw and supprters club are a important part 

But don' come close 

In his day ....at 1 point .... get a grip :rolleyes: , we not talking about years ago, we are talking about Workington Speedway we have today that's what matters and if you two keep carrying on we won't have it much longer

God this is oh so boring.cant we all just agree mistakes have been made and support the team and promotion in a positive way.

• Like 6