British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

42 minutes ago, bigbird said:

God this is oh so boring.cant we all just agree mistakes have been made and support the team and promotion in a positive way.

two people are not going to close it down . the people that will close it down are the people that dont go !

me , i done my bit  , rubbish loads of my time and my money . 

tj , its nice to see you dont complain about anything . price of fuel , bad beer and the price of food these days . 

still supporting workington speedway .

After a decent, speedily run and reasonably well attended (first) meeting on Saturday against the Monarchs, we are now faced with 3 weeks without any speedway.

In the present climate where minority sports are struggling to attract spectators we should be doing all we can to encourage more to attend and to maintain  the interest of those who do.These long gaps between meetings can only do the opposite.

The problems seem to be the same as we have in society generally it is greed and self interest, without seeing the big picture.

If a meeting is called off or needs rescheduling it should be done with the good of speedway and the speedway supporter in mind first and foremost.

Looking at Glasgow's fixtures it appears as if they could squeeze a meeting in against us within the next week or two, so why not try to get it on. So what if Bomber or whoever is unavailable - how many times have the Comets raced without a number 1. You never know the idea of helping each other out may catch on!!!!

Thought I would create a change of subject, one with no mention of food. Doh....I've mentioned food.

• Like 2

I'm with you on this one.3 weeks is far too long between meetings and hopefully if not Glasgow some team will fill one of the reserved dates to keep interest ticking over and give us something weather permitting some racing to watch.

it could be even longer if the next meeting is rained or cancelled . 5/6 weeks ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, comet49 said:

Any updates  on Mason's injury?

Assessment tomorrow. If it's then surgery, that would take place on Thursday.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'm with you on this one.3 weeks is far too long between meetings and hopefully if not Glasgow some team will fill one of the reserved dates to keep interest ticking over and give us something weather permitting some racing to watch.

Why not do what Edinburgh did and doing again this year and do a Nl Northern Cumbrian open invite decent Nl riders for this end of the country charge a tenner to get in  as these riders don't demand top money like top riders want they just want to race their bikes and you will get some decent  races 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fourentee said:

Assessment tomorrow. If it's then surgery, that would take place on Thursday.

Thank you Fourentee.

will ty,s paperwork been dropping through the letterbox ?   B)

Come on all you Workington Comets,  it's time to work together - not having digs at each other. You all want the same thing - a successful speedway team!

• Like 3

Ghosty, Shady, feeling frightened, hope I sleep, lol. Nathan Greaves has tweeted that he wants  CL team asap, just saying. 

• Like 1

Ty has received the necessary document to show that he Is eligible to race, joy at last. 

On Comets site. 

Edited by comet49
  • Like 1

Let's just hope our other favourite Aussie also has some good news today too and masons injury doesn't keep him out for very long.

Edited by bigbird
  • Like 1

3 comets out in action tonight and all had a good night 

kyle qualified for under 21's 

dan top scored for belle vue and ty proctor had a decent start to his 2018 season 

pitty theres no speedway at workingtonj Saturday when the boys will be full of confidence 

• Like 1