British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

9 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Tell who to go and multiply. Bspa or Glasgow Lots of posters suggest that the lack of fixtures is a joke, no one wants to come and race Workington, and we'll never get the shield finished. Glasgow seems to have agreed to come so why not run a match. I'm sure a guest would be allowed for any rider if they are racing in Poland or official fixture 

Pray please tell ...... why did Glasgow not want to come to Workington on the 21st. 

Owt to do with Messer's Harris and Worrell not being available to ride? Makes ya think!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, workyboy said:

Pray please tell ...... why did Glasgow not want to come to Workington on the 21st. 

Owt to do with Messer's Harris and Worrell not being available to ride? Makes ya think!!!

No idea if Glasgow was invited or not. All I'm saying is that they are willing to come this Saturday. Would have thought with workys problems they would want a meeting ASAP. There riders will want to earn some money, the promotion will want to remind there fans that speedway exists and that the problems reported on here by jenga and co have been solved. Throw in the fact that the Tigers haven't clicked yet gives you a great opportunity to win and qualify for the next stage. You also can rely on a big travelling support as we don't have a home match. If you prefer to run it when the group has already been decided and therefore no travelling support, then that is up to you 

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

No idea if Glasgow was invited or not. All I'm saying is that they are willing to come this Saturday. Would have thought with workys problems they would want a meeting ASAP. There riders will want to earn some money, the promotion will want to remind there fans that speedway exists and that the problems reported on here by jenga and co have been solved. Throw in the fact that the Tigers haven't clicked yet gives you a great opportunity to win and qualify for the next stage. You also can rely on a big travelling support as we don't have a home match. If you prefer to run it when the group has already been decided and therefore no travelling support, then that is up to you 

so what problems have workington got ? our initial fixture list has a 3 week break . riders are still riding in other leagues. so where is the problem ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jenga said:

so what problems have workington got ? our initial fixture list has a 3 week break . riders are still riding in other leagues. so where is the problem ?

And one got a very nice pay packet guesting for a Championship side on Sunday!!

Edited by StevePark

1 hour ago, jenga said:

in addition to the ones I suggested? Ok, how about having a 3 week break in your initial fixture list; who thinks that is a good way to attract and retain a crowd . as another poster pointed out you will be playing catch up and could even be out of the competition before you've really got started, which is sad cos on paper you are better than Berwick and Edinburgh and with our tentative start to the season you would likely beat us on Saturday. But hey I'm not really bothered when the match takes place but when it does I hope you get the crowd you deserve

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

in addition to the ones I suggested? Ok, how about having a 3 week break in your initial fixture list; who thinks that is a good way to attract and retain a crowd . as another poster pointed out you will be playing catch up and could even be out of the competition before you've really got started, which is sad cos on paper you are better than Berwick and Edinburgh and with our tentative start to the season you would likely beat us on Saturday. But hey I'm not really bothered when the match takes place but when it does I hope you get the crowd you deserve

i wonder who puts the fixture list together !  to be fair tho , we are still going to get the fixtures on regardless and that is what we all pay our money for .

i remember Edinburgh hanging on to put the league meeting on against workington one year and when it finally came around , it was past the deadline to qualify   for the play off,s and any points that we may have got were not included in the final tally towards the final play offs.  .so nothing has changed at all . its still run by people with their own interest(promoters) in mind .

but we just have to go with it , dont we ?

Edited by jenga

The Comets have signed Bradley Wilson Dean on a short term contract to cover for Mason Campton. It's on the Comets site. 

Edited by comet49
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, comet49 said:

The Comets have signed Bradley Wilson Dean on a short term contract to cover for Mason Campton. It's on the Comets site. 

Good News

• Like 2

that is a good signing for workington . always puts on a great show and never give up . welcome to the marras ..

a cracking move from the worky management . 

international star wars day cant come quick enough now . 

• Like 2

very positive 

and maybe can be used as a example of doing things better than last season 

well done to the comets management team 

• Like 1

so good results for wucky riders ty and nicko tonight @ poole and sheff .. looks like ty is on a bit of form A.T.M.

ANOTHER  good night for ty @ redcar .

Edited by jenga

decent night for ty @ the P.L.R.C. with a coup;e of wins thrown in for good measure . 

ty having a good season so far . well done marra .

just been talking to a old comets sponsor 

last five years no problem 

this year agreed to sponsor again as previous years but no contact to collect cheque and no sponsors entry ticket has been received even after contacting the person they agreed deal with 

well 

are Workington showing on there day there a threat to most home or away 

too early to say but 2 very convincing away victories 

as said before season started a team with strength in depth is better than a top heavy or strong bottom end 

aslong as the strength in depth team all perform at the same time 

if young bickley settles down and scores a few points I'm sure comets might just take a few more points on the road