British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

4 hours ago, jamlad said:

So it now seems riders aren't getting paid that's why they are under performing , Rene the first mentioned on another thread :angry: fans to suffer once again , its like de ja vu ...wasn;t he the one whinging last time he rode for us about not getting paid ... then they (powers at be) wonder why the season goes ** up at Worky . Rumours starting already that this is last season for the Comets :rolleyes:

it just some muppets stirring it for us . if we had not had those two great away performances , nowt wud av bin sed . load of bilocks..

it will only be the last season IF we dont support the sport in wirkington as best we can . its in our hand , as it always was .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 4

Not posting for a reaction but I did say at the start of the season that this was going to happen before a wheel was turned. 

dont worry peeps . it not long until our next home meeting ( 23rd of June ) i am sure there will be MORE TO FOLLOW  in the near future .

fixtures are a bigger joke than usual . it needs to be sorted for the 2019 season otherwise clubs will fold . when did they stop allowing the tac sub ride in league meeting ?

still supporting wuckintun speedway marras .

after watching that dross of a meeting called the nations (world cup if your called ty ) it was a very poor , set up in the way it was like a best pairs from sweden/poland/denmark . i dont watch that best pairs european cup stuff . its like watching someone @ work ! give me league meetings any time . that production was utter rubbish ,( yes , i type r u b b i s h ). this rubb ish should be on in march/april time . i am i two minds as to watch the remaining two meeting ,( a hint of peterborough ! )  if thats the best they can do , just bin it . i didnt agree with having the world cup EVERY year . spoilt the event as being special ..

roll on the 23rd of march for our next home meeting !

Edited by jenga
  • Confused 1

Just to confirm, we are not at Lakeside tonight, but we are at Edinburgh tomorrow, and are next at home on 23rd June.

More to follow.

nick klindt heading for a reserve berth in the coming weeks . 

MORE TO FOLLOW .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jenga said:

nick klindt heading for a reserve berth in the coming weeks . 

MORE TO FOLLOW .

Spot on but for which team 

More to follow, as jenga likes to have the last word 

17 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Spot on but for which team 

More to follow, as jenga likes to have the last word 

we will swop him for sarj !...  NO NEVER. both over rated ..

and the word is....  always .

• Like 1

Just read the speedway star laura telling it like it is which is nice i hope things turn out ok for her and the club, she says MOST riders are understanding of the situation and trust her 100% hope the doubters keep calm and do there best for her .

• Like 4

talking is god, i am sure all the supporters are behind her and her team . frustrating as it is . we supporters will always support the sport in cumbria . good or bad , we still turn up .

last night @ m/bra shows what can be done when riders and management actually talk to each other . 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jenga said:

talking is god, i am sure all the supporters are behind her and her team . frustrating as it is . we supporters will always support the sport in cumbria . good or bad , we still turn up .

last night @ m/bra shows what can be done when riders and management actually talk to each other . 

Never thought would say this but for once i agree with jenga watch those flying pigs

• Haha 1

just the once then Geoff100 ?

i would just like to add , well done to the cornets press people and actually putting a report on the official workington site . its a good wee read and stops people like myself adding , more to follow on posts . it did not take much and now we can all rest easy in the knowledge that the promotion do have some input available to them after meetings . well done jacko on getting the best from your team . it works wonders when you have a person who is respected by the riders and is not afraid to juggle things around.  well done to all riders and travelling fans  . you done workington proud and restored faith in the team and  the supporters . .

i hope i dont have to post . more to follow ever again.

tissue sales up in Glasgow , i hear .... while Edinburgh rejoice !

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Yes fans will always turn up at Workington but not nearly enough fans to make the sport viable in the town.

• Like 2

if we have a decent season. they could/may/will return .

a field of dreams film spring to mind . IF YOU BUILD IT , THEY WILL COME time to build on what we have and not ignore it .

Get the legend that is Stoney back in the Comets team, then the crowds will return. 

the crowds were getting low  even when stoney was there  

• Like 1