British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

Wait see what comes on our wedsite there busy looking in to sinking of something called the titanic 

4 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

European U21 semifinal in Czech Republic on Saturday 

Thanks for the info Neil

2 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

European U21 semifinal in Czech Republic on Saturday 

Would we be better off without him if someone else was free to sign? How can u expect fans to come.to watch when diehards like us on here are well p***** off riders  missing after weeks of no action remember where your bread and butter comes from.!!

even when the fixtures are up and running , they are against us !. lol

• Like 3

It's just as well this forum exists, otherwise Comets fans like myself who don't  do Facebook or Twitter would not have a clue what is going on.

What exactly is the point of our website when it is always so far behind.

As for Dan of course we should keep him and be proud he is doing so well, both for himself and for Cumbria.

As to the fixtures, frustration does not even begin to describe the situation we find ourselves in.

• Like 2

no rene @ the fours for us then . dont know if i should pass a comment or not , i dont think the management would have picked him anyhow :shock:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Would we be better off without him if someone else was free to sign? How can u expect fans to come.to watch when diehards like us on here are well p***** off riders  missing after weeks of no action remember where your bread and butter comes from.!!

I'm afraid that one is Belle Vue, they actually race meetings regularly for him to compete in....us on the other hand cant even claim to be P/T? :(

1 hour ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

It's just as well this forum exists, otherwise Comets fans like myself who don't  do Facebook or Twitter would not have a clue what is going on.

What exactly is the point of our website when it is always so far behind.

As for Dan of course we should keep him and be proud he is doing so well, both for himself and for Cumbria.

As to the fixtures, frustration does not even begin to describe the situation we find ourselves in.

And unfortunately that's where the issue lies, he's doing well for "himself" at the expense of the club, now he's got the green light to compete in international events those are weekend jobs that also inc Friday travelling, the two days we normally race on....so to speak so we will never benefit as a team from his participation until all avenues are completed on these types of fixtures? :(

1 hour ago, jenga said:

no rene @ the fours for us then . dont know if i should pass a comment or not , i dont think the management would have picked him anyhow :shock:

Of course you should J, what's the point of you're being here if you dont!! :D

Isn't Klindt missing also? :unsure:

Just noticed, if no fixture is in place for the 30th June then there's another gap of a fortnight between our fixtures after this Saturday v Glasgow? :sad:

Busy Busy last three months for us, cramming fixtures....our regular default position and usually our downfall? :(

What is th problem with the website?

No match report from Glasgow, no mention of Ty's injury, nothing about this Saturday -  it's like looking at a website for a business that has closed down or is about to. It makes you wonder.

It's no suprise there is so much crap talked on the forums because we aren't given any official facts. It certainally doesn't look like they're trying to encourage people through the gates. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Lord Lucan said:

Just noticed, if no fixture is in place for the 30th June then there's another gap of a fortnight between our fixtures after this Saturday v Glasgow? :sad:

Busy Busy last three months for us, cramming fixtures....our regular default position and usually our downfall? :(

Reboot music festival 30th june

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

Reboot music festival 30th june

So what happened to the Sheffield fixture then I thought that was cancelled because of a festival, never saw anything advertised tho? :unsure:

4 hours ago, cometbaz said:

What is th problem with the website?

No match report from Glasgow, no mention of Ty's injury, nothing about this Saturday -  it's like looking at a website for a business that has closed down or is about to. It makes you wonder.

It's no suprise there is so much crap talked on the forums because we aren't given any official facts. It certainally doesn't look like they're trying to encourage people through the gates. 

Strangely enough I was looking for the info for the four's event on the website the other day after reading about the line up we'd put out!!

Even though I'm not on them you can look at Facebook Twitter homepages but nothing on there either? 

Fortunately a handy soul posted it on another forum thread so, it was all good in the end!! :)

Certainly doesn't fill you with confidence tho our website? :(

And so the continual silence continues !!! :rolleyes: Why run this season when all that's happening is the demise of Workington Speedway sadly... Blaming the Fans all the time for not coming through the gates , what the hell do you expect when there's no interest keeping the fans up to date with whats happening, having to find out on Facebook from other teams who your bloody teams gona be . Management won't read comments on here in fear of getting slated well use the Commercial Manager you have , give a little bit and you will reap the benefits.

If Dan's not available , we need a guest , whatever the hell it is, TELL US !!! You would get a hell of lot more respect than saying nowt.  Instead of hiding away , say it as it is , hey it's tough luck for us but at least we KNOW what's going on. 

You need Fans/Promotion singing from the same hymn sheet otherwise your in trouble . 

Looking on that thread about away points/home points , Workington are in a position to top the league if we win all our Home Meetings , pick up some more points on the road if we drop a few at home but its a massive possibility of reaching the play-offs , yet look at the sad situation we find ourselves in 

I fear this will be the last season for Workington Speedway.....so lets go out on a high !!!!!!!

• Like 2

carful jamlsd , you WILL get slated from higher  people .  but i agree with you , we need information , not  more to follow stuff . there , thats two of us that will close speedway down with out truthful comments . 

18 minutes ago, jenga said:

carful jamlsd , you WILL get slated from higher  people .  but i agree with you , we need information , not  more to follow stuff . there , thats two of us that will close speedway down with out truthful comments . 

Make that three coz sadly, I'm inclined to agree.......tho I'm not going to admit that in public you understand,  as nobody responds to anything on ere thesedays, I'll be safe!! :rofl: