British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

1 hour ago, Lord Lucan said:

Dunno mate, I haven't been to any Friday meetings, such as they've been, so I can't answer that question?

Seen very little so far with one thing and another, 3 to be precise but judging by what I've read it doesn't improve matters at all, maybe if there's a run of meetings to go at on Friday it may yield a different story so it's a case of wait and see really!! Strangely enough you being a Berwick fan you'll get first hand experience, your up next for us a week on Friday!! :D

I hope to be there,I really enjoy the racing at Worky.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2018 at 12:59 PM, scaramanga said:

Yeah surprising how some clubs get the fixtures to suit them 

Who works out the fixture list 

Oh say no more 

It must take a lot of work to organise fixtures for the whole league, so I wouldn't complain about fairness unless I had a suggestion of who could take it over!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

It must take a lot of work to organise fixtures for the whole league, so I wouldn't complain about fairness unless I had a suggestion of who could take it over!

it would be best if it wasn't someone biased to there own club  and done it fair and square

• Like 2

Well.done to young dan on the reserve  birth dont think the track will do him any favours but will learn alot just being in the pits ,well done to steve lawson for getting him where he is .

• Like 4

On 6/25/2018 at 12:59 PM, scaramanga said:

Yeah surprising how some clubs get the fixtures to suit them 

Who works out the fixture list 

Oh say no more 

There’s a draft fixture list issued to all promotors after the said promotors have informed the fixture compiler of dates they wish to avoid, for reasons such as Stadium unavailability or riders with foreign commitments etc etc,  Another draft or two then is issued until every one is happy. Only then is the Official fixture list issued, so any clubs Promotors can only blame themselves if the fixtures are not to their liking

i was talking to a supporter in town today and asked him if he had been down to dp . his reply was that the fixture list had got to him and he couldnt be bothered to see when there was a meeting on . good supporter as well . has all the gear , jacket , prog board . the lot . its a shame , because its a good sport .

Edited by jenga

32 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

There’s a draft fixture list issued to all promotors after the said promotors have informed the fixture compiler of dates they wish to avoid, for reasons such as Stadium unavailability or riders with foreign commitments etc etc,  Another draft or two then is issued until every one is happy. Only then is the Official fixture list issued, so any clubs Promotors can only blame themselves if the fixtures are not to their liking

Yeh, but the Comets and others are being asked to change these agreed fixtures. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jenga said:

i was talking to a supporter in town today and asked him if he had been down to dp . his reply was that the fixture list had got to him and he couldnt be bothered to see when there was a meeting on . good supporter as well . has all the gear , jacket , prog board . the lot . its a shame , because its a good sport .

Not much of a supporter if he can't be bothered then is he.

1 hour ago, comet49 said:

Yeh, but the Comets and others are being asked to change these agreed fixtures. 

They don’t HAVE  to change

he has been supporting from the 70,s  the joy comes to an end to all of us sometimes , forced or fed up . 

2 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

They don’t HAVE  to change

it will be forced on workington , like it or not !

49 minutes ago, jenga said:

it will be forced on workington , like it or not !

So just what is the problem with the fixtures you've got, as I haven't seen anything publicised anywhere else apart from this forum. All I know is Workington applied to change there raceday from Saturday to Friday's and it was declined because Glasgow and Scunthorpe already had it agreed to switch to Friday's at the AGM of the BSPA and it was not attended by your promoter for whatever reason.

4 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Well.done to young dan on the reserve  birth dont think the track will do him any favours but will learn alot just being in the pits ,well done to steve lawson for getting him where he is .

On the down side.he could missout on the.pairs the night before.!

22 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

So just what is the problem with the fixtures you've got, as I haven't seen anything publicised anywhere else apart from this forum. All I know is Workington applied to change there raceday from Saturday to Friday's and it was declined because Glasgow and Scunthorpe already had it agreed to switch to Friday's at the AGM of the BSPA and it was not attended by your promoter for whatever reason.

we race on Saturdays and change to Fridays when cookie is in the gp,s on Saturdays . some Sunday meetings are prob on the cards ...  it was announced  last Saturday that there could be changes @ short notice . dont know much else .

7 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

That's odd? only the 2 clubs that were represented on the Management Committee allowed to change race nights? Have you got that right? Don't Peterborough and Lakeside race on Fridays too? So let me get this right Edinburgh, Glasgow, Lakeside, Peterborough, Scunthorpe and Workington have Friday fixtures with riders competing in qualifying rounds all over as well. I make that 6 home meetings so there is not enough riders for 12 teams to be in action with guests and R/R?

Oh! there are only 11 teams in the league that means at least 1 possibly 2 or 3 can't run on a Friday otherwise there won't be enough riders for the rest (or teams for that matter). "Let's tell those who do not have or gave up their Friday priority they can't run that'll solve it".

Never mind Marras you can fill your blank Saturdays instead, start with re-arranging your postponed fixtures; Scunthorpe and Sheffield. Oh! they've already declined your offer of dates then why not go to the Management Committee and get them to force those clubs to come on a Saturday? Oh! those clubs are on the Management Committee, isn't that where this started?

Why don't Workington race some meetings on a Friday then?

'Twas on the Monday morning the Gas man came to call

• Like 2