British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

The amount of meetings getting cancelled up and down the country, during our best spell of weather in living memory is criminal. The sport is heading for oblivion.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

What a Martyr :rolleyes: ... And that makes it okay as to whats happening now ..like I said look at the teams not affected ,and who's on the board its not bloody rocket science even an idiot can see why it's been done 

are you brainless enough to think that Mr Godfrey makes these decisions

also,on a couple of these named fridays are you not actually looking for a guest or two yourselfs,?

and another point,how does it help scunny when by the time we race on a friday again,according to the press release we should have a full team with riders return from injury

for you information Scunny are riding on a  Sunday,for the next few home meetings

3 minutes ago, montie said:

also,on a couple of these named fridays are you not actually looking for a guest or two yourselfs,?

and another point,how does it help scunny when by the time we race on a friday again,according to the press release we should have a full team with riders return from injury

for you information Scunny are riding on a  Sunday,for the next few home meetings

No you're brainless enough to believe it's all above board , and it's happening for the good of Speedway 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

No you're brainless enough to believe it's all above board , and it's happening for the good of Speedway 

you failed to answer the question

you say that stopping Workington riding on a friday,helps Godfrey choose guests?  yet we dont have any meetings on a friday now until as reported Scunthorpes injured riders should have returned

Edited by montie

Stopping Workington , Lakeside, Peterborough riding Fridays helps with Rider Availability for the teams with Manager's on the BSPA board get guests when they need them , simple really 

I tell you what, you tell me why all fixtures were agreed at the start of the season and now suddenly 3 teams fixtures for Fridays are removed from the fixture list without an explanation ?

Edited by Taylorj
  • Like 3

BSPA .... Organ grinders everyone of them ........ i e .   A person who manipulates his organ with his hand!!??

Edited by workyboy
  • Haha 2

Imo Workington comets and other teams affected by this joke decision by the bspa should tell them to return to the published fixtures, if not all should walk away from speedway and the bspa would be responsible for forcing clubs to close, I love my speedway but think it would be better to have no speedway than to abide by joke decision like this !!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, montie said:

He's the vice chairman of the BSPA. 

Are you suggesting that he bears no responsibility at all ? 

This is an absolute shambles. If there was going to be a problem with Workington, Lakeside and Peterborough riding Fridays they should have been told that at the start of the season, not half way through when all arrangements had been made. After all,  its not as though it couldn't be seen at that time.

I wonder if Scunthorpe and Sheffield - both of whom are promoted by management committee members - are being totally accommodating to Workington's requests for rearranged fixtures given that it is those promoters who decided that race days must change. If not, it simply adds insult to injury.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

He's the vice chairman of the BSPA. 

Are you suggesting that he bears no responsibility at all ? 

This is an absolute shambles. If there was going to be a problem with Workington, Lakeside and Peterborough riding Fridays they should have been told that at the start of the season, not half way through when all arrangements had been made. After all,  its not as though it couldn't be seen at that time.

I wonder if Scunthorpe and Sheffield - both of whom are promoted by management committee members - are being totally accommodating to Workington's requests for rearranged fixtures given that it is those promoters who decided that race days must change. If not, it simply adds insult to injury.

It's crazy  how a team from the premier league (Swindon) are allowed to ride on a night that is designed exclusively for Championship clubs and yet championship clubs are being denied the chance to ride on a night that is designed for them ,Is it any wonder that the sport is going fast forward into decline with BSPA seemingly doing absolutely nothing to try and revamp the sport Well done BSPA  ,  I  hope you feel proud of how you are running the sport because  no one else outside your of  closed shop think you do .

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Neila said:

Imo Workington comets and other teams affected by this joke decision by the bspa should tell them to return to the published fixtures, if not all should walk away from speedway and the bspa would be responsible for forcing clubs to close, I love my speedway but think it would be better to have no speedway than to abide by joke decision like this !!

You may well find that is what happens after the BSPA meeting next week if nothing is resolved. I don’t know the position with Workeys fixtures but Peterborough and Lakeside both ride in stadiums that are heavily used for other things and it won’t be easy (probably nigh on impossible ) to rearrange all or perhaps any of their fixtures before the cut off date. Never mind it will be for the greater good of the sport if  Godfrey gets his own way. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

like a few years back when another team refused to rearrange a rain off with Workington until after the cut off point for play offs 

oh yes there promotor was also on the panel 

most corrupt sport around  if half of what we hear is true

• Like 2

This just may be the Final straw for the  Workington Promotion, They pull the plug blame the BSPA saying due to the fact they have changed there Fixtures they can’t continue, then no one can say it was the Promotors that closed Workington Speedway but the BSPA and they walk away with there heads held high  

• Like 2

Read the week before last's comic, don't think they're in to dodging bullets but you're right the management Committee are bringing the end closer

• Like 1