British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

Klindt 17 + 1 for Poole from reserve and Dan 10 for Belle Vue from No 3. Happy days. 

Edited by comet49

Workington & other promotions are trying to push the issue into running meetings when their riders have hit a bit of form while we are still using multi guests & r/r. :shock: :mad:

I said earlier when we agreed to the postponement at Workington on 19th May if other teams would play ball if the shoe was on the other foot. :nono: :rolleyes:

46 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Workington & other promotions are trying to push the issue into running meetings when their riders have hit a bit of form while we are still using multi guests & r/r. :shock: :mad:

I said earlier when we agreed to the postponement at Workington on 19th May if other teams would play ball if the shoe was on the other foot. :nono: :rolleyes:

:nono::rolleyes::o Thought I'd get a few emoji's in first :lol:  You're  just not grasping it are you...its not about the postponement with your lot, it was about all our Friday's fixtures going forward being removed from the Fixture list without an explanation . We aren't pushing for anything just to ride on the AGREED nights from the start of the season , nothing to do with meeting teams as we've hit a bit of form ... Got it ???? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I won't lie Friday's cancelled home meeting against Newcastle has got me baffled thanks to this stupid rule brought in by the bspa.glorious weather and two teams ready to race sitting on there bums at home Instead of been on track that night.it wouldn't be so bad if either team was riding somewhere else and make this ruling kinda understandable.

Edited by bigbird
  • Like 2

serious post - could someone bring me up to speed on this Friday thing = i think i missed an announcement or something

It was announced at the Workington v Glasgow  meeting, week before last, that the Comets and other clubs had been asked to change Friday night fixtures, they weren' t happy, fixtures agreed in January.  Sometime last week the Comets and others had fixtures taken off the fixture list by the BSPA.  The Comets are affected most,  Edinburgh & Peterborough not so much I believe. Ok to ride last Friday against Berwick cos they ride Saturday.  The issue seems to be rider availability for guests to cover injuries.  

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I won't lie Friday's cancelled home meeting against Newcastle has got me baffled thanks to this stupid rule brought in by the bspa.glorious weather and two teams ready to race sitting on there bums at home Instead of been on track that night.it wouldn't be so bad if either team was riding somewhere else and make this ruling kinda understandable.

I can only think it's so riders are available for guest appearances,  it's a case of you can't ride Fridays, even though in January we agreed you could on these Fridays.

• Like 1

With Rene Bach getting a new ave (6.12) Workington could replace Kyle Bickley with up to 3.73! Would you drop him? Who for?

Drop kyle NEVER its all a learning curve for him just hope we get to see the benefit next season.

no chance of young kyle getting dropped . we are not that sort of promotion . British speedway needs clubs like workington to bring on the young uns . 

stop talking poooo . altho he may be replaced by Greg Hancock !  :party:

Ha ha ha.drop Bickley.not a chance if common sense and decency has anything to do with it.yeah the lads found pts hard to come by which is understandable at this level he's riding at now but we have to stick with him and show our faith in the ability the lad has and will go on to show in bundles if we have the patience to keep him in the team for the rest of the season.

If Bickley was a Workington asset, i'd agree with the above comments, but what's to stop him signing for another club next season?

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Would you drop him? Who for?

1. No.

2. Therefore not applicable.

3. Next question.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

With Rene Bach getting a new ave (6.12) Workington could replace Kyle Bickley with up to 3.73! Would you drop him? Who for?

What about putting Kyle at #7 so he gets more races against fellow reserves then?