British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

8 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

I think there should be deadlines for KOC matches like your local golf tournaments (1st round by mid May, QF by end July, SF by middle Sept and final by mid October.

Not to hard to do considering Ipswich last season had to wait about for 2 or 3 months waiting for others to catch up.

It's been quoted for ages that method because it should be so simple to implement, maybe why they don't do it? :D

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, yellow and black said:

Trouble is though, that League fixture  v Newcastle for August 10th has now been removed from the fixture list, as it is one of our Fridays that limit Scunthorpe and the likes of getting guests!

Probably the Management Committee have a deadline in place for the KOC to even further limit the chances of the Comets getting their fixtures in by the cut-off date, so KOC it is!

That's why I quoted weekends, even moving everything back to Saturday we don't have enough to get in what needs doing? 

Could easily ruin a potentially successful season for the Comets this? :angry:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lord Lucan said:

That's why I quoted weekends, even moving everything back to Saturday we don't have enough to get in what needs doing? 

Could easily ruin a potentially successful season for the Comets this? :angry:

Think that was the intention made by those in power who made the Friday night decision. 

Trouble is whilst we keep winning our away matches, the clubs who thought they would benefit by our demise didn't win between them at the weekend!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

Given up grovelling now have you... did you cry and whimper enough they took you back 

why are you changing the subject ?

never have grovelled to anyone , you included  ! 

11 hours ago, jenga said:

why are you changing the subject ?

never have grovelled to anyone , you included  ! 

Really because an entire thread on here says different.. 

i got a prediction wrong you embarrassed yourself even more than normal then had to snivel and grovel to a promotion... didnt even have the balls to stick up for yourself... 

3 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Really because an entire thread on here says different.. 

i got a prediction wrong you embarrassed yourself even more than normal then had to snivel and grovel to a promotion... didnt even have the balls to stick up for yourself... 

i . did stick up for myself. i did not go to a home meeting for two weeks .

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MANSE said:

Because their was no meetings

not telling any porkies then am i ?

• Like 1

As frustrating as these fixture changes are, you can't get away from the fact that the root cause of all this was the lack of fixtures earlier in the season. 5 competitive home meetings April - June? Far too disjointed, and not for the first time. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kevcfc said:

As frustrating as these fixture changes are, you can't get away from the fact that the root cause of all this was the lack of fixtures earlier in the season. 5 competitive home meetings April - June? Far too disjointed, and not for the first time. 

That's what happens when the sport is run be insiders 

It's biased towards the ones organising things 

• Like 3

And now we have Shield meetings to organise.:rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

If we manage to get to Scunny to come possibly a double header with the League ?? 

3 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Has this been agreed IS, looked on Comets website and there is (as per) nothing to suggest any meeting has been arranged for any time, certainly the first I've heard of it? :unsure:

the draw was peterborrow v leakside and scunthorpe v workington . prob dates to be arranged when we are @ full weakness  .ha.ha.haaa .

prob better off getting the league meeting in first as the cup meeting can Shirley hang on a wee while longer .

Edited by jenga
  • Thanks 1

Why not J, only been running since April so.... what's the rush!! :D

• Haha 1