British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

i think thats the one just opposite the workington courts on hall brow as you head out of town to cockermouth . 

aye thats the one (end of A66) west coast side . not too far from derwent park . about 1/2 a mile ?

went there a loooong time ago . meals were good and friendly people . 

Edited by jenga

Jim bowen charlie williams ken dodd all great comics and now joining them are poland and dan on sunday !!

Weather's not looking good for Sunday any local info, hope I haven't got to cancel hotel

31 minutes ago, bruno said:

Weather's not looking good for Sunday any local info, hope I haven't got to cancel hotel

BBC weather app says rain all day in Workington, still early to predict.:(

At least the dead line for the play offs have been extended to September the 16th:icon_smile_clown:.

Great battling point tonight with all sorts going on by the sound of it. A shame things didn't go quite to plan for our trump card, hopefully he will be ok for the weekend.

I am getting dragged away on holiday for a week so am going to miss this weekend's racing. Here's hoping they can do the business and be in an even stronger position by the time the Monarchs come to town.

The year of the Cat, yes a good point gained at Redcar last night could prove vital at the cut off date.

1 thing for sure 

it must be the best TEAM weve had as for pulling together and fighting for match points 

im sure most teams wont fancy a full strength comets 1 to 7 in the play offs 

lakeside will be toughest team to overcome over 2 legs

• Like 2

Apologies but looking at the weather Sunday we have had to cancel our hotel,gutted. Will hopefully be up there next year

• Like 2

Yeah I’ll second that, speedway to watch next year at DP. 

TY was down to guest for Ipswich tonight but hasn’t rode, hope he’s not injured. 

31 minutes ago, comet49 said:

Yeah I’ll second that, speedway to watch next year at DP. 

TY was down to guest for Ipswich tonight but hasn’t rode, hope he’s not injured. 

Aggravated his shoulder injury so pulled out - sensible move as right to put getting fit for his own team first

Thanks to Scunny being piss poor we didnt miss him :lol:

• Like 3

Bit puzzled as to why Worky has only done 5 home league matches so far. I'm sure the answers are within this thread somewhere but are there reasons? Sorry for ignorance - main attentions been on other matters so this has escaped me!

59 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Bit puzzled as to why Worky has only done 5 home league matches so far. I'm sure the answers are within this thread somewhere but are there reasons? Sorry for ignorance - main attentions been on other matters so this has escaped me!

Because their outstanding Friday Home fixtures were pulled by the BSPA which created a nightmare getting clubs to agree new fixtures on a Saturday

its funny that workington tried to do something that was IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE SPORT by running a few off nights (Friday) so the comets faithful could watch Craig in the G.P.s on Saturdays , and the travelling away fans did not miss any bt coverage . 

this was all agreed and the fixture lise was done and dustes .

then mr Godfrey couldnt get a guest sorted out on fridays when Steve Worrall was injured , because there were too many champ clubs running on Fridays .

so these were  pulled from certain clubs . that left many teams playing catchup with meetings . well done godfrey and that other m,..et . 

in the BEST INTEREST OF THE SPORT . my hearth .

nice result from scunt horpe last night . kama . love it ..

measure once , cut twice , that his way . 

Edited by jenga