British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

Taken from NL Completing Fixtures thread

the problem is that when there's call off's early in the season there's no effort by either side to get a restaging as there's so much of the year to go then when our usual 'summer' weather hits we get what we have now . the fact we are here again after the summer we had this year just hammers home that nothing will ever change . 

&

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:56 PM, Islander15 said:

I agree. Isle of Wight will finish their league meetings in August and have reported healthy crowds during the summer months. They’ve created a challenge type meeting in the first week of September to extend the season and issue a seasonal farewell. This whole concept has been well received by supporters: get the meetings done in good weather in the summer when they still mean something and allowing a nice flow to near weekly meetings plus  one unofficial meeting in September which allows a speedway fix without adding meaningless fixtures in. Regular Warriors fans have enjoyed this organisation, so it’s not just about pleasing the holidaying supporters either. 

I have to agree.  Berwick and Sheffield were the same in that they finished in August. Teams make excuses to move the cut off date and all it does is affect the teams that get on with the league meetings.  It is mostly the same teams every year that drags the season out.:drink: 

• Like 2

With Nicolai's Polish team riding in the 1st leg of the play-off final on Sunday 16th does this mean we are back in the NL only guest scenario again for the ttip to Newcastle ?

i dont think he has been picked for the team . not too sure tho . i think there was something on his site .  but we will get to know when its too late i suppose .

25 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

With Nicolai's Polish team riding in the 1st leg of the play-off final on Sunday 16th does this mean we are back in the NL only guest scenario again for the ttip to Newcastle ?

Think we can use a  Championship guest as it is a re-arranged meeting.

Could do a lot worse than getting our Friday night guest if Nicolai is in Poland.

Well if Peterborough can have a full facility because Lambert has a wedding I cant see what justification there could be to deny Worky if Klindt is missing even if its just to wash his beard!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

if no nic . barker or tj . keep away from worrall .

15 minutes ago, jenga said:

if no nic . barker or tj . keep away from worrall .

Either of the Worralls ?

Why not ask Sarj ? He's the Tiger with the most improved average this year. He's riding excellently just now, his gating is great and he shouldn't be busy on the 16th as the Tigers will have made the play-offs by then.

11 hours ago, Tapeworm said:

Either of the Worralls ?

Why not ask Sarj ? He's the Tiger with the most improved average this year. He's riding excellently just now, his gating is great and he shouldn't be busy on the 16th as the Tigers will have made the play-offs by then.

comedy gold !

Does anybody have any news on Ty, he didn't ride for King's Lynn on Monday night

Don't know why it's bold...

Edited by comet49

4 minutes ago, comet49 said:

Does anybody have any news on Ty, he didn't ride for King's Lynn on Monday night

Don't know why it's bold...

Not sure but posted on Facebook yesterday saying "Cant wait to get out there"  ie Racing.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Not sure but posted on Facebook yesterday saying "Cant wait to get out there"  ie Racing.

Cheers topaz35

We are definetly entitled to a GUEST for the meeting at Newcastle in place of Nicolai.

So no need to worry...we defo wont be getting a NL rider to take his place. !! 

Edited by A.N.Other
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

We are definetly entitled to a GUEST for the meeting at Newcastle in place of Nicolai.

So no need to worry...we defo wont be getting a NL rider to take his place. !! 

thats good news.....praying the weather forecast isn't as bad as met office looks for tomorrow  :( we really need tomorrow nights meeting on for these boys they have worked so hard to get us where we are be an absolute sin to fall short when we are nearly there , come on lady luck get the rain moving on eastwards !!

• Like 3

Team news soon for tomorrow I hope, we may need a guest for Ty and P’boro need one for Scott Nicholls who has a ankle injury unless they use RR. 

Edited by comet49