British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

12 hours ago, comet49 said:

Team news soon for tomorrow I hope, we may need a guest for Ty and P’boro need one for Scott Nicholls who has a ankle injury unless they use RR. 

Terio Aarnio guests for Dan.  And Peterborough have Coty Garcia for Tom Bacon, Jordan Stewart for Simon Lambert, and...wait for it....................................................

BEN BARKER for Scott Nicholls ! 

Aaaaaargh.....NO....this cant  be true ???    But it is !

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.3472.2

7 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

Terio Aarnio guests for Dan.  And Peterborough have Coty Garcia for Tom Bacon, Jordan Stewart for Simon Lambert, and...wait for it....................................................

BEN BARKER for Scott Nicholls ! 

Aaaaaargh.....NO....this cant  be true ???    But it is !

http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.3472.2

Just proves  money talks and a  verbal contract aint worth the paper its written on, but a guest for someone getting married one more reason the sport is going down the pan.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Just proves  money talks and a  verbal contract aint worth the paper its written on, but a guest for someone getting married one more reason the sport is going down the pan.

You could look at it like,,, if Simon was to miss his wedding, it could be r/r or guests for an awfully long time ;)

• Haha 2

Jordan Stewart was likely an improvement for Simon Lambert and that should not be allowed under the rules. A NL two pointer should be there to make up the numbers. getting married is a choice by the rider and any team should not benefit by such as off track decision. Next it would be, it's my sister's 18th or 21st and that takes priority over going to work.

• Like 2

Hate to say it but I think unless there's a miracle, the weather will pick up the 3pts tonight

Not looking that good either for Sunday v Newcastle. 

Apparently in a new twist, it appears that as Simon has (previously unbeknown to his bride to be) invited his team mates to the wedding to provide a guard of honour in their Kevlars she has insisted they all tucked up safely in their beds this evening by 8pm.

Luckily for Peterborough they have discovered a little known clause in the rulebook  which covers this eventuality which allows them to bring in a whole team of GP riders. Therefore it will be the Comets v Woffinden, Zmarzlik, Janowski, Lindgren, Barker (guest for Dudek), Hancock and Laguta.

It is obviously going to be make it a little tougher for the boys tonight but we have had bigger hurdles to cross this year, so I say we will just sneak it 47-43.

C'mon you Comets.

• Haha 2

Think if we win at Newcastle we could finish top, it’s late tho’ ....if PBoro don’t win at Lakeside. It’s a credit to the promotion that the Comets have had no team changes and done as well as they have. 

Edited by comet49
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, comet49 said:

Think if we win at Newcastle we could finish top, it’s late tho’ ....if PBoro don’t win at Lakeside. It’s a credit to the promotion that the Comets have had no team changes and done as well as they have. 

Your on the nail with that and i think it was the newcastle reporter in the sppedway star that had us as champions in the bumper march edition .

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Your on the nail with that and i think it was the newcastle reporter in the sppedway star that had us as champions in the bumper march edition .

Yeh it was the Newcastle reporter, I keep that issue, just checked. Let’s make him right, and happy. Cheers. 

On 9/14/2018 at 8:34 AM, workyboy said:

Hate to say it but I think unless there's a miracle, the weather will pick up the 3pts tonight

Not looking that good either for Sunday v Newcastle. 

There is no problem with the forecast for Sunday at Newcastle.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Do Workington still have to ride Lakeside. If so is it home or away?

Yes, at Home

21 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Is that "home" at Worky or Lakehouse though? ;):cheers:

If you read his post correctly he is referring to Workington,hence my reply.;):cheers:

• Haha 1

On 14 September 2018 at 8:00 AM, waytogo28 said:

Jordan Stewart was likely an improvement for Simon Lambert and that should not be allowed under the rules. A NL two pointer should be there to make up the numbers. getting married is a choice by the rider and any team should not benefit by such as off track decision. Next it would be, it's my sister's 18th or 21st and that takes priority over going to work.

The simple matter is then for Peterborough to decline the rearranged meeting and then Workington could miss the playoffs (Peterborough have already qualified).

Is that a better option?

Teams should be willing to rearrange fixtures but making themselves weaker in not in the team or fans best interest.