British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

51 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

In the words of your very own well spoken general speedway fan Dorothy58 , you're a such a nob :icon_smile_clown: ...I suppose that very important Micky Mouse cup you are going to Edinburgh for tomorrow night is also more important than the league championship ?? Couldn't accomodate Workington 5th/6th oct yet you can make a Spring Trophy ... laughable :rolleyes:now naff off back to your own playground thread with ya cronies Manse, GazC 

Such a well spoken young lady :wub:  with fans like you I can't understand why workington's crowds are so low :rofl:

Whilst not wanting to criticise you just to mention its the Scottish Cup not the Spring Trophy and we only took this booking once all other matches had been agreed. We thought it was only fair to our fans who had bought lots of tickets from our promotion for this second leg which was sadly rained off at the start of the year. These tickets were only valid for the 2nd leg but Edinburgh couldn't fit us in until they got knocked out of all the other competitions. so better late than never :t:.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

I will come back to this one tomorrow with relish

Regards
THJ

Don't bother were not that interested honestly.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

I will come back to this one tomorrow with relish

Regards
THJ

More second hand tripe to follow,still waiting on answer why they had 8 blank weeks in April,May and June with no home fixture.A honest answer will do 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, MANSE said:

More second hand tripe to follow,still waiting on answer why they had 8 blank weeks in April,May and June with no home fixture.A honest answer will do 

'cos no bstard would accept a fixture!

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

'cos no bstard would accept a fixture!

Why could Berwick a Saturday night track run 10 home meetings in the same 3 months

Take a look at the fixtures we were going to run fridays still we were stopped what night u running next season think their is only thursday u havnt tried, cant wait to watch the racing from the corperate boxes on the 3rd bend with replys on the big screen next time am up their !

• Like 1

You asked for an honest answer, wtf has Berwick got to do with it? Jacko was asking teams to visit (the strongest team in the league) and they were refusing for a variety of reasons (usually rider availability) maybe on the nights some of those teams went to Berwick they had their riders or fancied their chances with a guest at Berwick.

Maybe they couldn't go to Workington 'cos they were riding at Berwick :o

Don't ask for an honest answer if you don't want one, this forum really pees me off when you tell people the truth they don't want to believe it, crack on then I'm out of this one.

Edited by Byker Biker
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Take a look at the fixtures we were going to run fridays still we were stopped what night u running next season think their is only thursday u havnt tried, cant wait to watch the racing from the corperate boxes on the 3rd bend with replys on the big screen next time am up their !

Not in April,May and June you had 5 blank Saturdays and 3 blank Fridays the weeks of the GPs.When we run Mon -Thurs it is to accommodate other teams to get fixtures completed

14 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Not in April,May and June you had 5 blank Saturdays and 3 blank Fridays the weeks of the GPs.When we run Mon -Thurs it is to accommodate other teams to get fixtures completed

If u coming down next week pop to the pits and ask laura or jacko  sure they can answer the question !

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Taylorj said:

In the words of your very own well spoken general speedway fan Dorothy58 , you're a such a nob :icon_smile_clown: ...I suppose that very important Micky Mouse cup you are going to Edinburgh for tomorrow night is also more important than the league championship ?? Couldn't accomodate Workington 5th/6th oct yet you can make a Spring Trophy ... laughable :rolleyes:now naff off back to your own playground thread with ya cronies Manse, GazC 

aye , the three musk of tears all stick together and back each other up, right or wrong . i am sure that many posters see these three as part of the tufty club and can say or do no wrong . its like a cow dropping one pile on top of another . 

the reasons behind the missing weekends in the early months were well documented and even Hoggy explained it as to why no one was willing or able to fulfil the Saturday fixtures .

HONESTLY. it looks like no matter how many time people tell you lot it was impossible to arrange meetings , it was looked upon as not being interested or worky were just fobbing other teams off . in fact it was the reverse . i am sure THJ can put it into Cumbrian for you as you dont appear to be able to understand  INglish . looks like all that time off school has served you well and you have suck seeded in being dumb ..

caught one ,just two more for a full set !

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jenga said:

aye , the three musk of tears all stick together and back each other up, right or wrong . i am sure that many posters see these three as part of the tufty club and can say or do no wrong . its like a cow dropping one pile on top of another . 

the reasons behind the missing weekends in the early months were well documented and even Hoggy explained it as to why no one was willing or able to fulfil the Saturday fixtures .

HONESTLY. it looks like no matter how many time people tell you lot it was impossible to arrange meetings , it was looked upon as not being interested or worky were just fobbing other teams off . in fact it was the reverse . i am sure THJ can put it into Cumbrian for you as you dont appear to be able to understand  INglish . looks like all that time off school has served you well and you have suck seeded in being dumb ..

Dumb and dumber strike again I expected better than this from you but come to think of it I am not surprised , wonder what wrong doing will befall the Comets this week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Dumb and dumber strike again I expected better than this from you but come to think of it I am not surprised , wonder what wrong doing will befall the Comets this week.

i beat you to the dumb and dumber line . 

why dont you pay worky a visit and find out the fate of either of our clubs .

OH and its NEXT week , not this week . jeezz .no good with numbers as well as words 

Edited by jenga
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

i beat you to the dumb and dumber line . 

why dont you pay worky a visit and find out the fate of either of our clubs .

OH and its NEXT week , not this week . jeezz .no good with numbers as well as words 

I will be paying a visit next week looking forward to it. Worky are a solid team will be very difficult for us over two legs.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

Can anyone tell me which shops in workington sell the speedway star still.

Hi matey

I assume you are asking because WH Smith have stopped selling it from this week on ?  I bought a random copy of SS there last week, and there was an article in it from the publishers, saying something about the fact that extremely high charges were being levied against them,for them to continue selling it there, so regrettably they have had to withdraw from selling SS in WH Smiths. 

I think the Petrol station in Seaton sells them..so you will have to jump on the big red bus to get one from there..lol.  Not sure if anyone else does. ? Let me know if you find out ? 

Cheers