British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

9 minutes ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

The constant bickering (on this site in particular) is boring the sh*t out of 99% of Comets and Glasgow fans alike.

Could you all please give it a rest!

and sheffield fans.why can't we just all be nice to one another for a change.if we can't say something constructive then why bother.

well done tai on a third world title.was nice to see the poles getting well and truly peed off.good luck comets on your quest for the title.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Moranboys said:

well done tai on a third world title.was nice to see the poles getting well and truly peed off.good luck comets on your quest for the title.

The most constructive post I've seen for a couple of pages,it can be done, nobody's asking for world peace and to swim with dolphins,but let's get back to a sensible debate and knock the insults on the head 

paulco has started a thread , worky v tigers . any bad mouthing should be done on there or not at all (better).

only Glasgow triplets and older GLASGOW  ladies can post !

also . only the crazy sisters lol .myself, scaramange and the chosen few . will get an invite by e mail to join in . same applies to the glasgow fans .

daffo no sheff , scunny or edinburgh fans . 

just to remind everyone , its invitation only  .

have a nice day punters .

Edited by jenga
  • Haha 3

just a quick update on those e mails . they will sent out by ROYAL mAIL , FIRST CLASS  recorded delivery , to be signed for . this e mail via post only give you a one time password to energise your access code . butter it up and you lose the chance to join paulcos thread . 

enjoy the craic and the other stuff .

8 hours ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

The constant bickering (on this site in particular) is boring the sh*t out of 99% of Comets and Glasgow fans alike.

Could you all please give it a rest!

It’s a forum not a Mills and Boon novel :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, jamlad said:

It’s a forum not a Mills and Boon novel :rolleyes:

Absolutely, but by the same token neither is it meant to resemble a script from The Three Stooges, The Witches of Eastwick or One Flew Over The Cuckoo Nest!:lol:

Edited by Carlislecomet2

22 minutes ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

Absolutely, but by the same token neither is it meant to resemble a script from The Three Stooges, The Witches of Eastwick or One Flew Over The Cuckoo Nest!

Has quite a good ring to it that :)

• Like 1

On 10/6/2018 at 9:41 AM, SharpenRake said:

have shortened these pieces of bilious nonsense to save boredom but also to make it clear who I am responding to. lets do a bit of compare and contrast. 2 successful business men with money invest in land/stadium and speedway team. Crowds treble at a time when other clubs are down to the hard core. This is described  as bank rolling the club as if that is bad. meanwhile an unfortunate lady who suffers shocking injuries uses her money to try and save a team. in this case investing money is obviously good. The business men surround themselves with people who have ran the club in the past, welcome other business men as sponsors, make fans welcome and encourage them to get involved in a positive manner. these fans end up developing the best social media service in UK speedway, undertake post match interviews for broadcast on facebook, help establish a weekly local radio show about speedway(!) and get national publicity for speedway on the BBCs Eggheads quiz show to name just some of the initiatives. Meanwhile Laura does her best with Jacko and another chap (probably THJ). They have fans like taylorj and jenga. Laura and her partners pour money that she can probably ill afford down the drain that is Workington speedway. Presumably jacko and co are well respected but for some reason other teams are not willing to try and help (apparently). What has Laura or Jacko done to upset the BSPA, apart from apparently calling fellow clubs 'bar stewards'? What did the SCB say about this, what was Workys Plan B, are your fans getting together and forming a trust? Come on THJ you know all the answers! Meanwhile poor laura and her partners are leaking money as opposed to bankrolling the club and the most constructive thing I've read on here by a fan was make the food better! But never mind remember bankrolling is 'bad', pouring good money after bad is 'good'. You couldn't make it up 

Honestly

You haven't got a clue pal, come and look me up when you come down and I will put you in the picture, and as the Workington Trust facilitator I have the ideas just not the disposable cash to put them into action, (and I am not short of a bob or two) however, you may know some of the ideas like spending £200k+ on advertisement of the sport to put an additional 64/66 on the crowd, so even if we call it 70 who then spend £25 each on a match day that's £35,000 back in the coffers over the season for a £200K expenditure, so yep that makes good business sense doesn't it? and I wont go down the salary root as that just makes a mockery of the sport when a guy makes more riding in Scotland for a championship club than Poland, or a 3 point reserve gets a better deal than other clubs No 1? so yes make no bones about it  "Bank Rolling the club", (which is exactly what is happening) and that is only bad when its to the detriment of all others isn't it. (which is also exactly what is happening) I also wont go down the route of commenting on "the infrastructure" that now sees Stewart Dickson as a co-promoter at Leicester and what went on there, but they obviously went to the Mike Ashley School of Business, a case of "I'm all right Jack" "fox you"

Further and for the record I am not sure anyone from the Workington promotion called anyone a "Bar Steward" and they certainly haven't upset the BSPA as far as I am aware and you have answered your own question you clown "Laura and her partners pour money (that she (nor they) can probably ill afford) down the drain that is Workington speedway." This is due to the fact that they do not have the disposable cash to "Bank Roll" the club, its got feck all to do with being good at business Speedway as a business is virtually redundant and as countless people on here have pointed out. "unless there are changes there will be more casualties than Worky " Honest

Having the disposable cash to "Pish it up agin a wall" and not give a "rats ass" on what you spend; and not care whether the business is profitable or not is one thing' and good luck if you can afford to do this; however trying to run a business model where there is a culture of being shafted by your fellow competitors (not wanting to come on originally agreed dates for a start) on a reducing turnover with increasing costs is another. Oh and here's a thought; the Newcastle promotion got a parliamentary group set up for Speedway for continuous promotion of the sport at a national level so "Eggheads" is right up there with that like eh" so a can see where you are coming from!!!. I remember when a team from Carrillion were on there and look what happened to them!!! Dickheads more like; Honestly you have a cheek calling the Edinburgh lot "Smug" and to have a pop at Jenga and TaylorJ about their support of their chosen club (and I agree they can be somewhat embarrassing at times)  but this when the "Tiggs" have some of the most vociferous know nothing "Dickheads" imaginable on here is also a bit rich.

The offer is there come and see me before the Play off meeting at DP and I will get the beers and bites in (you can try the food at DP and post from experience for a change) or if you don't drink I can supply plenty of tea and coffee (Sorry we don't do Bucky unfortunately) but I can even supply a nice Malt, but this will be from the east coast which will probably prejudice you against drinking it. However we will depart as friends and you may learn a few home  truths that open your eyes not only about our sport but about your beloved promotion that you are so "sook" about.

Ask the lasses in the Programme or the 50/50 Draw Ticket Booths and they will point me out, look forward to meeting up with your good self; oh and if you go to the doctors and get a prescription for some "ursodeoxycholic acid" or ask for a "proton pump inhibitor" I think you will find it most beneficial

Regards
THJ

• Like 4

On 10/6/2018 at 10:22 AM, WorkyWorky said:

Please do your research before commenting on what does/does not happen at Workington. You clearly do not know much about the current promotion, or the efforts in place to help out this club. Yes there is a trust. No, THJ is not Hoggy. Laura has been nothing but brilliant for Workington Speedway, and has lived every fans dream of owning and running a club, although it has landed her in what is now a difficult place. 

This sport is dying, with every attempt made to revive it, actually losing more and more fans. Glasgow have been in our shoes before but no sympathy given. All jokes aside, you can do all the promoting you like up there, but it will be a miserable day when you have no teams left to race against. 

Enjoy it while it lasts, maybe on a different thread that involves your own club? 

Oh and a big congrats to the mighty monarchs. :cheers:

Hahaha

No Hoggy is the LFY (Little Fat Yorkshireman) I'm more the BFG (Big Fat Geordie)

But Hoggy will always tell you how it is; quite honestly and forthright; and has more knowledge than most with regard to the finer points of Speedway and its promotion or lack of, not only does he have quite forthright views some of them are good ideas as well!!! He is approachable and will talk to anyone (and if you buy him a pint you will have his ear for at least oh 5 or 6 minutes) (but don't expect one back!!! Like the Scottish the kindly Yorkshire folk are not renown for splashing the cash)

Regards
THJ

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jseezw . you are :rolleyes: one mean parent chucker . 

Edited by jenga
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

You haven't got a clue pal, come and look me up when you come down and I will put you in the picture, and as the Workington Trust facilitator I have the ideas just not the disposable cash to put them into action, (and I am not short of a bob or two) however, you may know some of the ideas like spending £200k+ on advertisement of the sport to put an additional 64/66 on the crowd, so even if we call it 70 who then spend £25 each on a match day that's £35,000 back in the coffers over the season for a £200K expenditure, so yep that makes good business sense doesn't it? and I wont go down the salary root as that just makes a mockery of the sport when a guy makes more riding in Scotland for a championship club than Poland, or a 3 point reserve gets a better deal than other clubs No 1? so yes make no bones about it  "Bank Rolling the club", (which is exactly what is happening) and that is only bad when its to the detriment of all others isn't it. (which is also exactly what is happening) I also wont go down the route of commenting on "the infrastructure" that now sees Stewart Dickson as a co-promoter at Leicester and what went on there, but they obviously went to the Mike Ashley School of Business, a case of "I'm all right Jack" "fox you"

Further and for the record I am not sure anyone from the Workington promotion called anyone a "Bar Steward" and they certainly haven't upset the BSPA as far as I am aware and you have answered your own question you clown "Laura and her partners pour money (that she (nor they) can probably ill afford) down the drain that is Workington speedway." This is due to the fact that they do not have the disposable cash to "Bank Roll" the club, its got feck all to do with being good at business Speedway as a business is virtually redundant and as countless people on here have pointed out. "unless there are changes there will be more casualties than Worky " Honest

Having the disposable cash to "Pish it up agin a wall" and not give a "rats ass" on what you spend; and not care whether the business is profitable or not is one thing' and good luck if you can afford to do this; however trying to run a business model where there is a culture of being shafted by your fellow competitors (not wanting to come on originally agreed dates for a start) on a reducing turnover with increasing costs is another. Oh and here's a thought; the Newcastle promotion got a parliamentary group set up for Speedway for continuous promotion of the sport at a national level so "Eggheads" is right up there with that like eh" so a can see where you are coming from!!!. I remember when a team from Carrillion were on there and look what happened to them!!! Dickheads more like; Honestly you have a cheek calling the Edinburgh lot "Smug" and to have a pop at Jenga and TaylorJ about their support of their chosen club (and I agree they can be somewhat embarrassing at times)  but this when the "Tiggs" have some of the most vociferous know nothing "Dickheads" imaginable on here is also a bit rich.

The offer is there come and see me before the Play off meeting at DP and I will get the beers and bites in (you can try the food at DP and post from experience for a change) or if you don't drink I can supply plenty of tea and coffee (Sorry we don't do Bucky unfortunately) but I can even supply a nice Malt, but this will be from the east coast which will probably prejudice you against drinking it. However we will depart as friends and you may learn a few home  truths that open your eyes not only about our sport but about your beloved promotion that you are so "sook" about.

Ask the lasses in the Programme or the 50/50 Draw Ticket Booths and they will point me out, look forward to meeting up with your good self; oh and if you go to the doctors and get a prescription for some "ursodeoxycholic acid" or ask for a "proton pump inhibitor" I think you will find it most beneficial

Regards
THJ

In the interests of harmony I'm out of here. Thanks for calling some of us Dick heads its really appreciated especially coming from someone with such mastery of the English language and worth a few bob - give my regards to steve.

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

In the interests of harmony I'm out of here. Thanks for calling some of us Dick heads its really appreciated especially coming from someone with such mastery of the English language and worth a few bob - give my regards to Steve.

Honestly

Pleased I could find words that you could comprehend, understand and finally reached your level as some of the more subtle more well chosen jibes obviously went over your head. To be fair you come on here spouting off like you're the official Glasgow/BSPA spokesperson and to be honest you do not have a clue what the situation is, not now, not going forward, what is being proposed  and the challenges clubs who can not draw in crowds to cover costs or not being bankrolled have to face.

I don't think the Rye House failure sadly will be the last, the issues Workington face have been well highlighted, however other clubs are feeling the pinch, on top of financial worries Edinburgh look like they will finally loose their home with Armadale going to the developers, Redcar who have one of the best sites for Speedway in the country look like they are in trouble for different reasons, and hand on heart the whole thing is a mess.

At a BSPA meeting in the none to distant past the 21 Championship and Premiership teams (as was then) were asked to be honest and raise their hands if they we making a profit and only two clubs did (and Glasgow wasn't one of them) and some of the story's with regard to losses and how much teams were having to be subsidised (or Bank Rolled) were staggering but no one seems to want to wake up and smell the coffee.

I had an exchange of emails with Len Silver at the start of the season and I didn't agree with much of what Len had to say (Speedway seems to be like that with strong opinions) but I must be honest now and state that much of what he did say has come to fruition and I think much of what he was suggesting will need to be adopted if the sport is to survive and I take my hat off to him with what he has achieved in the sport and he has years of experience to call upon, as did the late Bob Duggard who was another who was a grand statesman within the sport, however look at how the clubs they are/were involved with have developed.

Godfrey and Chapman (wrongly in my view) get lambasted on here at times but believe me they are realists and understand the issues within the sport better than most and they will try their utmost to make the sport viable and sustainable, but my personal view is it will be a long and hard road with a few more casualties along the way with possibly fundamental changes in the sport that will possibly alienate more fans, I sincerely hope I am wrong.

Oh and as I am "King of the Dickheads" that drink and a bite is still on offer (my shout) should you travel South of the Border and I will also tell you a story about a guy who was picked on by a clown for years and to gain his revenge he went to the "School of Sparkling Wit and Repartee"; you may be surprised as to what his answer was to said clown.

Finally whose Steve, as you have tried Jacko, Hoggy and one or two others, you will be accusing me of being Laura next.

Regards
THJ

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Regards
THJ

Is this your opinion if so coming from one who portrays himself to be in the know this is in extremely poor taste , I am sure most of my fellow Tigers fans will feel the same I am actually surprised at that comment as you usually put what you have to say across pretty well generally so to call a certain fan base dickheads is poor.