jenga

Workington 2018 .

2 minutes ago, shazza13 said:

Ha ha scissor sisters of evil ... hmmm who are they then??? :rofl:

I wonder .....B) god knows who he means :unsure::D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taylorj said:

I wonder .....B) god knows who he means :unsure::D

better ask him when you are up at Glasgow. he ...he .....  hee .... titter  ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

and what makes this worse is when it was first mentioned a few years ago speedway crowd was much bigger than it is now 

so theres someone involved that is anti speedway 

10 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Is there a job on offer like? I'm available for either end if the pay is right

Regards
THJ

No I just wondered if you'd gone through life making no end of an ass of yourself

16 hours ago, Taylorj said:

Seeing the "Times and Star" clipping that Laura shared on Facebook , I can't believe they are going ahead with a new stadium for the "two biggest" :nono: sports in Workington , Reds and Rugby , just casting aside Workington Speedway , its disgraceful, no disrepect to Town and the Red's but surely Workington needs all 3 in the town, considering we probably pulling in the biggest crowd and the most successful this season :angry:

Without being unduly pessimistic, the issues around the Comets finances are well known and there was no guarantee whatsoever that they would run this season, never mind next.

Why build a stadium incorporating a speedway track when there maybe no speedway team to use it ? :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Without being unduly pessimistic, the issues around the Comets finances are well known and there was no guarantee whatsoever that they would run this season, never mind next.

Why build a stadium incorporating a speedway track when there maybe no speedway team to use it ? :(

Ya not wrong? Unfortunately

Regards
THJ

16 hours ago, Byker Biker said:

No I just wondered if you'd gone through life making no end of an ass of yourself

Hahahahaha PMSL All my life pall but as it goes in life I get knocked down and I always get up again

Regards
THJ

8 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Hahahahaha PMSL All my life pall but as it goes in life I get knocked down and I always get up again

Regards
THJ

I thought you knew the gag, it goes with the clown and the art of repartee

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Byker Biker said:

I thought you knew the gag, it goes with the clown and the art of repartee

PM'ed back, "Same size just a different colour"

Aw now don't start that LOL cos that's a totally different story, 

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling,

52 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

PM'ed back, "Same size just a different colour"

Aw now don't start that LOL cos that's a totally different story, 

Regards
THJ

Listen, it's a lot funnier than what's going on in the sport right now!

• Like 2

Last Saturday spent hours at Seascale beach with Son and Granddaughter kicking stones......dying to be hit by some flying shale....now all I can hear is 'anti-speedway stuff' battering the house windows...it's just not fair (pardon pun)..

• Like 2

I see we are at scunny next sun in some final i thought fri was their race day ? They must have got special permission to race off someone on the bspa in the best interests of the sport ohh wait a minute isnt that a mr godfrey opps .

On 10/10/2018 at 1:09 PM, Taylorj said:

Seeing the "Times and Star" clipping that Laura shared on Facebook , I can't believe they are going ahead with a new stadium for the "two biggest" :nono: sports in Workington , Reds and Rugby , just casting aside Workington Speedway , its disgraceful, no disrepect to Town and the Red's but surely Workington needs all 3 in the town, considering we probably pulling in the biggest crowd and the most successful this season :angry:

I spoke to a local councillor about this. The reason no speedway has been included in the plans is that the Comets can’t commit to a long term lease. Town and Reds have agreed to sign a 50 year lease each. They are therefore not going to add significant extra cost to the stadium project by incorporating something that may not get used in future. 

• Like 2