British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

48 minutes ago, Whisperer said:

that no bstard would accept a fixture !

everyone else can see the problem, its just the over the border minnions that cant/wont do INglish ! and want a diversion to detract away from their underperforming team .

1 hour ago, Whisperer said:

that no bstard would accept a fixture !

Maybe their trying to tell you something if nobody wants to come[  YOU MIGHT BE TO GOOD FOR THEM OR :nono:  ]

Edited by MANSE

2 hours ago, jenga said:

so what is that proving ?

Will try and explain he called all teams B---------for not coming to race a fixture in Ap, May and June, but we came so I said we should not be called a B--------  hope that helps

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MANSE said:

Will try and explain he called all teams B---------for not coming to race a fixture in Ap, May and June, but we came so I said we should not be called a B--------  hope that helps

i take it was an original fixture then .  so maybe you are nor bar people after all .!

4 hours ago, MANSE said:

Not posting on your own thread ?? Edinburgh v Glasgow .....:rofl: only sing when you’re winning you lot , early night for GazC and Sharpenrake too I see :icon_smile_clown: :lol: !! 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Not posting on your own thread ?? Edinburgh v Glasgow .....:rofl: only sing when you’re winning you lot , early night for GazC and Sharpenrake too I see :icon_smile_clown: :lol: !! 

Babies need their sleep .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jenga said:

Babies need their sleep .

No we are Merchant Bankers according to Hoggy

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MANSE said:

No we are Merchant Bankers according to Hoggy

everyone is good at something or other , me ? i am good @ . nowt  . but i am good @ it `1 LOL.

22 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

What a load of "sanctimonious crepe" you couldn't give a "fat rat's ass"

Loads of Money corrupt Tory attitude cos you have a couple of guys prepared to bankroll your club of choice

22 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Awwww Man

Got all the craic and emails off Jacko last night to put over once and for all; a comprehensive post with the proof and reasoned arguments with all the details as to why the Comets had blank Fridays and Saturdays and what do you know "Byker Biker" summed it up in his first post on this matter with 7 well chosen words that even a thick "Jock" should be able to understand "'cos no bstard would accept a fixture!" brilliant, concise and in a nutshell spot on.

have shortened these pieces of bilious nonsense to save boredom but also to make it clear who I am responding to. lets do a bit of compare and contrast. 2 successful business men with money invest in land/stadium and speedway team. Crowds treble at a time when other clubs are down to the hard core. This is described  as bank rolling the club as if that is bad. meanwhile an unfortunate lady who suffers shocking injuries uses her money to try and save a team. in this case investing money is obviously good. The business men surround themselves with people who have ran the club in the past, welcome other business men as sponsors, make fans welcome and encourage them to get involved in a positive manner. these fans end up developing the best social media service in UK speedway, undertake post match interviews for broadcast on facebook, help establish a weekly local radio show about speedway(!) and get national publicity for speedway on the BBCs Eggheads quiz show to name just some of the initiatives. Meanwhile Laura does her best with Jacko and another chap (probably THJ). They have fans like taylorj and jenga. Laura and her partners pour money that she can probably ill afford down the drain that is Workington speedway. Presumably jacko and co are well respected but for some reason other teams are not willing to try and help (apparently). What has Laura or Jacko done to upset the BSPA, apart from apparently calling fellow clubs 'bar stewards'? What did the SCB say about this, what was Workys Plan B, are your fans getting together and forming a trust? Come on THJ you know all the answers! Meanwhile poor laura and her partners are leaking money as opposed to bankrolling the club and the most constructive thing I've read on here by a fan was make the food better! But never mind remember bankrolling is 'bad', pouring good money after bad is 'good'. You couldn't make it up 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

have shortened these pieces of bilious nonsense to save boredom but also to make it clear who I am responding to. lets do a bit of compare and contrast. 2 successful business men with money invest in land/stadium and speedway team. Crowds treble at a time when other clubs are down to the hard core. This is described  as bank rolling the club as if that is bad. meanwhile an unfortunate lady who suffers shocking injuries uses her money to try and save a team. in this case investing money is obviously good. The business men surround themselves with people who have ran the club in the past, welcome other business men as sponsors, make fans welcome and encourage them to get involved in a positive manner. these fans end up developing the best social media service in UK speedway, undertake post match interviews for broadcast on facebook, help establish a weekly local radio show about speedway(!) and get national publicity for speedway on the BBCs Eggheads quiz show to name just some of the initiatives. Meanwhile Laura does her best with Jacko and another chap (probably THJ). They have fans like taylorj and jenga. Laura and her partners pour money that she can probably ill afford down the drain that is Workington speedway. Presumably jacko and co are well respected but for some reason other teams are not willing to try and help (apparently). What has Laura or Jacko done to upset the BSPA, apart from apparently calling fellow clubs 'bar stewards'? What did the SCB say about this, what was Workys Plan B, are your fans getting together and forming a trust? Come on THJ you know all the answers! Meanwhile poor laura and her partners are leaking money as opposed to bankrolling the club and the most constructive thing I've read on here by a fan was make the food better! But never mind remember bankrolling is 'bad', pouring good money after bad is 'good'. You couldn't make it up 

Please do your research before commenting on what does/does not happen at Workington. You clearly do not know much about the current promotion, or the efforts in place to help out this club. Yes there is a trust. No, THJ is not Hoggy. Laura has been nothing but brilliant for Workington Speedway, and has lived every fans dream of owning and running a club, although it has landed her in what is now a difficult place. 

This sport is dying, with every attempt made to revive it, actually losing more and more fans. Glasgow have been in our shoes before but no sympathy given. All jokes aside, you can do all the promoting you like up there, but it will be a miserable day when you have no teams left to race against. 

Enjoy it while it lasts, maybe on a different thread that involves your own club? 

Oh and a big congrats to the mighty monarchs. :cheers:

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, WorkyWorky said:

Please do your research before commenting on what does/does not happen at Workington. You clearly do not know much about the current promotion, or the efforts in place to help out this club. Yes there is a trust. No, THJ is not Hoggy. Laura has been nothing but brilliant for Workington Speedway, and has lived every fans dream of owning and running a club, although it has landed her in what is now a difficult place. 

This sport is dying, with every attempt made to revive it, actually losing more and more fans. Glasgow have been in our shoes before but no sympathy given. All jokes aside, you can do all the promoting you like up there, but it will be a miserable day when you have no teams left to race against. 

Enjoy it while it lasts, maybe on a different thread that involves your own club? 

Oh and a big congrats to the mighty monarchs. :cheers:

all those words are true .  

a local rugby club have just been saved from bankruptcy as announced it the local rag . so its not just speedway that is suffering fan drain !

Glasgow may have larger crowds than most team , but  the fact is that they are giving away free tickets to make the crowd look bigger. bigger it is , but a good % of those dont pay and therefore Glasgow speedway lose money by giving away free entry , just to make the stadium look full . but they lose money .with regards to the good media offered by the tigers people . just when are we going to see ANY footage on the tigers t.v. of Workingtons brilliant victory @ Glasgow . they only broadcast the good home results ! shades of the hitler days maybe .

congrats on the cup lose . will there be a vid on that ?

Edited by jenga

1 hour ago, jenga said:

all those words are true .  

a local rugby club have just been saved from bankruptcy as announced it the local rag . so its not just speedway that is suffering fan drain !

Glasgow may have larger crowds than most team , but  the fact is that they are giving away free tickets to make the crowd look bigger. bigger it is , but a good % of those dont pay and therefore Glasgow speedway lose money by giving away free entry , just to make the stadium look full . but they lose money .with regards to the good media offered by the tigers people . just when are we going to see ANY footage on the tigers t.v. of Workingtons brilliant victory @ Glasgow . they only broadcast the good home results ! shades of the hitler days maybe .

congrats on the cup lose . will there be a vid on that ?

Free tickets were a controlled marketing initiative to try and attract new fans and even if they didn't come back they spent money on food and drink, raffle tickets. Not been used this year, try and keep up 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Free tickets were a controlled marketing initiative to try and attract new fans and even if they didn't come back they spent money on food and drink, raffle tickets. Not been used this year, try and keep up 

i will do my best .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1