British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

I feel for the new riders.

Dan, Kyle, Mason and Ty will all improve there averages this season without a doubt in my opinion.

Trouble is Klindt Rene and Rasmus won't keep their starting average all three are poor signings. I doubt there was much else available but to start by getting Dan and Kyle and getting Mason at reserve looked so promising but that has been ruined by signing riders who have no improvement in them after trying for years at this level.

Not liking the reports of Klint being just a gater or does nothing. As a promotion that's the last type of rider you want in your team. Rene beats himself by complaining of everything bar himself.

human beings , cant work with them , wont work without them .

so throw some names in the pot and lets see what you come up with !

if you are a worky supporter  , support the team . as long as they all put on a good show

and dont do a sarj on us . i will be there and happy .

so lets have your team then !

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jenga said:

easy chaps and lady chaps . we are all in this together .

thats to scarramanga and taylorj . ....phillipsr stop stirring it . get bach to york and learn to swim !

Sorry i thought this was a forum where people could express there opinion... mine is this doesnt look a great team.. strong reserve but i cant see who’s winning races often enough for you.. not sure thats a really out there opinion to be honest. 

57 minutes ago, GMM said:

I feel for the new riders.

Dan, Kyle, Mason and Ty will all improve there averages this season without a doubt in my opinion.

Trouble is Klindt Rene and Rasmus won't keep their starting average all three are poor signings. I doubt there was much else available but to start by getting Dan and Kyle and getting Mason at reserve looked so promising but that has been ruined by signing riders who have no improvement in them after trying for years at this level.

Not liking the reports of Klint being just a gater or does nothing. As a promotion that's the last type of rider you want in your team. Rene beats himself by complaining of everything bar himself.

I think you might be wrong about Jensen & Bach. They're better than those averages.

As to the other 4, I think you are right.

23 minutes ago, jenga said:

human beings , cant work with them , wont work without them .

so throw some names in the pot and lets see what you come up with !

if you are a worky supporter  , support the team . as long as they all put on a good show

and dont do a sarj on us . i will be there and happy .

so lets have your team then !

Cutting back on fixtures this season but have just spoken to my chauffeur about our 2018 journeys to the Wild West.

Wouldn't be the same without a few trips up to Dodge City.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, jenga said:

LOL . what makes you think that is Workingtons riding order ? only 1,6 and 7 are correct .

klink could be @ 2 or  even reserve @ one time !

the person who put this on the team 2018 line up,s is not the person who will be deciding the line up .

Perhaps to be clearer I should have said interesting guess at what the riding order might be - thought it was obvious this being a forum that it was a fans opinion and not an official riding order I was responding to.....thanks for clearing that up in case anyone else was confused ;)

hard to suggest where klindt might end up in the team - think reserve is unlikely but doubt he’ll be at no.1 all year - I just thought it was interesting that different people saw quite different orders for the same lineup - some team lineups the pairings kind of pick themselves - never a bad thing to have options and versatility in pairings.

38 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Perhaps to be clearer I should have said interesting guess at what the riding order might be - thought it was obvious this being a forum that it was a fans opinion and not an official riding order I was responding to.....thanks for clearing that up in case anyone else was confused ;)

hard to suggest where klindt might end up in the team - think reserve is unlikely but doubt he’ll be at no.1 all year - I just thought it was interesting that different people saw quite different orders for the same lineup - some team lineups the pairings kind of pick themselves - never a bad thing to have options and versatility in pairings.

its okay . didnt mean to sort of nasty or anything .

kenneth hansen was at number 1 a few seasons ago and then had a few weeks @ reserve . the averages were close , plus kenneth went through a sticky patch . but we stuck with him , unlike peterborough who binned him on the way home after an away meeting  .

5 minutes ago, jenga said:

its okay . didnt mean to sort of nasty or anything .

kenneth hansen was at number 1 a few seasons ago and then had a few weeks @ reserve . the averages were close , plus kenneth went through a sticky patch . but we stuck with him , unlike peterborough who binned him on the way home after an away meeting  .

Yes true, what a move that was, Chris Harris was brilliant helping Panthers win the ko cup and the fours , that wouldn't have happened with Hansen who when he was able to put in a performance was only a shadow of the rider who guested for Panthers in 2016. What did loyalty to your riders win you last season.

Plenty of the predictable annual defensiveness when people don't rate a team :D get a grip people, it's a discussion forum.

Almost any of these riders could end up as number one, hopefully it'll be Bewley. Early on there looks like few race winners away from home but solid outfit nonetheless.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Taylorj said:

Come back in October and then make judgement:rolleyes:, until then you haven't a bloody clue how any of the riders are going to do , all if's and but's as with any team. take for example Glasgow have put out very strong teams over last seasons and won a KOC title , that's it ...its not what's on paper that counts

100% correct I really like the look of this team Dan should really kick on to  around the 7 point mark this year and Campton at reserve is a trump card.

• Like 1

all this negativity about your team.i still think that you have a solid strength in depth team so for goodness sake get behind your boys and stop whingeing and just be grateful that you have a team to support.

I don't detect much negativity from true Comets fans at all - on the contrary, I think we are generally pleased with the new line up and delighted we have speedway in Workington again in 2018.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Yes true, what a move that was, Chris Harris was brilliant helping Panthers win the ko cup and the fours , that wouldn't have happened with Hansen who when he was able to put in a performance was only a shadow of the rider who guested for Panthers in 2016. What did loyalty to your riders win you last season.

LOADS OF RESPECT FROM THE RIDERS  . where is harris now then ? 

anyhow thats water under the bridge now .

glasgow falling into the trap like panthers did with kenneth . a few good meetings as a gueast and you wanted him big time . starkie does a decent job in the c.l.rc and he becomes the next big thing .. we all have to sit back and hope , dont we .

1 hour ago, Moranboys said:

all this negativity about your team.i still think that you have a solid strength in depth team so for goodness sake get behind your boys and stop whingeing and just be grateful that you have a team to support.

only slight negative from any conected to Workington is regarding klindt  

its the posts from fans of other teams that are negative  which could be there trying a bit of propaganda as there really worried this team of no hopers and 2nd strings are gonna turn them over 

Edited by scaramanga
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

only slight negative from any conected to Workington is regarding klindt  

its the posts from fans of other teams that are negative  which could be there trying a bit of propaganda as there really worried this team of no hopers and 2nd strings are gonna turn them over 

no propaganda here scare.as I've said before, give kind a chance as i,m sure he will be a welcome addition.as for getting turned over i won't even answer that one.all i know is that no workington fan should be even thinking of criticising the make up of your team.think positive.costs nothing.

• Like 2