British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Scotty is in! Jenga will be pleased :lol:

hopfuly , scott will have brought his winter kevs. ( the ones with the built in hot water bottles ) really looking forward to seeing him ride . love oystercard as well . his time as workington was good for him and us .

sorry to say the sofa is taken for the overnight stay on the 31st . cats not moving for anyone. but garage is available with boiler inside , but no rads . 

1 minute ago, jenga said:

but garage is available with boiler inside , but no rads . 

Does the wife know you call her that? :D

• Like 1

errr , cut , she will have to have great ears

Ben Barker, Rory Sclein and Simon Lambert named as the last 3 riders for the Cumberland Open.  Season ticket holders from any club pay only £10 admission, good line up too.

Edited by comet49
  • Thanks 1

so who was rearing the number 5 race jacket today @ practice ?

1 hour ago, jenga said:

so who was rearing the number 5 race jacket today @ practice ?

Nicolai Klindt, Rasmus 2 and Dan 4.

Edited by comet49
  • Like 1

thanks comet 49

interesting vid with jason doyle on his twitter a/c  about PRACTICE and RACING . two totally diff things !

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Workington Reds and Workington Town are in discussions with the council about playing in one stadium. I’ve heard talk tonight it would be a new stadium and that Reds (football) wouldn’t want a track between them and the fans. It’s headlines in the local rag but not on their website yet. No mention of the Comets. 

• Haha 1

relax . it will never happen .

like it or not , we are in a recession . Allerdale are trying to raise income and cut costs at the same time .

to have two teams in one ground will reduce income to themselves and lookinf at it i think both the rugby and football stadiums are built on flood plains . so no new houses can be built at either ground . i think i am right !

any how , a special good luck to kyle b on his championship season @ wucky . just go with the flow and ask , ask advice ALL the time from the other guys .

dont get downhearted on sat if things dont go according to plan cos its a good field of riders you are mixing it with .

looking forward to the first meeting and hope every rider has a good shake down and builds up their confidence for the meetings ahead .

god , that Bewley kid looks shot hot !

see you all on Saturday .

• Like 1

15 hours ago, comet49 said:

Workington Reds and Workington Town are in discussions with the council about playing in one stadium. I’ve heard talk tonight it would be a new stadium and that Reds (football) wouldn’t want a track between them and the fans. It’s headlines in the local rag but not on their website yet. No mention of the Comets. 

Had to laugh at this Comet49, what fans are they talking about?? :blink:

Considering that the council own and subsequently "let" the grounds to both clubs how have both been allowed to become the "s**tholes" they are yet still expect the paying punters to cough up top dollar to stand in them?? :mad:

Many clubs have nice tidy grounds and have had for many years, it's what encourages people to come too them, clean and modern facilities, perhaps if the council and clubs had promoted better use of funds into their grounds, and both have had, these facilites could have been improved many years ago to the benefit of both, bit late in the day to think about this now and as Jenga says "it'll never happen" ;)

Perhaps not but if outside investment came in who knows. There was an article last week about a businessman from Salford saying Cumbria should have Super League.  I passed a new stadium (2012) on Sunday very near to the M60 motorway where Salford and Sale play. Can't see Town and Whitehaven merging, the meeting with the council was a Reds initiative.

Marwan Koukash, that guy takes no s**t from anyone so if he was looking to invest in a SL side for Cumbria it would take a brave man to say "no" too him?

That's what I mean C49, new facilities springing up everywhere, the problem we have is that the sport on offer doesn't justify the spend involved, far too parochial in these parts to merge Town/Haven or even develop a SL team via imports/outside the county players etc as they would then only argue about the location of the stadium instead? :rolleyes:

The time for a new stadium at DP was in the days when we had a SL side and could have benefited from the crowds at the time, the directors had the golden egg, unfortunately.........they dropped it? :cry:

I think the only time any new stadium would be built in Workington would be as and when the Comets fold and it's no longer an issue as to who to satisfy, then, one ground for two teams working on the same field dimensions is a cinch!! ;)

didnt workington town recently renew or extend there lease ?

i could see a possibility of it happening sometime  but it would be at 1 off the 2 grounds as theres no way there is enough money to build a new purpose built stadium

its just some council talk you know the type 1 that opens there mouth while what brain they have is in sleep mode

all 3 rugby football and speedway at the moment are not cost efective clubs/teams none of them can pay the bills on gate money alone

• Like 1

We've been down this road before,the last one a few years ago,a 10,000 seater stadium was being planned including computer graphic pictures,but as usual nothing came of it,as many have said what is the point if the demand isn't there,it would be another white elephant,but that's Cumbria County council all over experts at wasting public money

• Like 3

I doubt Super League rugby would be cost effective without Sky money, not panicking, no point. Looks like good dry weather for Saturday, roll on. 

• Like 2