British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

the workington team will be built around NON double uppers and if ant d/u are in the team. laura will make sure WE have first dibs on any rider .

with regards the G.P.s , i am sure most ,if not all have ways and means of recording from their T.V.

onwards and even further upwards for the worky promotion . roll on 2018 ...

D/U shouldn't be a problem next year as there won't be any clashes between Premiership/Championship fixtures as they all race on different nights ( apart from possibly Swindon on the odd thursday they need to use.

He had the 3rd highest away average in the Championship in 2017, with Cookie not riding Championship that will make him 2nd (to Grajczonek), the only reasons Bombers average was not much higher was his home scores and he's rarely been that great at Peterborough. Ride a home track he likes and can score well on each week and he'll put his average up, something you can't say for many other 9 point men.[/quote

Disagree with you on that one, Bomber is a class act around Peterborough most of the time.

• Like 1

absolutely bloody ludicrous.why is it one rule for scunthorpe and glasgow and sod the rest.nothing to do with the relevant promoters being on the board of course.makes my blood boil.i thought that the whole idea was not to lose clubs and potentially workington could be lost to the league.have these people who have come to this decision lost their minds?good luck laura and i hope that you can come to mutual ground on this but wouldn't,t be surprised if you didn't.you have been treated appallingly

They shouldn't run tbh. Would struggle financially.

why shouldn't they.they obviously think that they can albeit with a change of race night

• Like 2

They shouldn't run tbh. Would struggle financially.

That's for them to decide.

If a large enough sponsor(s) can be found, then they might not struggle financially, making it totally viable to run in 2018.

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 2

glasgow were granted a change of race night last season so they should be last on the list to change again never mind being so close to edinbrugh who allready run fridays

but in comets corner its been proved saturday is the most popular with fans at least it wasyears back

maybe a switch to friday would work but they were talking wednesdays which would have been suicide for the club

Edited by scarra

That's harsh coming from a Poole fan that are based light years away from Workington.

Don't forget he is a panthers fan to. 😜

glasgow were granted a change of race night last season so they should be last on the list to change again never mind being so close to edinbrugh who allready run fridays

but in comets corner its been proved saturday is the most popular with fans at least it wasyears back

maybe a switch to friday would work but they were talking wednesdays which would have been suicide for the club

I wonder what the criteria are for change of night. Given that Glasgow changed last season and Workington have seniority over Scunthorpe, I'd say the Comets should have priority.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 3

so , we cant race on Fridays, but yet craig who is in the G.P.s has already said that he will NOT be @ workington in 2018 could be the reason we dont run next season .

what would you rather see . a local team racing LIVE in workington or craig ( a great lad ) riding in the G.P.s on tv on a saturdeay when you can attend live speedway saturday and also record it and watch it later on in the night or sunday ..

i just wonder how we managed it when stoney was in it !

come on laura , stop mucking about and get that leach off your back . in or out , but dont drag it out like a game of cludo ...the fans

will respect you more for it .its a decision ONLY you can make . but its your decision .

I wonder what the criteria are for change of night. Given that Glasgow changed last season and Workington have seniority over Scunthorpe, I'd say the Comets should have priority.

he or she with the biggest purse wins .

i dont know why i bother with this sport and its sh1te .

may as well throw the towel in now.

if it ant the bspa/scb killing it , its other folk . .

..................................................................................................................................

DANGLE THE CARROT ONCE TOO OFTEN AND IT WILL BE TAKEN FRON YOU .. hittin frustration again . unbooked my taxi for saturday nights now . wont get one on fridays as it will be too busy .. missin in action !

Edited by jenga

Dont know whAt time the rugby or if its even on a Saturday but starting at 3pm on a Saturday when the GP is on and having the GP on in the bar after it would be a big money spinner

• Like 1

so , we cant race on Fridays, but yet craig who is in the G.P.s has already said that he will NOT be @ workington in 2018 could be the reason we dont run next season .what would you rather see . a local team racing LIVE in workington or craig ( a great lad ) riding in the G.P.s on tv on a saturdeay when you can attend live speedway saturday and also record it and watch it later on in the night or sunday ..i just wonder how we managed it when stoney was in it !come on laura , stop mucking about and get that leach off your back . in or out , but dont drag it out like a game of cludo ...the fanswill respect you more for it .its a decision ONLY you can make . but its your decision .he or she with the biggest purse wins .

Your right ,Cook has already said he is not riding at Workington next season so that should not come into the equation.

Don't forget he is a panthers fan to.

I don't care where he's from or who he supports , he has no right to make those kind of statements unless he can provide financial statistics to back up what he is saying, harsh was a polite way of telling him he should back off.

• Like 1

You are right...but he can't help himself..he is the forum troll..often found following the panthers unfortunately for you all.