British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

SHH  scaramange . dont tell anyone about the dishwater that was served as tea or coffee . oopps too late .

yes some of the promotion do ignore fans issues . saturdays issues are the latest . mr whitehead is very unapproachable . speak to him and you are banned for having an opinion ..

but nice to see that some members are on the same page as the fans ..

1 minute ago, jenga said:

SHH  scaramange . dont tell anyone about the dishwater that was served as tea or coffee . oopps too late .

yes some of the promotion do ignore fans issues . saturdays issues are the latest . mr whitehead is very unapproachable . speak to him and you are banned for having an opinion ..

but nice to see that some members are on the same page as the fans ..

I am a paying fan.. I am a member of the trust trying to help the future of workington speedway.. a trust which anyone can be involved in BTW...

• Like 1

we all know you and others do try and help

we also know theres others who will try stir things up even when what there saying is obviously wrong and incorrect

its a shame this exciting sport is run by people who cant be talked too

and it seams its most or all tracks thats the same

2 hours ago, comet49 said:

Oh dear, on local news programme.  “Workington Comets rider Charles Wright came second in the Cumberland  Open”.....

Thank god for that C49 I thought I was hearing things!! :D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, shazza13 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news if u like Lord Lucan but £2.50 will be the programme price this season... it was announced at meet the riders thatJacko wanted to bring back a proper programme this season..24 colour pages. Unfortunately the price is determined by printing costs.  

Thank You Shazza......that is very disappointing of you!! :D

1 thing i will say about the press

it was nice to see a report on the news and start website shortly after the meeting

we need the press to do there part

but it works both ways the promotion need to find a reliable contact in the media and share infomation with them

• Like 1

shazza13, sorry forgot to put your quote on  ...... .i done my speedway trust thing loooong time ago @ workington . i know its not cheap to run .

Edited by jenga

Positives - good line up and some cracking racing from alot of the lads, good to see Mason look good on track to he impressed me in his early few rides looked the best I’ve seen him in a while good to see

Steve Lawson and his team done a great job of the track with minimal disruptions to the meeting top job

Negatives - Why can’t we start on time ? I’m a hardcore fan who’s been since 99 and I put up with it but others won’t - it was freezing and the first night back (impress possible new fans) so why do we roll bikes out at about  7:10 / 7:15 whatever it was why? We done it last year and continue to do it ... if this is the case please state 7:30 start time?

Coffee on the second bend was basically a health hazard never tasted anything like it in my life! 

But despite the negatives I love my Speedway and enjoyed the racing, fingers crossed injuries aside I’d like to think our team can push for the playoffs lots of potential 

Edited by stoneylegend

Hope everything turns out well. With Steve Lawson there every week and doing the track young Mr Bewley will be nigh unbeatable around worky. 

15 hours ago, scaramanga said:

i do agree some things are better delt with off forums but its there own fault they have shut down some methords of comuniaction and ignore other methords

thats it from me before i slip up and posible release a few facts that others would like kept quiet

You really wonder why they have closed down the Unofficial Forum , its not rocket science :rolleyes: the same couple of people using it for slanging abuse to the promotion . There's ways and means of getting your point across without starting doing the same on this Forum as well . Pop yourself along to the office and take jenga with you , for gods sake , we have only had 1 meeting and you're off all ready. We approached Steve in the bar afterwards and made our point known about the food . If people had gone to the Meet the Riders/management meeting they would have known about the new ticket system, programme prices . We all have opinions /pay our money but the continuous slating is just getting tiresome !!

• Like 2

i think a lot of comment on here were justified as the food and drink at both outlets were beyond belief . we , as human beings EXPECT to pay for  consumable  items that are bought from any retailer . 

these items were not fit for purpose . ie . to be consumed . 

its the fact that it was known to the management just after the meeting finished and there was no feedback from anyone involved . 

i go to speedway to be entertained , not poisoned . 

the speedway was good being the first meeting . crowd looked okay . but on a cold night . why the late start . dust un bends 1 moved the regulars from their normal perch .

Scaramanga and myself are prolific posters on this forum and will prob continue to be that . but the main thing is , is that we  go week in , week out .rain or shine . . without our posts , this workington forum would be dead. you will always get certain posters on forums most all of the time , its what they do .

people are entitled to air their views and in the hope that someone of higher stature takes notice , replies to the  post and reacts in a  way  by sorting  the problem out . cooking food is in the hands of the cooks . making a decent cuppa should be in the hands of a KETTLE  . then you know its should be okay to consume  

a 12 yr old could make better drinks . 

Saturday . Glasgow down on  Saturday  . they like to enjoy themselves , spend money and go home happy

lets see if we can make a killing while they are down ,cash wise and keep it right in months to come .

the return of my old mate . will he do a bach and ride like a demon or turn up and break tapes . 

so they closed the unofficial site down. so it did not have tech issues ?the core of speedway fans @ workington are just that . the core , . 

without the core , there is no apple to enjoy . 

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Taylorj said:

You really wonder why they have closed down the Unofficial Forum , its not rocket science :rolleyes: the same couple of people using it for slanging abuse to the promotion . There's ways and means of getting your point across without starting doing the same on this Forum as well . Pop yourself along to the office and take jenga with you , for gods sake , we have only had 1 meeting and you're off all ready. We approached Steve in the bar afterwards and made our point known about the food . If people had gone to the Meet the Riders/management meeting they would have known about the new ticket system, programme prices . We all have opinions /pay our money but the continuous slating is just getting tiresome !!

if they delt with the problems instead of ignoring them and telling lies

all would be ok

forums are there for to air your views

truth hurts but some cant rise above the truth and deal with the facts

they know who they are and we have spoke about it face to face

6 hours ago, Taylorj said:

some people dont have 9 to 5 jobs and cant always make such meetings

i wasnt there but i knew about the new ticket system a while ago

but untill you put it in place the problems arnt identified

as saturday was the first speedway meeting most wont have known how it was going to work

not much different for the grandstand users but for others its not the best setup

probably perfect for rugby

and you could always say if THE PROMOTION WOULD TALK MORE TO ALL FANS NOT JUST THE ONES WHO JUMP WHEN THE ASK  they could have placed post on this forum or made a bit off a promo for the local news and told others who cant always attend such meetings

i dont watch the news much as im usualy still at work or read the paper but i do look on the news and star website

the issue with the forum could easily have been made easier by the promotion joining in and answering problems instead of ignoring them

it works both ways

i understand they wernt happy but why wer more than a couple of fans posting negative coments

because the problems were and still are there

it is better than it was middle of last season

but the underlying arogance is still there

Edited by scaramanga

2 hours ago, comet49 said:

It was initially taken down for maintenance I believe. 

not according to tayloj it wasnt .