British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

2 hours ago, Argos said:

Is the local rag reporter a Mr Walsh ? 

Used to be, not now.

someone asked at the riders night if the forum would be back,  Laura said it was taken off for maintenance but they weren't sure if it would be back.  She hoped it wouldn't be because the negativity  could put would be sponsors off. 

Edited by comet49

was not me , i did not go !

15 hours ago, jenga said:

not according to tayloj it wasnt .

initially was for Maintenance but that much negativity you won't be seeing it anytime soon possibly never, which I understand as this Forum is just getting as bad :rolleyes:

23 hours ago, jenga said:

i think a lot of comment on here were justified as the food and drink at both outlets were beyond belief . we , as human beings EXPECT to pay for  consumable  items that are bought from any retailer . 

these items were not fit for purpose . ie . to be consumed . 

its the fact that it was known to the management just after the meeting finished and there was no feedback from anyone involved . 

i go to speedway to be entertained , not poisoned . 

the speedway was good being the first meeting . crowd looked okay . but on a cold night . why the late start . dust un bends 1 moved the regulars from their normal perch .

Scaramanga and myself are prolific posters on this forum and will prob continue to be that . but the main thing is , is that we  go week in , week out .rain or shine . . without our posts , this workington forum would be dead. you will always get certain posters on forums most all of the time , its what they do .

people are entitled to air their views and in the hope that someone of higher stature takes notice , replies to the  post and reacts in a  way  by sorting  the problem out . cooking food is in the hands of the cooks . making a decent cuppa should be in the hands of a KETTLE  . then you know its should be okay to consume  

a 12 yr old could make better drinks . 

Saturday . Glasgow down on  Saturday  . they like to enjoy themselves , spend money and go home happy

lets see if we can make a killing while they are down ,cash wise and keep it right in months to come .

the return of my old mate . will he do a bach and ride like a demon or turn up and break tapes . 

so they closed the unofficial site down. so it did not have tech issues ?the core of speedway fans @ workington are just that . the core , . 

without the core , there is no apple to enjoy . 

:lol::lol: You really think so ?? you're more deluded than I thought :D

• Like 1

14 hours ago, comet49 said:

someone asked at the riders night if the forum would be back,  Laura said it was taken off for maintenance but they weren't sure if it would be back.  She hoped it wouldn't be because the negativity  could put would be sponsors off. 

Clubs need a website nowadays,Social medium is everywhere not just speedway forum ,if comments are negative they need looked into and responded too if found to be harmful to the Club.

• Like 2

What's happened to freedom of speech your democratic right ?.

Thought it was just Scotland that has  Sturgeons nanny state with her storm troopers kicking doors in if you say something she doesn't like.

Looks like it's spreading.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Clubs need a website nowadays,Social medium is everywhere not just speedway forum ,if comments are negative they need looked into and responded too if found to be harmful to the Club.

Which they do, trouble is, it comes across as very lax in informing the general fans of any news      

Both the speedway and rugby share the same ground,  yet on the official rugby website it was announced they would be trialling a new admission procedure to access the ground. This was live on their website a good week prior to the opening fixture, yet on the Comets website, fans were only informed the day before.

Infact the rugby club were offering a £2 reduction on advanced ticket sales in the hope to help publicise the new access to the ground.

Edited by Gismo
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, comet49 said:

Used to be, not now.

Any idea we he doesn’t do it now, a few years ago I bumped into him in the Bar under the main Grandstand he seemed very knowledgeable on his Speedway and very passionate on his Comets, if I remember correctly he was also very interested it pigeons, big loss for the club 

John Walsh was a great servant to Speedway.  The way he would carry out his "master of ceremonies" role at any Comets function, can never be bettered in my opinion.  He had the knack of embracing the audience and carry out his role in a very professional way. 

However, he is not getting any younger as they say, and I think he is in his 70's now. So he is thinning out his involvement in sport, and sadly the Speedway part was never his first love. I think that coupled with a change in management several years ago, helped him to decide to take a back seat in relation to speedway. He still maintains a busy life, and if you ever seen him in town, he is always dashing here or there, will little time to spare to stop and chat !  Lol. 

Keep up the pace John...you are sadly missed at Derwent Park !

• Like 1

In relation to the catering issues :-

Laura did say at the "meet the riders night" that INITIALLY her unofficial forum was taken down for maintenance. But after discussions with fellow management members they decided to PERMANENTLY close the forum. The reasons given were because of the negative and sometimes vociferous comments on it from some fans. They felt that this did nothing to improve the atmosphere at D.P. and generally gave a bad impression of the club.  She did say of course, that fans can still post on THIS forum. 

I suspect that there has been no reply from management on here, regarding the many strong complaints about the poor catering, because none of them want to start contributing to this particular forum. They must have their own reasons for this.

However I would have thought it prudent for one of them to post a reply on the Comets OFFICIAL Website in relation to what efforts are being made to resolve the catering issues. So far its disappointing that they havent done so !

Just a final point, but surely ANYONE of us can start a new forum up with the company that Laura used to use ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

In relation to the catering issues :-

Laura did say at the "meet the riders night" that INITIALLY her unofficial forum was taken down for maintenance. But after discussions with fellow management members they decided to PERMANENTLY close the forum. The reasons given were because of the negative and sometimes vociferous comments on it from some fans. They felt that this did nothing to improve the atmosphere at D.P. and generally gave a bad impression of the club.  She did say of course, that fans can still post on THIS forum. 

I suspect that there has been no reply from management on here, regarding the many strong complaints about the poor catering, because none of them want to start contributing to this particular forum. They must have their own reasons for this.

However I would have thought it prudent for one of them to post a reply on the Comets OFFICIAL Website in relation to what efforts are being made to resolve the catering issues. So far its disappointing that they havent done so !

Just a final point, but surely ANYONE of us can start a new forum up with the company that Laura used to use ?

you actually understand i think

the problems are nobody from the management wants or is allowed to reply to coments

thats why it got so bad

and its ok for the ones who defend the management blameing some others

but they are equaly to blame for keeping the arguements going

hey im not having a go at them for backing the promotion but sometimes arguing and keeping the topic going is more harmfull that just leting it die out

they have to accept things were not right last year and move on

The catering issues are getting looked into , but you should know that Scaramanga ? Thought you had all the facts and know all 

Correct me if I’m wrong but do you ever see any other promotion posting on the threads on here ? Exactly . As for keeping the arguments going , not really just pointing how boring listening to your drone is on here day in day out . You never have anything positive to say , but hey you still have Speedway to watch every week,  YOU are the one who needs to move on !!

Edited by Taylorj