British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

Taylorj , can you tell me what the issues were on saturday night regarding the catering.? 

its just a simple question. was it power or something else that caused it or an unfortunate  mixture of things ? 

not looking for an argument , just closure of this matter . thanks .J

Edited by jenga
cant spell miture !!!

59 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

The catering issues are getting looked into , but you should know that Scaramanga ? Thought you had all the facts and know all 

Correct me if I’m wrong but do you ever see any other promotion posting on the threads on here ? Exactly . As for keeping the arguments going , not really just pointing how boring listening to your drone is on here day in day out . You never have anything positive to say , but hey you still have Speedway to watch every week,  YOU are the one who needs to move on !!

Rob Godfrey used to quite a bit.

2 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Rob Godfrey used to quite a bit.

So that’s 1 , and the term “used” to 

The daft thing is, not many promotion post on forums, I don't think they like the feedback much, but Barry does from Isle of Wight, and he takes it all on board and improves the fans experience and is always being praised, so maybe some promoters do need to start listening before too many fans start doing other things.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jenga said:

Taylorj , can you tell me what the issues were on saturday night regarding the catering.? 

its just a simple question. was it power or something else that caused it or an unfortunate  mixture of things ? 

not looking for an argument , just closure of this matter . thanks .J

Not sure what you mean by power Jenga , I don’t know what the issue was, I’m grandstand side so can only comment there, first night , new catering  , the food was bad , myself along with others gave constructive criticism, i know it’s getting looked into so as far as I’m concerned I’m more bothered about the Speedway and whats happening on the track . Barring Scunthorpe and Newcastle I can’t say I’ve been anywhere that’s a la carte food 

power being .. electricity . i realise the word power means two things to certain people .

i do hope its sorted for Saturday and Workington speedway can move on .as someone said , its a pity the food/drink issue got more mentions than the speedway.. apart from workington comets rider Charles wright winning the Cumbria classic  LOL 

• Like 1

went through town tonight and there is a electronic display board opposite the curwen or what ever its called now

it was advertising the glasgow meeting this saturday

now thats a posotive

• Like 1

In todays speedway star young mr sarjeant has a pop at the track last year saying it was never anygood  and cant wait to see what reception he gets ,lets lift the roof with boos everytime he appears on track to show him what we tbought of him last season .

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

In todays speedway star young mr sarjeant has a pop at the track last year saying it was never anygood  and cant wait to see what reception he gets ,lets lift the roof with boos everytime he appears on track to show him what we tbought of him last season .

Go for it - speedway needs more of this

Build the atmosphere get more of the crowd involved, create a buzz that others what to be part of.

55 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

for those who dont know how speedway works (inc mr Sarjeant ) , the track does NOT ride the speedway bike , thats the riders job . anyhow , how would he know if the track was any good .?he hardly ever got past the starting gate @ workington and come to think of it , any other track in the championship .

chips n burgers are now available and being cooked as i type . ya gotta try em . delish . 

Edited by jenga

1 hour ago, jenga said:

for those who dont know how speedway works (inc mr Sarjeant ) , the track does NOT ride the speedway bike , thats the riders job . anyhow , how would he know if the track was any good .?he hardly ever got past the starting gate @ workington and come to think of it , any other track in the championship .

chips n burgers are now available and being cooked as i type . ya gotta try em . delish . 

:lol::D Bloody Hell Jenga, that made me laugh ...he be under so much pressure on Saturday lets hope he goes through the tapes every time he comes up to them and that Mason whoops his backside in heat 2, and he better lookout for Kyle as well for that matter

"hardly ever got past the start gate".....Hilarious :P:lol:

• Thanks 1

looks like he has given himself extra pressure for the weekend .

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jenga said:

looks like he has given himself extra pressure for the weekend .

He's done a big write up on Glasgow Website too

Bring it on Master Sarjeant !!

Harris listed to be in poland on sat anyone know if he riding or not for glasgow