British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

On a slightly different topic, does anyone else know of a sport or a sporting event where the actual final is split over 2 days. One team wins more points than any other. For some reason there is then a 'grand final' where the points are shared, and they then change the scoring system and give the gold medal to the runner up!

Yep only speedway I guess.

Well done to craig and young dan at the british final top class racing from them both just checked online no mention yet on the  news and star web  site !

Yes that is something to be proud of 2 West Cumbrians in the top 3 of a national sporting event, that cant have happened too often, if at all.

Perhaps gurning ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

Yes that is something to be proud of 2 West Cumbrians in the top 3 of a national sporting event, that cant have happened too often, if at all.

Perhaps gurning ?

Gurning ,oh yes i forgot richard lawson was riding.

• Like 1

Bit of.a.worry but ty has failed a fitness test and isnt riding at poole tonight hope he ok for friday .

Aye took a big knock at Berwick on Saturday night

I know its only thursday  but any team news for fri at glasgow, sure dan wont be there and looks like ty could be a dought  nice to know sometime !

On 10 June 2018 at 5:09 PM, Carlislecomet2 said:

On a slightly different topic, does anyone else know of a sport or a sporting event where the actual final is split over 2 days. One team wins more points than any other. For some reason there is then a 'grand final' where the points are shared, and they then change the scoring system and give the gold medal to the runner up!

Yep only speedway I guess.

Don't know about events over 2 days but Tottenham finished above Real Madrid in the group stage of the Champions League and Real went on to win the competition while Tottenham only got to the last 16.

Al least we got a silver medal for our efforts which is more than Spurs got.

Portugal sneaked through with 3 draws at Euro 2016 but still won the competition.

Happens in loads of sports until tennis format is applied or you get rid of finals/best runner up etc.

5 hours ago, geoff100 said:

I know its only thursday  but any team news for fri at glasgow, sure dan wont be there and looks like ty could be a dought  nice to know sometime !

dan on world under 21 duty in Sweden on Friday , but dont worry there is MORE TO FOLLOW . why no info ? . 

Edited by jenga

it looks like dan has finished in 2nd behind chugchug chuganov . in the meeting in sweden with 13 points 

27 minutes ago, jenga said:

ahh , the dreaded countback. dan eventually finishing 3rd .

Dan is officially classified as 2nd after a 3-man Run-Off.

• Like 1