British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

5 hours ago, Lord Lucan said:

Make that three coz sadly, I'm inclined to agree.......tho I'm not going to admit that in public you understand,  as nobody responds to anything on ere thesedays, I'll be safe!! :rofl:

4 I'm afraid. I said after a home meeting we once had (must have been sometime in 2017) that the whole DP experience just felt as if it was going through the motions. Well we seem to be completely constipated now.

I, like the others on here will be at DP on Saturday and for the rest of the meetings when they are on but what is happening to encourage others to attend.

MORE TO FOLLOW

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

Brilliant stuff from Mason tonight at Ipswich.

We are indebted to Mason tonight. Well done lad, saved us from slaughter

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Carlislecomet2 said:

4 I'm afraid. I said after a home meeting we once had (must have been sometime in 2017) that the whole DP experience just felt as if it was going through the motions. Well we seem to be completely constipated now.

I, like the others on here will be at DP on Saturday and for the rest of the meetings when they are on but what is happening to encourage others to attend.

MORE TO FOLLOW

Sorry up to 5 now !! Will be at Derwent park when I can, but due to July/August fixtures being mostly Fridays, will be missing every other one due to being at work, it's nearly July and still got 2 tickets left from book of 5 !!! need more publicity from management to let the floating fans know when the next meeting is, as fans hardly know when it is due to the weeks between fixtures, advert at entrance to dp says speedway every Saturday 7pm, wish that was true !!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Neila said:

Sorry up to 5 now !! Will be at Derwent park when I can, but due to July/August fixtures being mostly Fridays, will be missing every other one due to being at work, it's nearly July and still got 2 tickets left from book of 5 !!! need more publicity from management to let the floating fans know when the next meeting is, as fans hardly know when it is due to the weeks between fixtures, advert at entrance to dp says speedway every Saturday 7pm, wish that was true !!

Same here now, bit of picking and choosing to do? :unsure:

Looks like Dan Bewley is at it again this time in the European Under-21 meeting in Plzen Czech Republic where he has qualified for the Final with a 15pt maximum.

thanks for that screm

riders like dan need support not like on the Workington thread when some are using his success in this event to have a pop at the current mess british speedway is in 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, screm said:

Looks like Dan Bewley is at it again this time in the European Under-21 meeting in Plzen Czech Republic where he has qualified for the Final with a 15pt maximum.

thanks screm for the info . 

Dave spread the word at last night's meeting, Dan's done well to win that one!! :t:

so apparently the bspa are not happy that our season has been poor so far due to the fixture list we were told last night Workington and other clubs have been asked or told to try and rearrange some fixtures 

dispite 1 or 2 clubs been already offered dates to reschedule which they have turned down looks like Workington gonna struggle again to fit in fixtures

I wonder if some of the fixtures the bspa want rearranged  don't suit certain teams and they want a date that does suit them when Workington have riders missing

now come on bspa and all other teams start to play fair  

whats wrong are you now scared Workington are a force to be reconed with as apposed to the team that most wrote off and slagged off as no hopers pre season

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

so apparently the bspa are not happy that our season has been poor so far due to the fixture list we were told last night Workington and other clubs have been asked or told to try and rearrange some fixtures 

dispite 1 or 2 clubs been already offered dates to reschedule which they have turned down looks like Workington gonna struggle again to fit in fixtures

I wonder if some of the fixtures the bspa want rearranged  don't suit certain teams and they want a date that does suit them when Workington have riders missing

now come on bspa and all other teams start to play fair  

whats wrong are you now scared Workington are a force to be reconed with as apposed to the team that most wrote off and slagged off as no hopers pre season

You could always arrange a challenge against Glasgow not as though were down much and keeps your eye in ;).

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

i did not see many glasgow fans @ workington yesterday . normally the back straight is quite full of them . makes a change for workington fans to outnumber travelling tiggs fans .

15 minutes ago, jenga said:

i did not see many glasgow fans @ workington yesterday . normally the back straight is quite full of them . makes a change for workington fans to outnumber travelling tiggs fans .

Demralised being fed the party line that things are ok and not to panic the support are voting with there feet so it seems.

As i say we always go to Workington car sharing but had no appetite for it yesterday fed up is an understatement.

Edited by Gazc

Before this season started I thought Workington were refused permission to run meetings at home on Friday nights as too many teams were already doing  so, how then have we managed to get half a season's worth of home fixtures arranged for said Friday nights? :unsure:

We all know it's as much the riders dictating these meetings  as promoters so....half way thru the season and these arrangements have to be altered to suit and we go back to racing Saturday's, hey, that's good for me and it's how it should have been from the start but seriously, is this likely to happen, with little to no cooperation within the speedway ranks thesedays I would think this to be nigh on impossible to achieve?

Certainly have had/ still got loads of Saturday's available but will we get any reinstated for official fixtures, to be fair many were simply to avoid clashes with the GP's and Craig Cook,s participation in them but it's not just us that have to change, if we moved meetings to the weekend would other clubs come anyway, if you asked them nicely and you received a polite "no thank you" it's not in our interests... would they be forced to race, is this likely? :rolleyes:

Going to cause some problems this and I await the outcomes with some interest? ;)

• Like 1