British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

1 hour ago, Whisperer said:

That's odd? only the 2 clubs that were represented on the Management Committee allowed to change race nights? Have you got that right? Don't Peterborough and Lakeside race on Fridays too? So let me get this right Edinburgh, Glasgow, Lakeside, Peterborough, Scunthorpe and Workington have Friday fixtures with riders competing in qualifying rounds all over as well. I make that 6 home meetings so there is not enough riders for 12 teams to be in action with guests and R/R?

Oh! there are only 11 teams in the league that means at least 1 possibly 2 or 3 can't run on a Friday otherwise there won't be enough riders for the rest (or teams for that matter). "Let's tell those who do not have or gave up their Friday priority they can't run that'll solve it".

Never mind Marras you can fill your blank Saturdays instead, start with re-arranging your postponed fixtures; Scunthorpe and Sheffield. Oh! they've already declined your offer of dates then why not go to the Management Committee and get them to force those clubs to come on a Saturday? Oh! those clubs are on the Management Committee, isn't that where this started?

Why don't Workington race some meetings on a Friday then?

'Twas on the Monday morning the Gas man came to call

read post above , re. Fridays .

9 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

So just what is the problem with the fixtures you've got, as I haven't seen anything publicised anywhere else apart from this forum. All I know is Workington applied to change there raceday from Saturday to Friday's and it was declined because Glasgow and Scunthorpe already had it agreed to switch to Friday's at the AGM of the BSPA and it was not attended by your promoter for whatever reason.

Exactly , thats "All you know" :rolleyes:  you haven't a clue what goes on with Worky and fixtures 

Just looking at the World Cup fixtures, England will most likely be in the Quarter Final of the World Cup to be played at 1900 on Friday 6th July. That would no doubt have a big impact on the crowd for the Berwick meeting next Friday.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marksman said:

Just looking at the World Cup fixtures, England will most likely be in the Quarter Final of the World Cup to be played at 1900 on Friday 6th July. That would no doubt have a big impact on the crowd for the Berwick meeting next Friday.

You couldn't make it up!! :D

2 hours ago, Taylorj said:

Exactly , thats "All you know" :rolleyes:  you haven't a clue what goes on with Worky and fixtures 

That's why asked the question , do try and keep up without getting shirty.

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

That's why asked the question , do try and keep up without getting shirty.

Read the posts then 

I started this topic by saying THE BSPA HAVE NOW ASKED OR TOLD WORKINGTON to rearrange fixtures that were agreed pre season also 2 clubs who have people on the bspa panel have allready been offered new dates for matches which they have declined 

It's been the same for previous 2 years for Workington.     Teams won't play fair with arranging new dates 

Workington fans have been told they might have fixture changes at short notice 

3 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

Read the posts then 

I started this topic by saying THE BSPA HAVE NOW ASKED OR TOLD WORKINGTON to rearrange fixtures that were agreed pre season also 2 clubs who have people on the bspa panel have allready been offered new dates for matches which they have declined 

It's been the same for previous 2 years for Workington.     Teams won't play fair with arranging new dates 

Workington fans have been told they might have fixture changes at short notice 

Thank you for a sensible answer,  that was all I asked for.

• Like 1

we have been discussing it 

if you had read back you wouldn't  have had to ask 

maybe the teams who think they have the right to dictate to this rest of the league are waiting for Workington rider shortage before they agree to fixtures

Edited by scaramanga
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

maybe the teams who think they have the right to dictate to this rest of the league are waiting for Workington rider shortage before they agree to fixtures

dont be daft , speedway is not as corrupt as that , Shirley .:o

22 hours ago, scaramanga said:

I hope you are not accusing Scunthorpe of being one of those teams that are not willing to agree to a fixture date as we were quite happy to cancel in the first place when 3 of your riders were absent on the 19th May. In July, you already have meetings on the 6th, 13th & 27th. The 20th being the pairs before Cardiff. You also have the 3rd, 10th & 17th of August booked.

What dates are free for these 2 teams with BSPA Representatives?

Are they not Friday dates? We have been asked to rearrange to saturdays I believe..and reliably informed that 2 clubs wont agree to saturdays for whatever reason.... 

Edited by shazza13
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I hope you are not accusing Scunthorpe of being one of those teams that are not willing to agree to a fixture date as we were quite happy to cancel in the first place when 3 of your riders were absent on the 19th May. In July, you already have meetings on the 6th, 13th & 27th. The 20th being the pairs before Cardiff. You also have the 3rd, 10th & 17th of August booked.

What dates are free for these 2 teams with BSPA Representatives?

ive told you almost exactly what we were told 

the person went short of actually naming names

• Like 1

From what we were told on Saturday Workington comets were sent some communication from the bspa to say dispite future fixtures in July and August being agreed and published at the start of the season, they are now saying (bspa) that Workington can't now run on some or all nights due to other teams rider availability or non availability

How the hell can the so called controlling body say this and what effects will it have on a Workington buissness plan or fan base, maybe someone can explain how and why it has got to this stage, IMO speedway has very little future if the controling body do things like this,

• Like 1

On Wednesday, June 27, 2018 at 6:01 PM, scaramanga said:

No doubt some will be targeting Dan Bewley's U21 dates.....:rolleyes:

• Like 2