Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
customhouseregular

Memories...

The "Memories" dvd series are a must for us old time fans. I have just watched on youtube the trailer for Memories Of Norwich Speedway"

Pure nostalgia and great to see.

The "Memories" dvd series are a must for us old time fans. I have just watched on youtube the trailer for Memories Of Norwich Speedway"

The thing that strikes me looking at speedway of 50-60 years ago...the huge "cow horn" handlebars. Modern speedway bikes demand a totally different riding style.

• Like 2

The thing that strikes me looking at speedway of 50-60 years ago...the huge "cow horn" handlebars. Modern speedway bikes demand a totally different riding style.

Got most of 'The Memories' series of DVDs...great stuff!

Apparently there is soon to be released footage of Oxford & White City 'Rebels'...can't wait!

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 2

Of course, the West Ham edition has pride of place :t: .

• Like 3

A horrible memory was seeing Reading get battered at Hyde Rd i think it was 57-23...? the Aces had a terrific team Mckinna/Courtney at reserve that shows how strong there team was.

I see a 'Memories of Coventry Speedway' DVD has just been released...I will catch up with it in time.

• Like 1

A horrible memory was seeing Reading get battered at Hyde Rd i think it was 57-23...? the Aces had a terrific team Mckinna/Courtney at reserve that shows how strong there team was.

53-25 that season, one of 14 times the aces topped the 50 point mark that year

I do remember in 82 they bartered them by s bigger score, possibly a ko cup match?

I see a 'Memories of Coventry Speedway' DVD has just been released...I will catch up with it in time.

I wish they could do a 'Memories of Sunderland Speedway' DVD. :neutral::neutral::neutral:

Sadly there isn't enough material as far as I am aware. :sad::sad::sad:

• Like 2

I wish they could do a 'Memories of Sunderland Speedway' DVD. :neutral::neutral::neutral:

Sadly there isn't enough material as far as I am aware. :sad::sad::sad:

Could do a 5 minute spot on Look North.

• Like 2

Could do a 5 minute spot on Look North.

I doubt there would be enough footage to do even that much. :sad::sad::sad:

• Like 1