British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
False dawn

The Riders Are Going To Love Me For This One.....

This was a thought prompted by something said in the latest SWC thread.

Why not run the GP series all year round? We could have a round in Oz and NZ in our winter as well as the indoor tracks such as Cardiff (also China and Taiwan for all I know). Then run the outdoor circuits, less often (less fixture upsets with the domestic leagues) in our summer.

Greater coverage, more money for everyone and higher profile for the sport.

Everyone's a winner.

This was a thought prompted by something said in the latest SWC thread.

Why not run the GP series all year round? We could have a round in Oz and NZ in our winter as well as the indoor tracks such as Cardiff (also China and Taiwan for all I know). Then run the outdoor circuits, less often (less fixture upsets with the domestic leagues) in our summer.

Greater coverage, more money for everyone and higher profile for the sport.

Everyone's a winner.

So would this leave us with a Monthly World Champion or perhaps seasonal one - as in Autumn, Spring, Summer and Winter one? More gongs all round! Bit like the Golden Helmet was.

Edited by waytogo28

Your'e right they won't love you , riding all year round means they won't get 5 months a year off and won't be able to charge for their services taking that into account , Imagine speedway riders actually working 12 months a year like everybody else , :rofl::rofl:

AND having to pay for the guys who work for them...