British Speedway Forum

Interesting article in the local paper, would suggest Friday nights and maybe a 42 point limit?

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/teesside-speedway-club-redcar-bears-13909918#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Why are people struggling to grasp fixed race nights isn't just a Premiership thing? both leagues had as many guests as each other in 2017, fixed race nights eradicates a LOT of guests because of doubling up.

Speedway needs to stop it with this them and us mentality. If our two leagues can't get on what chance of working with Sweden and Poland?!

Why are people struggling to grasp fixed race nights isn't just a Premiership thing? both leagues had as many guests as each other in 2017, fixed race nights eradicates a LOT of guests because of doubling up.

Speedway needs to stop it with this them and us mentality. If our two leagues can't get on what chance of working with Sweden and Poland?!

To be fair SCB - I think this is just our promotion appeasing the 'old fart' brigade by saying we tried to save it - we can run any night we like, and we have run a number of Friday meeting due to Ipswich and Sheffield, so this won't be an issue and a lot of Bears fans realise this is for the good of the sport and for our viewing, as we wont see half-a-dozen guests on a regular basis

• Like 2

To be fair SCB - I think this is just our promotion appeasing the 'old fart' brigade by saying we tried to save it - we can run any night we like, and we have run a number of Friday meeting due to Ipswich and Sheffield, so this won't be an issue and a lot of Bears fans realise this is for the good of the sport and for our viewing, as we wont see half-a-dozen guests on a regular basis

Great post

There has been a lot of criticism about clubs just looking after No.1, so its quite refreshing seeing them unite for the good of the sport as a whole

If it is fixed race night's for Premier, and we revert to Fridays. 2.00 point Brit at number 7 to remain. 42.50 limit.

Barker

Wright

Proctor

Andersen

Busch

Bukhave

Shane's,(not likely). Either Jordan Jenkins. Drew Kemp or Henry Atkins.

Drew Kemp isnt 16 until deep into the season so isnt elligible to ride in the Championship in 2018

Good enough mind but still not elligible

Drew Kemp isnt 16 until deep into the season so isnt elligible to ride in the Championship in 2018

Thanks for that. Only rode a handful of meetings at end of season for Mildenhall didn't he.

11th August

Tobi has already posted he isnt riding in UK next year

Would be disappointed with that - we stuck with him this year with his injuries. Garcia instead?

Would be disappointed with that - we stuck with him this year with his injuries. Garcia instead?

Or Ellis (depending on the team total allowance). I hope we fit Bukhave back in at reserve. I think he will do what Ellis did last season.

He said he wont ride in UK next season because he wants to focus on Germany, Denmark and Poland, Coty or Jacob would be good if we could get them at reserve

Or Ellis (depending on the team total allowance). I hope we fit Bukhave back in at reserve. I think he will do what Ellis did last season.

Seriously, what is it that Redcar fans see in Bukhave that the rest of us can't see. I saw a hard trying rider going nowhere, but hanging around to make himself available. I am aware of a personal attachment he may have with Redcar, but I think Konopka was a better bet than Bukhave. Honest opinion.

• Like 1

Seriously, what is it that Redcar fans see in Bukhave that the rest of us can't see. I saw a hard trying rider going nowhere, but hanging around to make himself available. I am aware of a personal attachment he may have with Redcar, but I think Konopka was a better bet than Bukhave. Honest opinion.

If you are going on the Bukhave that started 2016 season, having been thrown in the deep end, then possibly you could have that judgement.

I think anyone who has seen Bukhave ride in the latter part of last season would be astounded with your view that Konopka is more likely to be a better option :o I don't say he is a rider who will rise to heat leader and take the league by storm, but the improvement over the year and his performance in Silver Helmet and other meetings, do (in my honest opinion) justify serious consideration for a team place using 4.00 points. He will easily score that at home, no question.

As to Konopka - could be the answer to Newcastle's ongoing reserve issues and..... he is cheap - I'm sure kev/jitendra will give George a good loan deal for him :t:

If you are going on the Bukhave that started 2016 season, having been thrown in the deep end, then possibly you could have that judgement.

I think anyone who has seen Bukhave ride in the latter part of last season would be astounded with your view that Konopka is more likely to be a better option :o I don't say he is a rider who will rise to heat leader and take the league by storm, but the improvement over the year and his performance in Silver Helmet and other meetings, do (in my honest opinion) justify serious consideration for a team place using 4.00 points. He will easily score that at home, no question.

As to Konopka - could be the answer to Newcastle's ongoing reserve issues and..... he is cheap - I'm sure kev/jitendra will give George a good loan deal for him :t:

Oh dear.