British Speedway Forum

I dont think that non Brits should be in the Championship on a 4 anyway.

Its the reason a number of progerssing youngsters have found themselves frozen out in the past.

The min 5 (at least) shoukdve been retained IMO

• Like 1

I dont think that non Brits should be in the Championship on a 4 anyway.

Its the reason a number of progerssing youngsters have found themselves frozen out in the past.

The min 5 (at least) shoukdve been retained IMO

Wasn't this the case last year.. . Had to come in on a 5...

Bukhave looked a much improved rider on his couple of meetings at Redcar last year so I think most Bears fans would be happy to have him if he could ride at Reserve.

• Like 2

Wasn't this the case last year.. . Had to come in on a 5...

but could drop to 4 or come in on less than 5 if achieved under that previously (with min 4)

Bears to announce first rider on Thursday. Barker or Wright?

Bears to announce first rider on Thursday. Barker or Wright?

I think Barker , with the relaxation of the tapes rules Garrity on his lower Average is a must

• Like 2

I'm guessing 4 or 5 of last years team will be back, with a strength in depth squad.

One thing that never been mentioned is, do young reserves still come in on a 2 and is one compulsory or change back to 3 again. If they are 2 I wonder if any team will go for two 2 pointers with a massive top end top 4 or 5?

• Like 1

I'm guessing 4 or 5 of last years team will be back, with a strength in depth squad.

One thing that never been mentioned is, do young reserves still come in on a 2 and is one compulsory or change back to 3 again. If they are 2 I wonder if any team will go for two 2 pointers with a massive top end top 4 or 5?

I'm thinking Barker too, Wright Garrity Andersen in main body, it's been posted Busch won't ride in UK next year, is it just a rumour ?.

I know it's not possible, but I would love to see Nathan Greaves in a Bears race jacket at reserve. I can dream though.

So no Garrity back next year. Maybe a Proctor or Jorgenson in to replace him?

So no Garrity back next year. Maybe a Proctor or Jorgenson in to replace him?

Or mpt? .. heard rumours he's heading your way.

I think Barker , with the relaxation of the tapes rules Garrity on his lower Average is a must

I haven't seen that the tapes rules have been relaxed, it was announced they have "a strong proposal to reduce false starts" from reports it has been suggested there will be no warnings and no restarts - this could actually mean race is allowed to continue, but any rider not conforming with the starting procedure (ie sitting still and not jumping) may then be excluded at end of race - that would be more strict, not relaxing!

however I guess it is something else we have to wait to find out and in the meantime we shall all speculate!

I haven't seen that the tapes rules have been relaxed, it was announced they have "a strong proposal to reduce false starts" from reports it has been suggested there will be no warnings and no restarts - this could actually mean race is allowed to continue, but any rider not conforming with the starting procedure (ie sitting still and not jumping) may then be excluded at end of race - that would be more strict, not relaxing!

however I guess it is something else we have to wait to find out and in the meantime we shall all speculate!

I think it means that as long as the tapes aren't touched the start is valid. At the moment we have a situation where a referee can continually call a restart, when TV and video footage shows that they aren't necessary.

• Like 1

This could be a minefield as the disqualified rider, after the race has finished, could have effected the race result. A nightmare for filling in programmes if your too quick! :mad:

• Like 1

This could be a minefield as the disqualified rider, after the race has finished, could have effected the race result. A nightmare for filling in programmes if your too quick! :mad:

Amended results would be worse than restarts IMO