British Speedway Forum

https://twitter.com/redcarbears/status/938739498430730240

Seems like the Bears line up is pretty much sorted. Cant argue with them being honest as to why the names are to be revealed at the next Social night.

Personally I think it's a childish gimmick. If they announced the team now and then said "come along and meet them and maybe have a question time," I think that would draw just as many to the social. Then again, if it's a rubbish (Havelock type) side, maybe they ARE doing the right thing.

Personally I don't have a problem with it (even though I won't be attending on the 22nd) and they are stating the reasons why they are doing it

Any comparisons to the Havelock era are unfair imo.

Personally I don't have a problem with it (even though I won't be attending on the 22nd) and they are stating the reasons why they are doing it

Any comparisons to the Havelock era are unfair imo.

That would depend on the line-up but as you say, we all have our opinions.

Personally I think it's a childish gimmick. If they announced the team now and then said "come along and meet them and maybe have a question time," I think that would draw just as many to the social. Then again, if it's a rubbish (Havelock type) side, maybe they ARE doing the right thing.

With.only.Ben.named,and.guessing.2.x.Andersen.Bukhave.etc.Would.it.really.be.in.their. interest.to.travel.all.the.way.to.Teesside..for.a.social.evening.3.days.before.xmas.The.club.are.doing.things.the.right.way. The.only.thing.childish.is.your.impatience.

• Like 1

With.only.Ben.named,and.guessing.2.x.Andersen.Bukhave.etc.Would.it.really.be.in.their. interest.to.travel.all.the.way.to.Teesside..for.a.social.evening.3.days.before.xmas.The.club.are.doing.things.the.right.way. The.only.thing.childish.is.your.impatience.

There must be some British based riders who could attend. Your closing remark is what I might expect from a brown noser.

There must be some British based riders who could attend. Your closing remark is what I might expect from a brown noser.

No need to throw a paddy about it. The club are doing the right thing in raising a few quid for the coffers. I see no problem with that.

Brown noser :lol:. You couldn't be further away from the truth if you tried. Pay at the gate, enjoy my racing then back home for early bed and work the next day, that's me.

• Like 1

Announcing riders at a function to encourage more supporters to attend is old hat in my opinion, in the modern age, any signings will be all over social media 10 seconds after they are announced. So, only the people who would go regardless, will be there anyway

Announcing riders at a function to encourage more supporters to attend is old hat in my opinion, in the modern age, any signings will be all over social media 10 seconds after they are announced. So, only the people who would go regardless, will be there anyway

The way the team was revealed at a social night last year made for a great night out. Kevin & Ben certainly did not do it in an old fashioned way. Think they are planning a good night out this year again.

• Like 2

On 7 December 2017 at 9:21 PM, iandrinkel said:

The way the team was revealed at a social night last year made for a great night out. Kevin & Ben certainly did not do it in an old fashioned way. Think they are planning a good night out this year again.

Personally I quite like unveiling of riders in Bears colours at the Christmas party. I think it adds to the occasion. Who doesn't like surprises at Christmas ? UTB

• Like 1

Roland Benko rumored to be unveiled as a Bear shortly. Previously rode in the UK a couple of years ago for Plymouth.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

Roland Benko rumored to be unveiled as a Bear shortly. Previously rode in the UK a couple of years ago for Plymouth.

Hope not! Three pointer and well over thirty.

53 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

Joni keskinen Quality