British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, cheekycobra said:

Looks like the fun police are coming out the woodwork. A bit of fun and a few red herrings, so what.

Atleast someone understands the concept of banter and a joke, if we didn’t have abit of fun the world would be a boring place 

Barker did the same last season. Posted he wasn't signed up and was looking for a club had everyone's team predictions in uproar. 

Then what happened...

5 minutes ago, BenR195 said:

Banned? What for? Technically not done anything against the rules, I’m just a fan that just so happens to be a mechanic aswell, I’m not contracted to anyone so I can say whatever I want just like every other fan can, what’s the difference between me saying something about a rider on this forum and everybody else? And how have I made the promoters job harder? Jonas had already signed, how was me saying something on here gonna disrupt that in any way? And as for ‘mechanics should do just that’ if I have to stick to being a mechanic why can’t fans ‘do just that’ and stick to being fans not sit on here talking about who their team should and should not sign, that’s a promoters/managers job to sort out, as I’ve said above, yes I am a mechanic but I am also a fan just like you and everyone else on here 

you got any paperwork to say you are a mechanic or not , if not , then you are classed as semi skilled. not a proper mech . somehow i cant see you stripping engines and repairing frames/diamonds etc . more of a fitter , fitting new parts for old worn ones . 

have you changed a tyre yet ?

Just now, cheekycobra said:

Barker did the same last season. Posted he wasn't signed up and was looking for a club had everyone's team predictions in uproar. 

Then what happened...

He’s a rider though, must be alright for him to do it, I’m just a mechanic

Just now, jenga said:

you got any paperwork to say you are a mechanic or not , if not , then you are classed as semi skilled. not a proper mech . somehow i cant see you stripping engines and repairing frames/diamonds etc . more of a fitter , fitting new parts for old worn ones . 

Well if that’s how you describe us, then yes I’m a ‘fitter’ and yes, fit tyres every meeting as it’s in the rulebook that it needs to be done at the track

3 minutes ago, BenR195 said:

Atleast someone understands the concept of banter and a joke, if we didn’t have abit of fun the world would be a boring place 

thats is what donald trump is doing with mericia @ the mo ```!

2 minutes ago, BenR195 said:

If they cant tell the difference between a bit of banter and some of the other spiteful garbage that some people post then I wouldn't worry about it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BenR195 said:

Well if that’s how you describe us, then yes I’m a ‘fitter’ and yes, fit tyres every meeting as it’s in the rulebook that it needs to be done at the track

how many P.S.I.  inthe rear tyre ? only asking .

1 minute ago, jenga said:

how many P.S.I.  inthe rear tyre ? only asking .

Depends on the track, the conditions, the rider, hard to say, anywhere from say 5psi up to about 8 psi, never been out of those regions 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jenga said:

^^^^^^^^ Like I said, here come the fun police.

• Haha 2

Banter is ok as BenR195 says, but one thing I do hate is from people who you hear at the track or in general is slagging off riders when they have probably never ridden a bike before. I haven't ridden one but to do what they do requires one big set of balls. 

23 hours ago, scaramanga said:

fortunatley i can see young bickley becoming a rider like robert lambert or william lawson

plenty of talant but poor advisors/management

you are so far off the mark with that statement you obviously don't know Mr Bickley senior who is probably one of the most switched on guys around the speedway scene, nothing gets passed him let me tell you. If there ever was a young man with excellent advisors/management  behind him young Bickley has that to the max in his toolbox.

Edited by neb
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

it wasn't banter though - he claimed authority for a statement which he knew to be false. He could have caused problems - they may have appeared available to other promoters for example. If i was promoter or manager he'd be in trouble. Needs to keep it shut if he's in a trusted position. Well the management know he's not trustworthy now.

Yes fans come on here and speculate - they do not claim authority and thats the difference

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ch958 said:

it wasn't banter though - he claimed authority for a statement which he knew to be false. He could have caused problems - they may have appeared available to other promoters for example. If i was promoter or manager he'd be in trouble. Needs to keep it shut if he's in a trusted position. Well the management know he's not trustworthy now.

Yes fans come on here and speculate - they do not claim authority and thats the difference

Yeah coz I heard promoters and managers scout rider availability on the speedway forum, other promoters would of known he had signed for redcar, if they were seriously interested in jonas, they’d of contacted him directly where he would of told them he was at redcar, don’t think promoters would trust a username on a public forum, plus I know the redcar promoter, I was stood talking to him last night at redcar racenight and he didn’t say what I done was wrong, infact he had a little laugh about it, like it has been said by cheekycobra, Ben Barker posted on Facebook at the start of last season he didn’t have a speedway team but he had already signed for redcar at the time, is he also in the wrong? as other promoters would of seen that and thought he was free to approach, sounds like you are all bitter because you believed my red herring, no harm was done, it didn’t affect anything, move on with life 

• Like 2