British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, BenR195 said:

Yeah coz I heard promoters and managers scout rider availability on the speedway forum, other promoters would of known he had signed for redcar, if they were seriously interested in jonas, they’d of contacted him directly where he would of told them he was at redcar, don’t think promoters would trust a username on a public forum, plus I know the redcar promoter, I was stood talking to him last night at redcar racenight and he didn’t say what I done was wrong, infact he had a little laugh about it, like it has been said by cheekycobra, Ben Barker posted on Facebook at the start of last season he didn’t have a speedway team but he had already signed for redcar at the time, is he also in the wrong? as other promoters would of seen that and thought he was free to approach, sounds like you are all bitter because you believed my red herring, no harm was done, it didn’t affect anything, move on with life 

If I was still running a speedway I would have kicked your arse for you.  Fans can speculate with their wishes or what they know. Riders and especially a hired hand like a mechanic, should leave the business to the promoters who's business it is.

I would remind other readers of theses post, that this poster is the same poster who published what was going on at Newcastle  in October, when Alan Hedley was about to quit the Diamonds. That was internal business, his post wasn't banter, but more attempt to get himself known as a part privileged knob with some information but wanted to big up what he knew. in any business, you don't want an internal mouth blabbing to the forum, to make himself look big and informed.  I said at the time it was a mechanic who was blabbing and it didn't take long for me to find out who it was.

Beware Kevin and all at Redcar, some will love it, but he will do no good to your business.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

If I was still running a speedway I would have kicked your arse for you.  Fans can speculate with their wishes or what they know. Riders and especially a hired hand like a mechanic, should leave the business to the promoters who's business it is.

I would remind other readers of theses post, that this poster is the same poster who published what was going on at Newcastle  in October, when Alan Hedley was about to quit the Diamonds. That was internal business, his post wasn't banter, but more attempt to get himself known as a part privileged knob with some information but wanted to big up what he knew. in any business, you don't want an internal mouth blabbing to the forum, to make himself look big and informed.  I said at the time it was a mechanic who was blabbing and it didn't take long for me to find out who it was.

Beware Kevin and all at Redcar, some will love it, but he will do no good to your business.  

I’m only a fan at the end of the day who helps a rider out, as stated earlier, I’m not even a mechanic, I’m a fitter, so what makes me any different to a fan? Why can’t I speculate and have freedom of speech like a fan? I don’t get told team news, I only get told when my rider has signed, and where did I post about Alan?, as I honestly can’t remember saying that, not saying I didn’t say it as I did hear something was going on but I don’t remember putting it on here, if I did say something I’d of said something like ‘rumour has it’ as I didn’t even know the full details myself 

On 19/12/2017 at 12:01 AM, BenR195 said:

His best mate died on track, and it hit him hard, which is understandable but for a while he went through a stage where if he gated he would do well, but if he never he’d struggle because he’d shut the throttle off if someone came near him, and I know he was troubled with injuries last season, like I’ve said, nice lad but redcar need someone more consistent at number 5, and the options are running out, can only really see Proctor, TJ and Kus that I can see us going for and Proctor would be my first choice

Tell him next season in the pits he will be close to you!! 

8 minutes ago, Shearer09 said:

Tell him next season in the pits he will be close to you!! 

I hope you’re not posting club business on this forum, as people have said, we should leave this kinda stuff to the promoters, I’m in trouble with a lot of people on here for telling porkies about a signing :cry:

8 hours ago, BenR195 said:

I’m only a fan at the end of the day who helps a rider out, as stated earlier, I’m not even a mechanic, I’m a fitter, so what makes me any different to a fan? Why can’t I speculate and have freedom of speech like a fan? I don’t get told team news, I only get told when my rider has signed, and where did I post about Alan?, as I honestly can’t remember saying that, not saying I didn’t say it as I did hear something was going on but I don’t remember putting it on here, if I did say something I’d of said something like ‘rumour has it’ as I didn’t even know the full details myself 

A fan with 'inside' information. That's the difference.  I'm in a similar situation to yourself.  I'm a fan, but who has a minor job in the pits and writes a column in the Raceday Magazine every week at Newcastle.  I hear 'privileged information,' both on a Sunday (or at away meetings) or in telephone conversations.  The last thing I'd be doing is posting on here with false (or certainly not true) info, because, despite what you say, harm could be done.

22 minutes ago, StevePark said:

A fan with 'inside' information. That's the difference.  I'm in a similar situation to yourself.  I'm a fan, but who has a minor job in the pits and writes a column in the Raceday Magazine every week at Newcastle.  I hear 'privileged information,' both on a Sunday (or at away meetings) or in telephone conversations.  The last thing I'd be doing is posting on here with false (or certainly not true) info, because, despite what you say, harm could be done.

The only inside information I had was that jonas had signed for redcar, I never leaked that information as it’s not my place to do so, I had a bit of fun to try and doubt peoples theories, I dont see the problem, no harm was done, it hasn’t ruined any secrets or team plans, what harm could of been done? jonas had already signed his contract, no team could then approach him even if they wanted to, hasn’t affected redcars plans or any other teams for that matter, the redcar promoter laughed about the posts id written and I’ve had no messages from any other promoters telling me I’m in the wrong, as far as I’m concerned, some fans on here are just bitter and can’t take a joke, it’s Christmas, they need to get into the holiday spirit, not moan because they potentially believed false info :D merry Christmas to you all from Team JBA;)

Edited by BenR195

23 minutes ago, BenR195 said:

The only inside information I had was that jonas had signed for redcar, I never leaked that information as it’s not my place to do so, I had a bit of fun to try and doubt peoples theories, I dont see the problem, no harm was done, it hasn’t ruined any secrets or team plans, what harm could of been done? jonas had already signed his contract, no team could then approach him even if they wanted to, hasn’t affected redcars plans or any other teams for that matter, the redcar promoter laughed about the posts id written and I’ve had no messages from any other promoters telling me I’m in the wrong, as far as I’m concerned, some fans on here are just bitter and can’t take a joke, it’s Christmas, they need to get into the holiday spirit, not moan because they potentially believed false info :D merry Christmas to you all from Team JBA;)

But if you are a Redcar fan or at least someone with a connection, why would you take pleasure in winding up fans with deliberate false statements - stating that JBA would not be returning was a lie - why say anything? All you have done is make Redcar fans question JBA because if he can appoint such a cretin as his mechanic, you have to worry about him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, neb said:

you are so far off the mark with that statement you obviously don't know Mr Bickley senior who is probably one of the most switched on guys around the speedway scene, nothing gets passed him let me tell you. If there ever was a young man with excellent advisors/management  behind him young Bickley has that to the max in his toolbox.

i do know the bickleys right up to great grandad

i slso know what and who i mean that may be the one to spoil it for the lads options speedway is a funny sport sponsors and teams turn there backs on riders for sometimes the smallest of reasons

8 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

But if you are a Redcar fan or at least someone with a connection, why would you take pleasure in winding up fans with deliberate false statements - stating that JBA would not be returning was a lie - why say anything? All you have done is make Redcar fans question JBA because if he can appoint such a cretin as his mechanic, you have to worry about him.

As stated above I’m not allowed to class myself as a mechanic, I am a ‘semi skilled fitter’ but thanks for taking time out of your day to reply to a cretin like myself, I feel soooo privileged, see you next season, as for fans questioning JBA, I knew he was getting announced on Friday so people would of only been guessing for a few days, no harm done 

9 hours ago, BenR195 said:

So it's only speculation now, right ok so you didn't know anything you claimed to know even Jenga is ripping the p*ss out you (no offence Jenga) but that is where you are now.

12 minutes ago, Gazc said:

So it's only speculation now, right ok so you didn't know anything you claimed to know even Jenga is ripping the p*ss out you (no offence Jenga) but that is where you are now.

I speculated with my team selections but I’ve been told I can’t do that because I help a rider out, I just want to know what I can and can’t say on this PUBLIC forum, I’ve not revealed any real secrets, just abit of fun and games, nice to see people getting annoyed and turning to personal insults though, real mature :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BenR195 said:

I speculated with my team selections but I’ve been told I can’t do that because I help a rider out, I just want to know what I can and can’t say on this PUBLIC forum, I’ve not revealed any real secrets, just abit of fun and games, nice to see people getting annoyed and turning to personal insults though, real mature :lol:

you can say whatever you want mate

aslong as you dont break any laws

we all like a bit of banter and a little half hearted wind ups

sometimes you cant actually say what you know to protect people or delicate situations

but can hint at things see who responds

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BenR195 said:

Not annoyed in the least but if you are in the position you say you are this potentially could have caused problems . Anyway as someone has said time to move on.

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

Not annoyed in the least but if you are in the position you say you are this potentially could have caused problems . Anyway as someone has said time to move on.

Explain to me what problems could of been caused? He had already signed for Redcar, me posting on a public forum was not gonna change that, but yes, let’s move on, some people have took this joke way too far, I appreciate the few that could see it was a harmless joke, it was fun while it lasted