British Speedway Forum

21 hours ago, BenR195 said:

If Kus and Jordy are 2 of the 3 remaining that would leave us with around 5.80, why go with Tobi on 4.66 and waste over a point when we could have someone like BWD, could of had Ellis back aswell, british lad, most improved rider in 2017, and now ditched, looks like we got what we needed from him last year and then tossed him aside 

1 british lad in the team this season compared to last seasons 5, what happened to bringing the young brits through? 

you are correct it is the waste of a point but people like Busch and not so much Kus

having said that i agree with your comment re English boys

Ellis Perks is sitting in Australia without a club in the UK.      Bears should have gone for him, rather than the unknown quantity

25 minutes ago, Uluru said:

Ellis Perks is sitting in Australia without a club in the UK.      Bears should have gone for him, rather than the unknown quantity

I agree wholeheartedly, Uluru, and I have to admit that I am embarassed and totally mystified as to why he has been cut after his simply stunning contribution to the cause in 2017. 

Has someone at the top forgotten how, particularly at the beginning of the campaign, Ellis was weighing in with huge double-figure scores almost everywhere he went and, along with Barker and Garrity, was the backbone of the team. Without those contributions we would surely have not gone on to enjoy such a successful season.

For me the first two names on the list for 2018 should have been Ben and Ellis but what do we know about what goes on behind the scenes? 

I would expect Ellis to be furious at being overlooked - I would too - but I hope that someone will pick him up and allow him to consolidate on 2017 and go on to enjoy a bright future in our leagues.

2 hours ago, Uluru said:

Could of went with Ellis and the unknown, they just dropped him saying they couldn’t fit him in when they could of, my review on the rumoured team:

Barker (Good Signing)

Jordy (Good Signing, should be at reserve)

Jonas (Good Signing, not a Heat Leader)

Mikkel (Good Signing)

Kus (Poor Signing, not a Number 5 and asked for a transfer away, why bring him back)

Tobi (Would rather had Ellis back or BWD) 

Theo (Good Signing, should do good at 7)

hopefully the last 3 riders aren’t the ones that are rumoured and we are in for a good surprise 

15 minutes ago, BenR195 said:

Could of went with Ellis and the unknown, they just dropped him saying they couldn’t fit him in when they could of, my review on the rumoured team:

Barker (Good Signing)

Jordy (Good Signing, should be at reserve)

Jonas (Good Signing, not a Heat Leader)

Mikkel (Good Signing)

Kus (Poor Signing, not a Number 5 and asked for a transfer away, why bring him back)

Tobi (Would rather had Ellis back or BWD) 

Theo (Good Signing, should do good at 7)

hopefully the last 3 riders aren’t the ones that are rumoured and we are in for a good surprise 

"Could of went":lol:

Ben  you gave us the rumour that the Anderson were not coming, so give us the rumour of who could be coming!!!

Edited by oldywonkenoldi
left out first word

3 minutes ago, oldywonkenoldi said:

Ben  you gave us the rumour that the Anderson were not coming, so give us the rumour of who could be coming!!!

Andersens* and that was a joke that people took way too far :D barker puts a red herring on Facebook and everyone finds it funny, I put a red herring on here and everyone takes offence, i don’t know the team for certain so can’t give anymore details, I’m just going by the rumours that are on here now, I have my opinions like everyone else on here has theirs 

I would've had Kus at Peterborough he goes well around the showground 

1 minute ago, Flappy said:

I would've had Kus at Peterborough he goes well around the showground 

He wont fit with your new no1.....

Matek Kus`s average tells us that he must be scoring decent points somewhere along the line so if Redcar have the chance to sign him, I`d take it.

2 minutes ago, screm said:

Matek Kus`s average tells us that he must be scoring decent points somewhere along the line so if Redcar have the chance to sign him, I`d take it.

I wouldn't! Apart from his history with the club, he isn't exactly known for his confidence or fortitude.

54 minutes ago, screm said:

His average is high because Ludvig used to protect him at Newcastle and they got a lot of 5-1’s against opposition riders who struggled to ride the track, he will do a good jump for us at Newcastle and maybe the odd meeting here and there but can’t see him producing the goods and supporting barker, I expect his average to drop to about 6.5 by the end of the season 

I wouldn't mind Ellis Perks and Matej Kus at Newcastle :) Can't imagine Ellis Perks costing a lot either, so if we are on a tight budget, he could be a good option... And British, but will he keep Ashley at reserve? Who knows...