British Speedway Forum

4 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

At the end of the day he wanted out of Redcar - plenty of better riders than him stayed around, he refused to ride for us - for me, I would never have him back - but he is here now so we just have to get on with it.

Theres that word "us" again. I think he didn't want to ride for Havvy. As you were a Havvy basher at the time I don't understand how you are swapping things around to try and make your opinion correct and blaming the rider for doing the same thing you were doing.

• Like 3

It is not opinion, it is fact he refused to ride for Redcar - no matter who promotion was - but that is a side issue and his past decisions have nothing to do with us signing him now - totally agree.

But the main problem with him I have is, he is simply not good enough to be number two heatleader - but as I have said that isnt really his fault, he has been signed to fill that role - but I don't believe he is good enough - I hear people saying what a great racer he is, well yes if he gates - otherwise he is not bothered. 

I sincerely hopes he proves me wrong and does a Micky Dyer and becomes one of the stars of the season - I just can't see it, as - as I have said - I don't rate him as a rider, nothing to do with what he has or hasnt said or done in the past.

Busch is final rider.

A team built to a budget and with only 1 real heat leader but a potentially strong reserve pairing.

Solid but unspectacular.

Decent 1 to 7 - will be ok at home, but will get some drubbings away, but same can be said of a number of sides.

Think we have the strongest reserve pairing in the league, but the fact we have wasted nearly a full point says a lot...

1 - Barker - Good number one, but lack of support from rest of team could pile pressure on - hope not
2 - Stewart - Always nice to have a new face, did ok in Aussie champs and looking forward to seeing him
3 - JBA - Really good rider, came on a lot last season, but big ask to ride as a heat-leader
4 - MBA - Could be the ace in the pack - if anyone is going to step up, could be him - again exciting addition
5 - Kus - Tough call to make him ride as second heat-leader, hopefully he maintains his average 
6 - Busch - Great to see him back - should push for top-5 spot
7 - Pijper - Not a huge fan, but at reserve and on that average could and should be adding more than a point

So as has been said, solid team - should entertain at home - Good number one, great reserves and two new additions - won't be making the play-offs but should be decent value.

Edited by RedcarRacer
Change

Lacking firepower and too many ifs and buts. If the untried riders prove to be sensational then who knows what might happen? Otherwise it looks like a Redcar team of old.

Pleased to see Jordan and Toby in the 2018 line up. 

The ball is firmly in Matej's court. He can either be a hero or a villain, and he hasn't got much time to become the hero. If he gets off to a poor start, it's going to be a long difficult time for him. Over to you Matej. 

• Like 1

Kus seemed delighted to be back, and was a strong hint he was certainly not enjoying things under the old promotion..

Dont know a lot about Stewart, but from what Jitendra said he comes very highly recommended from Mark Lemon and Hugh Skidmore, indeed Lemon was close to naming him in the Belle Vue team this year. Jitendra seemed very excited indeed by him in particular. We all know what Busch can do around the MPA - we need an injury free year from him if possible. Will be strong at reserve all season, and in Barker we have a good number one. Relying a bit on Kus or JBA to really step up this year, but fairly pleased with the side.

Stop living in the past. What happened before should be left there. I personally wanted to see Tobi Busch and Jacob Bukhave in the team. Tobi said last year he wasn't coming back, but has changed his mind and will great to be seen this season. Kus coming in will be a good thing for some and not for others, but we are not riding these bikes. I wish him and the rest of the lads a very successful season and each team in the League have strived in their own way given the budgets that they ALL have to have that Elite team. I'm just looking forward to seeing good speedway again no matter who they race against.

• Like 2

Kus was desperate to leave Redcar  despite all the Havvy stuff , He went to our local rivals , Why don't Newcastle want him back after paying for him ? 

The only reason he has signed for Redcar is because NOBODY else wants him .   BAD BAD signing . We are now hoping the newbies , Stewart & MBA come good , don't rely on Kus , he will let us down as he did so many times before .. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Kus was desperate to leave Redcar  despite all the Havvy stuff , He went to our local rivals , Why don't Newcastle want him back after paying for him ? 

The only reason he has signed for Redcar is because NOBODY else wants him .   BAD BAD signing . We are now hoping the newbies , Stewart & MBA come good , don't rely on Kus , he will let us down as he did so many times before .. 

As usual totally wrong. Matej wanted away from Havvy and in fact moved out of his house I believe. We fancied Kus and signed him. The following year we already had Steve Worrall and went for the big one Robert Lambert. So it was either Matej or Ludde and it was decided to go for Ludde as he brings more with him. This year Matej is riding in Poland so no Sundays for him, and he has gone on loan to your new promotion.

But don't let facts get in the way.

Good luck Matej this year.

• Like 1

Last season was such an inspiring new start, lots of good British stars and a young British rider who turned out to be one of the finds of the season. Now we have six foreigners! Made up of past their sell by date or the totally untried. I can understand the desire to create assets but this looks like a Berwick side.  

• Like 1