British Speedway Forum

Some of the paying public will suffer but I'm sure a few of the people who pick and choose their meetings now (that includes me these days) will just decide not to attend.

5 hours ago, Gazc said:

I see our team manager on social media stating its Ty Proctor as a guest on Thursday, best leave the Social Media thing alone I think Cami :wub:.

Better not saying anything at all if it is not correct.

Just listening to Kevin Keay on the local radio , Ty Proctor was booked as guest to replace Kus but Glasgow appealed and it was ruled that a NL guest had to be used, Ryan Terry Daley.

Edited by Yearbyred

1 minute ago, Yearbyred said:

Just listening to Kevin Keay on the local radio , Ty Proctor was booked as guest to replace Kus but Glasgow appealed and it was ruled that a NL guest had to be used.

Was it not the BSPA that made the ruling as they dont recognize the league he is riding in.

Remember seeing it somwhere but it was never mentioned Glasgow appealed.

But whatever happened it is another farce and the paying public short changed once again, this sport stumbles from one crazy ruling to another crazy ruling , we turn up at the start of every season hoping common sense prevails alas it is only hope.

6 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Was it not the BSPA that made the ruling as they dont recognize the league he is riding in.

Remember seeing it somwhere but it was never mentioned Glasgow appealed.

But whatever happened it is another farce and the paying public short changed once again, this sport stumbles from one crazy ruling to another crazy ruling , we turn up at the start of every season hoping common sense prevails alas it is only hope.

Can't understand how the BSPA Don't recognise the league. Speedway is speedway isn't it? or is it the BSPA making rules to suit them when it suits.

Only going on what Kevin Keay said on radio - Proctor was booked but after a protest by Glasgow the ruling was made.

Can’t see it does the sport much good, it weakens an already weak team and I’m sure the crowd figure will reflect this.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Speedway4ever said:

Can't understand how the BSPA Don't recognise the league. Speedway is speedway isn't it? or is it the BSPA making rules to suit them when it suits.

Probably because it isn't actually a league, it's a four team tournament. Four clubs, four riders plus a reserve in each side and that's it.

Won't stop me going win,lose or draw but I agree it dosn't do the sport good even from what others have put about promoters and management knowing when they signed Kus.

It just seems the BSPA couldn't give a stuff and they do or allow what they want when it suits. Then again they are used to making rules up then changing them arn't they.

33 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Only going on what Kevin Keay said on radio - Proctor was booked but after a protest by Glasgow the ruling was made.

Can’t see it does the sport much good, it weakens an already weak team and I’m sure the crowd figure will reflect this.

If the Czech league isnt recognised and this was already known, why were Redcar booking a guest in the first place?

2 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Probably because it isn't actually a league, it's a four team tournament. Four clubs, four riders plus a reserve in each side and that's it.

So if Kus didn't go he loses out and gets penalised and no doubt the promoters would get a fine if they refused to allow him to go even though the BSPA don't acknowledge what he's racing in. 

2 minutes ago, MD said:

If the Czech league isnt recognised and this was already known, why were Redcar booking a guest in the first place?

I see what you are saying. The question is how many outside the BSPA know it's not recognised until this come up

They knew he was racing, but maybe didn't know they couldn't get a rider from the same league. I don't know. Either way we just get on with it and see what happens. They can only do their best tomorrow night. I bet many never thought Workington would beat the Tigers. Speedway is certainly unpredictable.

Edited by Speedway4ever

I think most Redcar supporters weren’t keen on Kus coming back and if the rule re the Czech league has been in place for a while (as some are saying is the case) then the fault lies with Redcar.

Glasgow should really be coming away with 4 points from this meeting now.

2 minutes ago, Speedway4ever said:

I see what you are saying. The question is how many outside the BSPA know it's not recognised until this come up

That's the problem nobody probably, it was erimus that copy and pasted a statement on it on the previous page on this thread so I am guessing going by that it was a BSPA decision rather than a Glasgow appeal either way its p*ss poor on the fans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

I think most Redcar supporters weren’t keen on Kus coming back and if the rule re the Czech league has been in place for a while (as some are saying is the case) then the fault lies with Redcar.

Glasgow should really be coming away with 4 points from this meeting now.

This is the thing how would we know how long it's been in unless those governing the sport say.

A bit crap now if other Czech riders want to come to Britain or teams look to other Czech riders as that's knackered for them isn't it which I feel is unfair.

I hope it's a good meeting tomorrow night and both teams give the fans a good nights racing. It's going to be interesting that's for sure.

Anyway, safe journey for any Tigers fans venturing down.