British Speedway Forum

19 minutes ago, Speedway4ever said:

So if Kus didn't go he loses out and gets penalised and no doubt the promoters would get a fine if they refused to allow him to go even though the BSPA don't acknowledge what he's racing in. 

The promoters wouldn't get a fine, the Czechs have no power over UK promoters but Kus might get a fine from his own country, or even a suspension. Redcar should have known all this, Kus frequently missed meetings when he was there before.

1 hour ago, Speedway4ever said:

A bit crap now if other Czech riders want to come to Britain or teams look to other Czech riders as that's knackered for them isn't it which I feel is unfair.

Are you saying it is unfair for Czech riders to prioritise their own league and that their first allegiance should be to a foreign league, in this case the British?

11 hours ago, erimus11 said:

Just gets better and better.

Ain't too impressed with Duffill's explanation either ( taken from Club website)

“Matej Kus is required to race tonight in his home country, the Czech Republic. He has to be there or his federation will suspend his license, making it impossible for him to race here today. The BSPA will not recognise this meeting like they do in Denmark, Poland or Sweden, where we WOULD have got a facility. So he is penalised due to his nationality. We are forced to use a National League guest even though Matej is riding in his home country. I completely fail to understand how this is in the best interests of the sport and it is the paying public that suffer in the end. What a ridiculous situation!”

It may well be a ridiculous situation but surely the management knew this before the season started!

Right about one thing though - it's the paying public that suffer...yet again

Damage limitation yet again :(

I believe this rule regarding Czech riders has been in place for several years and also effects  1 or 2 other eastern European countries, no idea why there couldn't have been an agreement , it's just a shambles that any team that has this circumstance will have to suffer the consequences by being forced to bring in a N.L rider thus robbing the fans by weakening there team and making them less competitive . Surely it's about time the BSPA /SCB recognised this problem instead of sweeping it under the carpet . They should be trying to increase crowd levels in the  U/K not driving fans away.  I think the problem on reflection may have something to do with Czech's and a few others are not members of the  ACU which is our governing body, so any change of ruling  must be put before them.

Edited by New era Panthers
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, KevH said:

Are you saying it is unfair for Czech riders to prioritise their own league and that their first allegiance should be to a foreign league, in this case the British?

It's unfair for everyone involved a rider will be penalised if they don't  do what their federation says and it's rules to suit from the Governing body here who they choose to acknowledge team wise when they can for some but not others. Like I said rules to suit with those here. 

19 minutes ago, Speedway4ever said:

It's unfair for everyone involved a rider will be penalised if they don't  do what their federation says and it's rules to suit from the Governing body here who they choose to acknowledge team wise when they can for some but not others. Like I said rules to suit with those here. 

Yes but he rode for Redcar for years, he has always had these problems, what with this and his very erratic form, they might select their riders more wisely in future.

• Like 1

June 1 could see some interesting options - Pijper might be lucky to escape, Kus could very well be at reserve by that point...

21 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

I think the problem on reflection may have something to do with Czech's and a few others are not members of the  ACU which is our governing body, so any change of ruling  must be put before them.

Not sure what you mean here? The ACU (as you say) are our governing body, so how can the Czech's (for example) become members?

2 minutes ago, KevH said:

Not sure what you mean here? The ACU (as you say) are our governing body, so how can the Czech's (for example) become members?

I believe they have a different federation and are not in agreement for some reason or other with U/k  taking priority over riders from  the Czech republic for domestic fixtures. That is only part of it as I still don't understand why U/K can't allow guests to cover,  unless its the ACU that will not accept it

11 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I believe they have a different federation and are not in agreement for some reason or other with U/k  taking priority over riders from  the Czech republic for domestic fixtures. That is only part of it as I still don't understand why U/K can't allow guests to cover,  unless its the ACU that will not accept it

Yes, every nation has their own federation, which sets the rules and regulations for their respective countries. Naturally, each federation sets it's own nation as their priority and will tailor things to suit themselves. The decision not to allow facilities in the UK for riders riding in the Czech Republic will not, and can not be determined by the Czech authorities......it will be a ruling set by one or more of the UK governing bodies, which are the BSPA, the SCB, the ACU, or ultimately the RAC.

Edited by KevH

16 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

The foreign federations hold the registrations of that countries riders, and in order to sign a foreign rider, their federation needs to issue a "permission to ride". They can dictate terms, but there are official agreements with the DMU, Svemo, AMA(Danish, Sweden and the USA) in place.

Well changes had to be made and whilst he's certainly not alone in being culpable the team needs to be strengthened.

The news his morning that I have lost my team place at Redcar!
While I can’t complain as we all know I’m better than what I have produced, including upping my average - I think it’s fair to say I wasn’t alone in that although it seems it’s ALL my fault. 
There’s more I would like to say but it won’t be allowed by the powers that be.
I’d like to thank the good people at Redcar for the help and support 
I’m of to spend the day with the ones who matter 1f44d.png

I hope he isn't alone in this. Kus was never deserving of a place (and he's proved it) and JBA has shown no improvement in recent years.