British Speedway Forum

If you could provide Ben Barker with bikes and a mechanic and just get him to arrive and ride you will get the best out of him.  

Was brilliant in two spells at Ipswich but carries a lot of baggage. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

If you could provide Ben Barker with bikes and a mechanic and just get him to arrive and ride you will get the best out of him.  

That's been the problem with Ben wherever he's been , when he's good he's great to watch , I love his guts or glory style , but there always seems to be another problem just around the next corner for him 

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

So, what he needs is 1) Bikes, 2) a mechanic and 3) someone to carry his kit bag, etc.   :D :P :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DSC67 said:

That's been the problem with Ben wherever he's been , when he's good he's great to watch , I love his guts or glory style , but there always seems to be another problem just around the next corner for him 

Gambling is a very destructive thing, the problem only goes away when you stop ...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, blupanther said:

Gambling is a very destructive thing, the problem only goes away when you stop ...

It can be, but doesn't have to be. Controlling it might help if you don't stop.

There always seems to be a back story with Barker and in recent times this chaos is having an effect on the racing. I know it goes on, but there should be no way a rider should expect any club to provide him with the tools of his trade, especially the likes of Barker who you would think would be able to gather some kind of equipment together.

If Ben Barker was riding NL bikes at Newcastle last week, I'd love to see him on decent kit because he was excellent. 

If you don't want him at Redcar please send him on the A19 northbound - imo he would fit in at Newcastle and maybe George would be the man to get him ticking over nicely.

1 minute ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

If Ben Barker was riding NL bikes at Newcastle last week, I'd love to see him on decent kit because he was excellent. 

If you don't want him at Redcar please send him on the A19 northbound - imo he would fit in at Newcastle and maybe George would be the man to get him ticking over nicely.

You can have Kus, Barker might well not ride again for a long time.

• Like 1

I think Ben would admit his scores have not been great, especially at home. He is unquestionably box office though, and he never gives up. If we had had another heatleader before now it would also have taken a bit of pressure off him.

• Like 2

Rumours rife that Kus has been released , hope they are true ..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Cant be true as there are literally no riders available, and those that are wont ride in the north!

Would be interesting to see who comes in if true - can only see someone like Greaves really available but it is heatleaders we need. 

2 hours ago, Norfolk Bear said:

Heard he was in the Black and Gold club in Berwick last night

27 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Heard he was in the Black and Gold club in Berwick last night

I think he's at Berwick quite often on a Saturday night

9 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

He has had that luxury a few times, but he then needs to maintain that equipment, & curb his gambling.