British Speedway Forum

23 hours ago, cheekycobra said:

Four riders signed = 

Total: 24.03

Remaining: 18.47

The second asset rumoured to be Jordan Stewart on 5 (now said to be riding in the top 5) means (with Pijper riding at 7) the second reserve has to be between 4.20 and 5.00 (take your pick from Ayres, Garcia, Greaves, Busch etc leaves between 8.81 and 9.23 for the last rider. Either the Bears have a new number 1 or are going to be well short of the 42.50 limit.

I.m confused with the average Danes and Swede's are given (said to be between 5.20 and 7.00, So maybe the new asset is a Dane/Swede on 7, which would fit better in the top 5 and would leave 6-7ish  for a second string ie BWD/Berge.

#confused.com

If it's a new Dane or Swede then he's not an asset until he's done 4 home and 4 away official league fixtures.

With an average of 8.81 and 9.23 to fill, it certainly looks like a new No 1 is heading to the MPA in 2018. Looking forward to cheering the Bears on again in 2018. 

9 hours ago, parkendlass said:

With an average of 8.81 and 9.23 to fill, it certainly looks like a new No 1 is heading to the MPA in 2018. Looking forward to cheering the Bears on again in 2018. 

Don’t think we can afford a new number 1, it’s been said all along that this team will be run on a budget, so don’t expect anything special, Barker will be number 1

10 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

and nothing wrong with barker at no1

im sure a few clubs wouldnt mind him as there no1

I agree, I’m happy with Barker at 1, its the positioning of other riders in the team that worries me, Jonas as a heatleader and the 2 new boys in the main body, we should of built the team with Jonas at 4 again, Mikkel at 2 and the new 5.00 at reserve, Jonas had quite an inconsistent year, and now has the pressure of scoring heatleader scores every meeting, and nobody knows how the 2 new boys are gonna go

2 hours ago, BenR195 said:

I agree, I’m happy with Barker at 1, its the positioning of other riders in the team that worries me, Jonas as a heatleader and the 2 new boys in the main body, we should of built the team with Jonas at 4 again, Mikkel at 2 and the new 5.00 at reserve, Jonas had quite an inconsistent year, and now has the pressure of scoring heatleader scores every meeting, and nobody knows how the 2 new boys are gonna go

I cant see any team having three heat leaders unless you class Vissing at Glasgow, Covatti at Ipswich, Wright at Sheffield or Ellis at Lakeside. So JBA wont be a heat leader really, just a strong second string with Kus or whoever as second heat leader. 

I thought I had the team roughly sussed, until a rumour came out that the new asset wont be at reserve. We will see in time :)

33 minutes ago, cheekycobra said:

I cant see any team having three heat leaders unless you class Vissing at Glasgow, Covatti at Ipswich, Wright at Sheffield or Ellis at Lakeside. So JBA wont be a heat leader really, just a strong second string with Kus or whoever as second heat leader. 

I thought I had the team roughly sussed, until a rumour came out that the new asset wont be at reserve. We will see in time :)

Wright is a great heatleader though, look at Charles and Jonas this season for redcar, you can’t say jonas is on the same level as him, and we will be expecting jonas to go out and do what Charles done for us this year, Sheffield will have Howarth, Bjerre and Charles, Ipswich have King, Schlein and Covatti, Glasgow have Worrall, Harris and Vissing, lakeside have Morris, Lawson and Ellis, Scunthorpe have Worrall, Garrity and Auty, all have 3 decent heatleaders, if Kus is the signing to be announced, then ours will be Barker, Kus and Jonas, Kus is only on a 7.64 average because he learnt the Newcastle track and most away riders struggle so he’d get easy 5-1s with Ludvig (my opinion he will be a 6.5/7 pointer by the end of the season) and as I’ve said jonas struggled with consistency as a second string this season, so god knows why we would put him at number 3 next season, hopefully he can do a good job but if he has a poor run of form at number 3, some fans will be calling for him to be dropped, and it will be down to him being thrown in to a heatleader position when he isn’t ready for it yet, too much pressure on my opinion and then the last 2 riders in the main body haven’t ridden our tracks before except Mikkels 1 meeting at the Silver Helmet in 2015

What did you think the team was? I thought Kus, BWD and Jordy Stewart were gonna be the last 3, that was until Ben Duffill said the new asset was gonna be in the main body, so ruled out BWD, so we know our number 6 is between 4.23 and 4.99, hopefully it’s Greaves or Jacobs, have a feeling it will be Tobi though

Edited by BenR195

23 minutes ago, BenR195 said:

What did you think the team was? I thought Kus, BWD and Jordy Stewart were gonna be the last 3, that was until Ben Duffill said the new asset was gonna be in the main body, so ruled out BWD, so we know our number 6 is between 4.23 and 4.99, hopefully it’s Greaves or Jacobs, have a feeling it will be Tobi though

Yeah that's what I thought, but the stats don't add up now. Cant see us been to far short of reaching 42.50 so maybe we are miles off the mark.

What we lose out on the three heat leaders we should make up for at second string and reserve.

9 minutes ago, cheekycobra said:

Yeah that's what I thought, but the stats don't add up now. Cant see us been to far short of reaching 42.50 so maybe we are miles off the mark.

What we lose out on the three heat leaders we should make up for at second string and reserve.

Our second strings haven’t ridden UK tracks before so we can’t expect too much from them, hopefully they both come into the side and score well, our season depends on them, if they struggle, we will be in for a bad season, we should be okay at reserve if Tobi comes back the rider he was before the crash last season 

26 minutes ago, BenR195 said:

Our second strings haven’t ridden UK tracks before so we can’t expect too much from them, hopefully they both come into the side and score well, our season depends on them, if they struggle, we will be in for a bad season, we should be okay at reserve if Tobi comes back the rider he was before the crash last season 

From the little I've seen of MBA,and some of his results, I think he will do OK. Said to be better than JBA. You have to remember the new rules mean we got him on a bargain 5.20 and not the 7 we would have had to use last season. 

9 minutes ago, cheekycobra said:

From the little I've seen of MBA,and some of his results, I think he will do OK. Said to be better than JBA. You have to remember the new rules mean we got him on a bargain 5.20 and not the 7 we would have had to use last season. 

I’ve worked with both of them, great lads, great riders but 1st time round on all the tracks, we shouldn’t be relying on them to score big

9 minutes ago, BenR195 said:

I’ve worked with both of them, great lads, great riders but 1st time round on all the tracks, we shouldn’t be relying on them to score big

5.20 and 5.00. both (whoever the second one is) should be capable of holding those figures. If they come close I'm sure most Bears fans will be happy. Like we've been told, its about building for the future. Don't worry, I have faith that it will be a good season  :) 

38 minutes ago, cheekycobra said:

5.20 and 5.00. both (whoever the second one is) should be capable of holding those figures. If they come close I'm sure most Bears fans will be happy. Like we've been told, its about building for the future. Don't worry, I have faith that it will be a good season  :) 

Hopefully it is a good season and that all those fans that came back this season come back next season too, last thing redcar needs is for fans to walk away again 

28 minutes ago, BenR195 said:

Hopefully it is a good season and that all those fans that came back this season come back next season too, last thing redcar needs is for fans to walk away again 

They'd best not sign Kus then.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BenR195 said:

Well I for one will be at the MPA whatever kind of season we have. The wooden spoon years, the exciting last season, I'm a Bears fan, they are my team. Thick or thin seasons, I love watching them, obviously, I want a decent season, who wouldn't . I'm not as au fait with averages rules I'm afraid as established members are. I'm learning a lot on here.

Edited by parkendlass
  • Like 5