British Speedway Forum

28 minutes ago, cheekycobra said:

Be a shock to the system when he does arrive with this weather. No need to pack his flip flops.

Think he is more likely to require flippers.

Fingers crossed the forecast for the week ahead is to warm up and the sun to shine. Desperately ( like most others clubs ) need a break in this weather so Kev and co can get everything sorted in time for Press and Practice day .

2 hours ago, Parsy29 said:

Fingers crossed the forecast for the week ahead is to warm up and the sun to shine. Desperately ( like most others clubs ) need a break in this weather so Kev and co can get everything sorted in time for Press and Practice day .

If you stay away the weather might hold out :0

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

If you stay away the weather might hold out :0

Thats very harsh :lol:

So with Ben Barker quitting Rye House, the question is, is he quitting the sport? Will Redcar have to find a new number 1 in the coming days? Why has Ben left Rye?

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, bruno said:

Would he fit at Newcastle?

Only if they fancy renewing the fence every week.

• Like 1

Would be very surprised if he was not at Redcar still. 

• Like 1

I don't think Ben would leave Redcar to join someone else, I am wondering whether he's retiring? I dunno, I'd like him at Newcastle, but if he stays in this league, sure;y it's with Redcar

2 hours ago, boz said:

Would be very surprised if he was not at Redcar still. 

I agree, but it's worth the thought in the back of your mind, that he might not be

5 hours ago, WalterPlinge said:

Will Redcar also be looking for a new No.1?   Or will Barker be allowed out for Redcar matches?

3 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

I don't think Ben would leave Redcar to join someone else, I am wondering whether he's retiring? I dunno, I'd like him at Newcastle, but if he stays in this league, sure;y it's with Redcar

I agree, but it's worth the thought in the back of your mind, that he might not be

Ominous quote above from WalterPlinge, who usually has a good grasp of speedway situations. What does the latter sentence mean, 'out of what' ?

Hope it not what I think, but it is fanciful to think him coming to Newcastle. He is a Redcar rider in 2018. 

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

What does the latter sentence mean, 'out of what' ?

Just wondered if he'd be 'out' on track for Redcar, since he's had to quit Rye House for 'personal reasons'.

• Thanks 1

Most Championship 1-7s listed and averages ratified on BSPA site

Only Edinburgh Newcastle and Redcar blank.....

Sounds like Jordan Stewarts much awaited debut for Redcar will have to wait for a few days yet as he is still awaiting clearance from the SCB.